Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 445
  1. #411
    Senior Member Sulland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Kristiansand, Norway
    Posts
    4,593
    Like
    408
    Liked 389 Times in 213 Posts
    Have they started a R2 project?
    www.parcferme.no

  2. #412
    Senior Member Arnold Triyudho Wardono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Surabaya, East Java, Indonesia
    Posts
    372
    Like
    207
    Liked 77 Times in 47 Posts
    Can anyone imagine Etios R4 sedan..?

    Sent from my A12 using Tapatalk

  3. Likes: steve.mandzij (20th February 2018)
  4. #413
    Senior Member Sulland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Kristiansand, Norway
    Posts
    4,593
    Like
    408
    Liked 389 Times in 213 Posts
    https://www.oreca.com/constructeur/#fia-r4

    Looking at the Oreca webpage, i find it only in french. Due to a pre-set browser that automatically translates I can read about their rally project, under racing.

    the pdf explaining and trying to sell it, looks fine, but I can only find it in french, and google translate says it is too large to translate...
    https://www.oreca.com/wp-content/upl...compressed.pdf

    If I am correct in that all are in french, that is special, in it being a FIA project.

    My take is that they need to have Rally easy to find on the front page, not under builder, or racing.
    All regarding R4 need to be in english
    Do not call it a reasonabel price, it is not.

    Build a few on speculation, and use Sarrazin and one more driver in WRC and ERC to show the potential. Rent two of them out cheap to whoever want to test it.

    If not it could be a stillborn!
    www.parcferme.no

  5. #414
    Senior Member racerx1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    504
    Like
    103
    Liked 357 Times in 176 Posts
    The Baratec kits are extremely expensive. I do not see their 1600T setup being any cheaper than the R4 kits from Oreca. Bring back Group N in using Focus RS and Subaru WRX STI's

  6. Likes: electroliquid (21st February 2018)
  7. #415
    Senior Member PLuto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Zlin
    Posts
    6,758
    Like
    171
    Liked 1,792 Times in 837 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland View Post
    https://www.oreca.com/constructeur/#fia-r4

    Looking at the Oreca webpage, i find it only in french. Due to a pre-set browser that automatically translates I can read about their rally project, under racing.

    the pdf explaining and trying to sell it, looks fine, but I can only find it in french, and google translate says it is too large to translate...
    https://www.oreca.com/wp-content/upl...compressed.pdf

    If I am correct in that all are in french, that is special, in it being a FIA project.

    My take is that they need to have Rally easy to find on the front page, not under builder, or racing.
    All regarding R4 need to be in english
    Do not call it a reasonabel price, it is not.

    Build a few on speculation, and use Sarrazin and one more driver in WRC and ERC to show the potential. Rent two of them out cheap to whoever want to test it.

    If not it could be a stillborn!
    Sorry, it is not so difficult to find it in english...

    https://www.oreca.com/en/manufacturer/#fia-r4

    https://www.oreca.com/wp-content/upl...compressed.pdf

  8. #416
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    66
    Like
    9
    Liked 20 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by racerx1979 View Post
    The Baratec kits are extremely expensive. I do not see their 1600T setup being any cheaper than the R4 kits from Oreca. Bring back Group N in using Focus RS and Subaru WRX STI's
    how much the cost? I'm a bit curious

  9. #417
    Senior Member Rally Power's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    1,883
    Like
    2,144
    Liked 1,513 Times in 717 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by racerx1979 View Post
    The Baratec kits are extremely expensive. I do not see their 1600T setup being any cheaper than the R4 kits from Oreca. Bring back Group N in using Focus RS and Subaru WRX STI's
    Spanish tuner RMC is selling full N5 cars (based on Baratec 1.6T MR’s) below R4 cars announced price. R4 tech concept is interesting and useful for the sport, but the main problem is to have a single supplier worldwide. It’d make more sense to implement an international regulation for the category and allow national tuners to build the cars according to those rules (a bit like AP4).
    Rally addict since 1982

  10. #418
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    404
    Like
    8
    Liked 195 Times in 115 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    but the main problem is to have a single supplier worldwide. It’d make more sense to implement an international regulation for the category and allow national tuners to build the cars according to those rules (a bit like AP4).
    That's totally the issue in my opinion as well. If you are trying to open the playing field to allow manufacturers/importers in arenas outside the reach of the WRC/ERC etc, to rally a car that may not be available other than on the local market then open it properly rather than restrict it with one kit supplier. Its not as if you are looking for parity like a one make series. IMO this is a circuit racing formula trying to applied to rallying and it isn't a fit.

    For anyone other than an importer in say Sth America or Asia then R4 doesnt add up cost wise when compared to an R5 or even top N4 machine
    Last edited by Sal the 2nd; 21st February 2018 at 13:44.

  11. #419
    Senior Member Sulland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Kristiansand, Norway
    Posts
    4,593
    Like
    408
    Liked 389 Times in 213 Posts
    Is it known how many cars are buildt to date?
    www.parcferme.no

  12. #420
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    J y v ä s k y l ä
    Posts
    2,199
    Like
    7,297
    Liked 767 Times in 376 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland View Post
    Is it known how many cars are buildt to date?
    Oren only sells KITīs, every team does building themselves. I donīt know how many KITīs have been sold.
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •