Page 2 of 132 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    No offense to the Swedish and Finnish organizers, but that parking fee is nearly as good as robbery. Especially for road side parking.
    I've explained this earlier too, but consider those parking fees more as road tolls than service fees. Those are in many cases for private roads, owned by a handful of people who pay for maintaining those roads. When all of a sudden in many cases dozens or even hundreds of cars storm in, they leave a mark and in my sense of justice, it should be payed by the spectators (or by the organizers and then eventually by the spectators). So if there wouldn't be a parking fee, it'd be a robbery in my opinion.
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

Liked 1,090 Times in 488 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartusvuori View Post
    I've explained this earlier too, but consider those parking fees more as road tolls than service fees. Those are in many cases for private roads, owned by a handful of people who pay for maintaining those roads. When all of a sudden in many cases dozens or even hundreds of cars storm in, they leave a mark and in my sense of justice, it should be payed by the spectators (or by the organizers and then eventually by the spectators). So if there wouldn't be a parking fee, it'd be a robbery in my opinion.
    I'm not against parking fee. I think the fee they ask for roadside parking is too high, where the damage to the road is minimal. With field parking I've got no problems.

Let's say an average road side parking area is 1500 m. Average car length 5m and extra 2m for manuevering, making it 7m per car. 214 cars fit onto a 1500m strip. Let's say the stage is run twice and 60% of the cars leave and equal amount replaces them. 342 cars would pay a fee of 5 Euros, generating revenue of 1710 Euros.
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

Liked 2,832 Times in 1,606 Posts
    Many times the fees gets right into a local association of any kind, which gives them a well longed-for sum of money to spend on youth or equippment which they else never could afford. That happens in Finland on NORF and I know it is the way it happens in Sweden as well. So then what is 5 Euros even if have to park a few times...?
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

4. Likes: Micke_VOC (2nd January 2015)
    Liked 38 Times in 19 Posts
    5€ is nothing! Pay and be happy!
    @OnlyRally

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    I find the lack of panic about the snow from the less gifted (mentally) forum members disturbing.... what happed a glacier moved to Sweden ?

Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    I find the lack of panic about the snow from the less gifted (mentally) forum members disturbing.... what happed a glacier moved to Sweden ?
    Please don't wake them...

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    What? There is no snow in Sweden, OMG. No worries we just passed the end of the world in the end of 2012, and there is the global warming too, ai-ai-ai...
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 40 Times in 12 Posts
    We were a bit surprised at having to pay for parking last year, on top of the Rally Pass it does add up when paying at every car park when you're on a budget. Regardless of the 'damage' to the roads, which is probably minimal, it does amount to daylight robbery from a visitor's point of view.
    Last edited by Fly_Half; 29th December 2014 at 22:17.
    https://www.facebook.com/BritishRallyMedia/

10. Likes: AndyRAC (29th December 2014)
    Liked 1,244 Times in 676 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway View Post
    Rally Sweden organizer having difficulties getting it all together since the rally has to be 2 1/2 days, they wanted to run 4 days.
    Running on dispensations since the SS Km only is 21 % not the 25% as it should be.

So will all rallies be in this format next year then?
    I big shame as it restricts the organizers too much, Finland this year was sooo good!

I think it's a waste of the spectators time, why not run a full sunday?

http://www.vf.se/sport/bilsport/sa-b...ka-rallyt-2015
    WRC events are far too restrictive. Let them run 4 days. What's the problem? Run 2 days, why not?

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OnlyRally View Post
    5€ is nothing! Pay and be happy!
    And you were wondering why rally is more popular in Estonia? Get real, roadside parking and asking 5 eur for it is clear robbery. Damage to the road, especially during the winter, is zero. Noone prohibits you to organize some catering or selling some nice products on your own land during the rally and collect some money for whatever organization. It is just lack of will. I really enjoyed non-official catering points in Rally Estonia:-) You just need to work more but people are happy to pay much more as well. It gives a special flavor to your day.
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

13. Likes: EstWRC (30th December 2014),Jeppe (30th December 2014),tommeke_B (13th January 2015)