Page 31 of 67 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    Would you be paying taxes on the kit itself from Oreca? Are goods taxed similar to vehicles?

Liked 30 Times in 18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by racerx1979 View Post
    Would you be paying taxes on the kit itself from Oreca? Are goods taxed similar to vehicles?
    We rather buy the kit & pay the taxes rather than do a risky thing by buying a R5 car which hard for us to maintain because lack of car manufacturer's representatives/dealers (No Skoda, no Ford, Hyundai & Peugeot are the minnows).

No matter what, I can assume that completed R4 cars, at least the cars which built at here, would be cheaper (a bit or a bunch, doesn't matter) than a R5 cars. (Finally there are some advantage thru government-implemented LCGC cars). What matter most is the maintenance cost because we rarely change cars, and relatively short rally (There is a sprint rally & a long-stage rally which could be done in just 1 day).

Visionary
    Liked 167 Times in 69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by racerx1979 View Post
    I'm trying to see if I can purchase a Dytko car for rallying in Australia. I've heard it's not an issue, but I would not be able to participate in Rally Australia since it's an FIA event part of the WRC.
    For the answers to your questions around local eligibility you need to talk with your country's ASN - CAMS. I suggest a conversation with Col Trinder - Chairman Australian Rally Commission.
    There are Dytko cars already in use in Australia as there are in New Zealand. In NZ the clock is already ticking on their shelf life for use in the domestic championship. I don't know the situation in Aus.

I saw your earlier comment regarding quality. You'd want to speak to people who have imported these cars already.
    The concept is good and the price attractive. However, as I understand it, those imported into NZ have all undergone a major rebuild before being suitable for use there.
    Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to a paramedic.

Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sollitt View Post
    For the answers to your questions around local eligibility you need to talk with your country's ASN - CAMS. I suggest a conversation with Col Trinder - Chairman Australian Rally Commission.
    There are Dytko cars already in use in Australia as there are in New Zealand. In NZ the clock is already ticking on their shelf life for use in the domestic championship. I don't know the situation in Aus.

I saw your earlier comment regarding quality. You'd want to speak to people who have imported these cars already.
    The concept is good and the price attractive. However, as I understand it, those imported into NZ have all undergone a major rebuild before being suitable for use there.
    Thanks for the response and quality info @sollitt

The Polo shell I saw seemed fairly decent as far as the roll cage was concerned. I think the best thing is to buy the shell and install your own components as opposed to Dytko doing it.

I will get in touch with Col Trinder to see what can be done to get the Proto cars into Aus.

The other option is just to get an Evo 9 or Evo x with R4 running gear.

Liked 183 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mArvAlcao17 View Post
    We rather buy the kit & pay the taxes rather than do a risky thing by buying a R5 car which hard for us to maintain because lack of car manufacturer's representatives/dealers (No Skoda, no Ford, Hyundai & Peugeot are the minnows).

No matter what, I can assume that completed R4 cars, at least the cars which built at here, would be cheaper (a bit or a bunch, doesn't matter) than a R5 cars. (Finally there are some advantage thru government-implemented LCGC cars). What matter most is the maintenance cost because we rarely change cars, and relatively short rally (There is a sprint rally & a long-stage rally which could be done in just 1 day).
    What you will have to be careful of; if the R4 Kit is designed for a body shell built in Europe , there are likely to be subtle differences if trying to put the kit in a Asian made body shell.
    What you could try is get one of the official Australasian AP4 constructors (if the French R4 kit makers do not supply) make you a welding jig for the local construction of rally body shells. They have made a few car body shell welding jigs before.
    http://bit.ly/2guWKfb (VW Polo AP 4 Australia with evo gearbox) $200 000 Australian for a cost focused AP4.

The Mazda 2 would probably be one of the lesser difficulty builds as base platform is the same as the CX and has the driveshaft tunnel as standard.
    If the Subaru wrx sti is eligible that should be looked at too as it is already 4wd.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeakiwi View Post
    What you will have to be careful of; if the R4 Kit is designed for a body shell built in Europe , there are likely to be subtle differences if trying to put the kit in a Asian made body shell.
    What you could try is get one of the official Australasian AP4 constructors (if the French R4 kit makers do not supply) make you a welding jig for the local construction of rally body shells. They have made a few car body shell welding jigs before.
    http://bit.ly/2guWKfb (VW Polo AP 4 Australia with evo gearbox) $200 000 Australian for a cost focused AP4.

The Mazda 2 would probably be one of the lesser difficulty builds as base platform is the same as the CX and has the driveshaft tunnel as standard.
    If the Subaru wrx sti is eligible that should be looked at too as it is already 4wd.
    Noted. From the list which i made, i know that some cars could be excluded because the bodyshell is either too short or too fragile.

So, from Indonesia's perspective, what could be: Toyota Etios, Nissan Micra & Mazda 2. don't know about the others.

Btw, Subaru dealers at here was banned because of the tax fraud, so it's rare for me to see the cars.
    Good news is Ford will return to Indonesia, so thing getting a little bit easier

Liked 1,176 Times in 389 Posts
    Doesn't matter if bodyshell is from European version of car or Asian or other... anyway you need to modify it to accomodate R4 kit

Liked 1,176 Times in 389 Posts
    next week first tarmac tests of Etios R4

Liked 825 Times in 373 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by br21 View Post
    next week first tarmac tests of Etios R4
    It will start also at Rallye du Var

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

11. Likes: TWRC (14th October 2017)