Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tfp View Post
    If it was a side impact...
    Mika Salo said in MTV that it was straight impact and very heavy hit in his head.

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/formul...rivers-4382306

I just hope the freakin' guy aint already meat!!
    Last edited by Tazio; 5th October 2014 at 18:05.
    May the forza be with you

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    Been operated on, still critical
    United in diversity !!!

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    United in diversity !!!

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    According to the BBC he is out of surgery and breathing on his own now, which looks like a good sign to me. I really thought that we were going to hear some terrible news, but this latest report sounds positive given the circumstances.

6. Likes: N. Jones (6th October 2014)
    Banned
    Liked 152 Times in 123 Posts
    The way everyone was acting I figured it was already over. It's great news he is breathing on his own. That's a very encouraging sign, though there's still a long way to go. Like I said on another thread, let's hope and pray for the best.

8. Likes: N. Jones (6th October 2014)
    Banned
    Liked 152 Times in 123 Posts
    I just saw a photo of the car. The driver's compartment held up very well and probably saved Jules' life, but the rest of the car is utterly trashed.

Here's a Motorsports.com article that has a link to the picture........ http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/bi...g-crash-emerge

I feel better about the whole thing because the photo shows Jules probably didn't get any other injuries that could complicate his recovery. The head injury is bad enough.

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
    I just saw a photo of the car. The driver's compartment held up very well and probably saved Jules' life, but the rest of the car is utterly trashed.

Here's a Motorsports.com article that has a link to the picture........ http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/bi...g-crash-emerge

I feel better about the whole thing because the photo shows Jules probably didn't get any other injuries that could complicate his recovery. The head injury is bad enough.

It's quite a relief to read that article, and to see the photograph linked within the text. From the description, and a look at that photograph, it appears that the car wasn't able to go right underneath the rear of that recovery tractor/loader, and due to the slope of its rear overhang, combined with the width of the car's side pod, it helped keep Bianchi's crash helmet from making too great a contact.

They are describing "minor yet visible damage to the left side of Bianchi's helmet" and "some level of subdural hematoma", so if that level isn't a serious one, there is every chance he will make a full recovery from this. Fingers crossed for some good news in the coming days.

11. Likes: N. Jones (6th October 2014)
    Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    Rosberg, Button, and Fred on the podium
    Well one out of three isn't bad, and Button was close. Stupid Ferrari robbed Fred any chance at a podium.

Except for the Bianchi incident, a very good wet race IMO.

Button rolled the dice on strategy and ended up doing good. I think his smooth style and willingness to change early paid off for him. But as F1 goes being smooth and not too fast might not get him a contract for next year.

Great to see Seb put together a podium and beat Ricciardo for a change. I'm still wondering if he is going to regret moving to Ferrari, but at least he showed he will fight for positions in his remaining races at RB. Those passed both him and Daniel put on the Williams cars showed just how well the RB handled with that wet setup. It looked almost like dry weather driving, with them just choosing strange lines and driving around the Williams drivers.

Donkey Ferrari.... what can you say.

As for the conspiracy theories surrounding Rosberg after he got punked by Lewis, great for a laugh. After the question on the radio Nico stated he was "flat out" and Lewis was having no trouble catching him. The fact is, Nico got beat on track. Again. Nothing new to see there folks.

As for all the negative stuff about the race starting late, and with the safety car, the whole picture has to be looked at, not just the track at the second. Too much rain slows the safety and medical cars, and if there is bad weather between the track and the nearest major medical facility, it might also keep the medical chopper from flying someone to the hospital. I want to see a race too, but after the accident today maybe we should all consider how such things might have slowed helping someone, and none of us want to see that.

Jules remains in critical condition. After looking at photos, it appears the brain damage was the result of the impacts, not impacts directly to his head. But in any case, it appears to have been a very hard hit. This is racing, and it's got much safer, but it can only be but so safe. I hope Jules pulls through.

Liked 58 Times in 27 Posts
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v62763_d2HE

fun cam video of the crash. pretty bad