Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    Very sad indeed..I guess not even the race winners are feeling that happy tonight. Atleast he is now stable, so let us hope for the best.
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

2. Likes: Mark (5th October 2014)
    Liked 1,082 Times in 604 Posts
    I hope he is going to be okay. My thoughts are with him and his family.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

4. Likes: Duncan (6th October 2014)
    Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Formula 1 has done a lot of work in the past 20 years on improving safety for the drivers, but it has also been very lucky.

I think that this was a freak accident and its luck ran out.

The news seems to be better than was anticipated in the immediate aftermath of the accident.

Hopefully Jules will make a full recovery.

Liked 352 Times in 184 Posts
    According to French newspapers Bianchi has suffered another cerebral haemorrhage after the surgery and now has to be given artificial respiration ...

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    Formula 1 has done a lot of work in the past 20 years on improving safety for the drivers, but it has also been very lucky.

I think that this was a freak accident and its luck ran out.
    A freak accident, yes, but not one that couldn't be foreseen.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/m...l-1570271.html
    It's something that Brundle mentions in his commentary every time he sees one of these vehicles in an exposed position. I'm sure something will be done about it now. Low-level guards fitted around the vehicles perhaps.
    I'm reminded of poor Maria de Villota as well; hers was also a freak accident, but also involved a vehicle with the wrong-sized space underneath.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Is it my dodgy memory or in the past did they not make more use of cranes to remove the cars? I wonder if the mini digger type vehicles is a cost saving thing?
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    Some places used cranes while others had these tractor type thingies - but yes pulling a car out of the track while not exposing the said vehicle/marshalls by using a crane behind the barriers should be the way forward. Or a SC at the very least and not just yellow flags at that corner.
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    I do think that F1 needs to do something about the safety car procedures when retrieving a car but I don't believe the safety car every time there is a car off is the solution either because it erodes any lead someone might have.

A better solution might be cranes but then what about the marshals? There has to be a better way of retrieving cars without putting anyone's life in jeopardy.

I really Hope Bianchi recovers from this. That is the most important thing right now.

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    The is video available of the incident. Do not search for it unless you really feel the need to see it. Some do, and I understand that. I needed to know more and I have seen it. What is clear is all the guards or rails or whatever around a tractor would be useless, it would just destroy a car in a different way. They have spent millions making the tracks and the cars safer, then jeopardize it all by allowing such vehicles to be on the wrong side of the barrier. It may be a minute chance of occurring, but the outcome I have just watched is unacceptable. A better way has to be found. As a side note, it is incredible we don't also have a bunch of dead marshalls.

Caution again if you want to watch the video, you cannot unsee it
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Banned
    Liked 152 Times in 123 Posts
    It looks like F1 has squashed all the video that's out there. I found four or fice of them, but they were all bland screens that say "This video contains content from Formula One Management, who has blocked it on copyright grounds."