Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627
    Liked 41 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by andyone View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v62763_d2HE

fan cam video of the crash. pretty bad

A green flag is being waved above the truck...

The track layout may have meant that that particular green flag was appropriate but I can't see how it ever could be when there is a salvage going on under it. Sad.

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Whyzars View Post
    A green flag is being waved above the truck...

The track layout may have meant that that particular green flag was appropriate but I can't see how it ever could be when there is a salvage going on under it. Sad.
    That marshall had been waving a yellow earlier. When the tractor had receded back past the marshall post that post is past the danger area and it is reasonable to change back to a green. The yellow flag zone still included the lead up to, and the entire crash zone. Where the marshall was waving a green there was no personnel or vehicle track side of the barriers, so racing can continue from that point. It's not like a green light in the distance on a normal road, that green flag demarcates the area and only applies once you have passed it. The real question is why was that vehicle track side, with marshalls, on the outside of a wet corner without safety car coverage.
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.