Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 124 Times in 67 Posts

Rally Islas Canarias 2021

The 45 Rally Islas Canarias opens its entries period and publishes its itinerary

Today, Friday, October 8, from 2:00 p.m., the 45 Rally Islas Canarias has opened its entries period. At the same time, Todo Sport has made public the itinerary of an edition that will be held, between November 18 and 20, the 2022 last chapter of the FIA ​​European Rally Championship.

Next November, the Rally Islas Canarias will once again delight fans. The European event will be held between the 18th and 20th as the closing of an FIA European Rally Championship that is developing in a spectacular way with up to five different winners in six races contested.

This Friday, October 8, from 2:00 p.m., the entries period for the 45th edition of the Rally Islas Canarias has been opened, a period that will open until Thursday, November 2 at 8:00 p.m. This day has also been designated to publish the supplementary regulations, maps and also the final itinerary.

Precisely, the itinerary is one of the aspects that the fans and teams that have planned their participation in Gran Canaria during the second half of November have been waiting the most.

First day will be held the stages of 'Valsequillo' (11.91 km), 'San Mateo' (13.86 km), 'Tejeda' (13.66 km) and 'Santa Lucía' (12.94 km ), each of them twice, to close that day with stage of 'Las Palmas de Gran Canaria' (1.53 km). The second and final leg will consist of two visits to 'Arucas' (7.18 km), 'Moya' (12.96 km), 'Valleseco' (14.56 km) and the two versions the Telde stage, 'Telde Tradición del Motor (10.39 km) in the first instance and 'Telde Ciudad Deportiva' (11.11 km) in the second. In short, a route that runs through a good part of the Gran Canaria geography and that will offer a high dose of emotion.

The official website, www.rallyislascanarias.com, already hosts the supplementary regulations, maps and itinerary for this edition from 2:00 p.m. on Friday, October 8.

https://www.rallyislascanarias.com/i...-its-itinerary

2. Likes: Jarek Z (8th October 2021)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr1...VC9_hgQ/videos

Special stages aviables on Youtube

Liked 308 Times in 148 Posts
    I am disappointed they removed Galdar. Now all the stages are pretty similar. Also I have an impression that year after year the shakedown is worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom K View Post
    I am disappointed they removed Galdar. Now all the stages are pretty similar. Also I have an impression that year after year the shakedown is worse.
    I agree with your statement about Galdar and Shakedown.

Galdar is a spectacular stage in downhill. The shakedown looks like quite straight.

By the other hand, TC2 and TC4 had not been held for a long time. Both of them, are selective stages.

Regards.

In Gran Canaria, we assume that this year's entry will be considerably lower in quality and quantity than last year, when we had 40 R5 in the rally.

How many foreign drivers with R5/Rally 2 could we have this year?

Thanks.

Liked 308 Times in 148 Posts
    No Mikkelsen, no Cais, no Gryazin (probably). Lukyanuk is a question mark.

Yes, Santa Lucia is back - very nice stage.

I am gonna to attend for the sixth year in a row. Love this place! Please, let us know, when the location of pre-event test will be known.

8. Likes: tommeke_B (25th October 2021)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom K View Post
    No Mikkelsen, no Cais, no Gryazin (probably). Lukyanuk is a question mark.

Yes, Santa Lucia is back - very nice stage.

I am gonna to attend for the sixth year in a row. Love this place! Please, let us know, when the location of pre-event test will be known.
    Wellcome again to Gran Canaria !!! The island known as "Miniature Continent"

It is a pity,I thought Cais came to Gran Canaria.

I wish Gryazin, Luky and many more good drivers will come here.

As far as I know, the tests will be mainly in Artenara (like in 2017, 2018 and 2019) on Tuesday, day 16.

Here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bjc-x8ICC4M
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Myth3cABCXw
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5suBGpkoO6o

Greetings

Enjoy your stay here.

10. Likes: Tom K (1st November 2021)
    Liked 298 Times in 114 Posts
    Ken Torn (Fiesta Rally3)
    Sami Pajari (Fiesta Rally4)
    JB Franceshi (Clio Rally4)
    Javier Pardo (Swift Rally2-kit)
    Joan Vinyes (Swift Rally2-kit)

They have confirmed their presence

Enviado desde mi MI 8 Lite mediante Tapatalk

12. Likes: Jarek Z (2nd November 2021)
    Liked 298 Times in 114 Posts
    Tibor Erdi Jr (Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X)
    Dariusz Polonski (Abarth 124 Rally)

Enviado desde mi MI 8 Lite mediante Tapatalk

14. Likes: Jarek Z (2nd November 2021)
    Liked 3,776 Times in 1,679 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 106 sport View Post
    In Gran Canaria, we assume that this year's entry will be considerably lower in quality and quantity than last year, when we had 40 R5 in the rally.

How many foreign drivers with R5/Rally 2 could we have this year?

Thanks.
    Yes, quality and quantity will be definitely lower. Date clash with Monza, final dates for rounds in some national championships in same time (or +- one week)... So for sure no Mikkelsen, no Cais, no Gryazin, no Herczig, no Tempestini...