Page 30 of 67 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    Liked 30 Times in 18 Posts
    Anybody here know why my replies are still not confirmed by moderators?

I sent some replies 2 days ago, but not yet accepted

Liked 3,774 Times in 1,677 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mArvAlcao17 View Post
    Anybody here know why my replies are still not confirmed by moderators?
    Hmm, I didnt know that some posts must be confirmed...

4. Likes: pantealex (21st September 2017)
    Liked 21 Times in 6 Posts
    Sarrazin testing yesterday in gravel:

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    Hmm, I didnt know that some posts must be confirmed...
    I think it was for new users when posting links. Spam bots usually post links, so that's why fresh users must be watched.

Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    I think it was for new users when posting links. Spam bots usually post links, so that's why fresh users must be watched.
    hmm...do you know how many time it neede before it's confirmed?

Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mArvAlcao17 View Post
    hmm...do you know how many time it neede before it's confirmed?
    For pics it was 20 messages if I remember correctly.
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

I just made the list of the cars which eligible to be converted to R4 spec, and driven it into Indonesian Championship. Some of them made me interested.

Of course the list could be shorter considering numerous things.

1 euro = 15928.33 rupiah

FIA R4.jpg

10. Likes: Arnold Triyudho Wardono (23rd September 2017),pantealex (22nd September 2017),TWRC (23rd September 2017)
    Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    The biggest concern for me would be build costs. You would need to heavily modify the chassis in order to fit the 4wd drivetrain, wheel well modification, fuel cell mounting, updated subframe mounts, suspension turrets etc. I'm sure labor rates are cheaper in Indonesia than many countries, but the process would need to be carried out by a top spec fabrication shop. In the USA, Australia, NZ or Europe, the cost to build a chassis around an R4 spec car would be quite high. This would then bring the price close to the R5 spec after all is said and done.

If one can buy a car directly from Oreca ready to run, such as the Toyota Etios, than it would be the best case scenario. What does one do with a one-off custom built chassis when they have an accident and need a new shell. It's not like we have a ton of Toyota Yaris R4 body shells for sale. Do you build two shells so you can have a spare? I can find a few Fiesta and Skoda R5 shells for sale in a few minutes via the popular rally classified sites.
    Last edited by racerx1979; 25th September 2017 at 12:21.

12. Likes: dupanton (25th September 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by racerx1979 View Post
    The biggest concern for me would be build costs. You would need to heavily modify the chassis in order to fit the 4wd drivetrain, wheel well modification, fuel cell mounting, updated subframe mounts, suspension turrets etc. I'm sure labor rates are cheaper in Indonesia than many countries, but the process would need to be carried out by a top spec fabrication shop. In the USA, Australia, NZ or Europe, the cost to build a chassis around an R4 spec car would be quite high. This would then bring the price close to the R5 spec after all is said and done.

If one can buy a car directly from Oreca ready to run, such as the Toyota Etios, than it would be the best case scenario. What does one do with a one-off custom built chassis when they have an accident and need a new shell. It's not like we have a ton of Toyota Yaris R4 body shells for sale. Do you build two shells so you can have a spare? I can find a few Fiesta and Skoda R5 shells for sale in a few minutes via the popular rally classified sites.
    Buying cars directly from Oreca is the worst scenario as well for us because the hefty tax. However i never heard any cars destroyed during rally, so the crews at here can keep their car very well (of course R4 could be challenging). If teams like Toyota Team Indonesia could support the project at here...