Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
    Liked 50 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post
    er.... Don't they all have a Delta time now a days when the SC comes out, meaning they go at the same speed as cars behind the SC?

I think the days of cars being 100% speed trying to catch the SC are gone. Something does need doing about double waved yellows
    There is a delta but the cars are not at the same speed as the SC, otherwise they'd never catch up with it. The fact is currently even with half the grid going into the pits for a quick stop, the pack catches up with the SC within two laps or so which is pretty quick.

I agree about the electronic controls limiting drivers to a certain speed in double waved yellows although this raises some other questions. What do we do when someone has a problem like Rosberg at Singapore where half their electronics are knocked out including their limiters? Also we'll need some sort of flexibility and forewarning, having a double waved yellow straight after 130R or Eau Rouge would be a recipe for disaster so there would need to be several sectors which are speed limited, perhaps with a reducing speed limit as they get closer to the sector in question.

Banned
    Liked 152 Times in 123 Posts
    I am sure the technology exists for the FIA to trigger all the car's pit speed limiters by remote control. If there's a problem, hit the switch and it's safe for the crews to remove a vehicle or whatever, and when it's clear, let them go.

The not so evident benefits would be no time or laps lost to the safety car gathering up the field, so the crews can get to work and finished faster. That, and the FIA could restart the race at any point instead of making the field come around to the start/finish line. From a driver's standpoint, you would not lose any lead you had, but then again, if you were behind you wouldn't gain anything either.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malbec View Post
    There is a delta but the cars are not at the same speed as the SC, otherwise they'd never catch up with it.
    What a good point.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malbec View Post
    There is a delta but the cars are not at the same speed as the SC, otherwise they'd never catch up with it. The fact is currently even with half the grid going into the pits for a quick stop, the pack catches up with the SC within two laps or so which is pretty quick.
    They aren't at the same speed...but they're also not at the significant speed that Bianchi was.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

5. Likes: steveaki13 (20th October 2014)
    Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    Those who've visited thejudge13.com before might want to listen to our upcoming podcast (published on Thursday or early Friday). We'll have former F1 doctor Dr. Gary Hartstein as a guest and he'll give some insight into why the Bianchi accident was handled the way it was. I'll be on, too. On TJ13 I go by the name "Fat Hippo" - a less than subtle reference to my physique
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

7. Likes: Koz (21st October 2014),Tazio (21st October 2014)
    Junior Member Total_Hoon_Motorsport's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I am still in so much shock about this. The possibility of losing another driver's life so long after the late Ayrton Senna is terrifying. Yes, motorsport is dangerous, but to go so long since a death, and with so many crashes at much higher speeds happening now! It feels like it would be a step backwards. And what about closed cockpits? It would totally ruin the whole sport. Not to mention there is no material out there that would have withstood those forces pressed upon Bianchi. It would just smash up anyway.
    Motorsport is my passion, my life. Without motorsport I cease to exist

http://www.totalhoon.co.uk
    http://www.silversharkclothing.spreadshirt.co.uk

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Welcome aboard?
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Total_Hoon_Motorsport View Post
    I am still in so much shock about this. The possibility of losing another driver's life so long after the late Ayrton Senna is terrifying. Yes, motorsport is dangerous, but to go so long since a death, and with so many crashes at much higher speeds happening now! It feels like it would be a step backwards. And what about closed cockpits? It would totally ruin the whole sport. Not to mention there is no material out there that would have withstood those forces pressed upon Bianchi. It would just smash up anyway.
    I think the fact that there has been no fatality since Senna is to blame here partially. Drivers deluded themselves into a sense of invincibility. They already ignored double waved yellow at Hockenheim (The Sutil shunt). They did again in Suzuka. Just this time Jules paid the ultimate price...
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 20 Times in 9 Posts
    Why did organozers use so long to get Sutil car and tractor out of track. Very tragic outcome to their slow work.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    A Statement from the Bianchi Family | 19 November

Nice, France
    Wednesday 19 November 2014
    16.30hrs CET

The parents of Jules Bianchi, Philippe and Christine, would like to provide the following information regarding Jules’ medical care, by way of an update to the media and his fans.

“Almost seven weeks after Jules’ accident at Suzuka Circuit, and following a challenging period of neurological intensive care, we are able to announce that Jules has made an important step.

“Jules is no longer in the artificial coma in which he was placed shortly after the accident, however he is still unconscious. He is breathing unaided and his vital signs are stable, but his condition is still classified as ‘critical’. His treatment now enters a new phase concerned with the improvement of his brain function.

“Jules’ neurological condition remains stable. Although the situation continues to be serious, and may remain so, it was decided that Jules was sufficiently stable to be repatriated to his native France. We are relieved, therefore, to confirm that Jules was transferred aeromedically last night from the Mie Prefectural General Medical Center in Yokkaichi, Japan, to Le Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Nice (CHU), where he arrived just a short time ago. Jules is now in the intensive care unit of Professors Raucoules and Ichai, where his care will also be monitored by Professor Paquis, Head of Neurosurgery Service.

“We are thankful that the next phase of Jules’ treatment can continue close to home, where he can be surrounded and supported by his wider family and friends. We have nothing but praise for the outstanding care provided by the Mie Prefectural General Medical Center since the accident. We owe the medical staff there an enormous debt of gratitude for everything they have done for Jules, and also for our family, during what is a very difficult time for us. In particular, we would like to extend our thanks to Doctors Kamei and Yamamichi, and also to Mr Ogura, all part of the team of personnel caring for Jules in Japan.”

ends

Notes to Editors:

At this stage there are no plans for any media interviews, therefore the family kindly asks for the continued support of the media by requesting that they do not attend the hospital. It is important to the family that the rest of the hospital be allowed to function normally and that respect is shown for the other patients, their families and the hospital staff.

In line with the family’s commitment to the media since the time of Jules’ accident, all information will be issued unilaterally via press releases. The family remains committed to providing continued updates when appropriate.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums