Carl Edwards
    Kyle Busch
    Denny Hamlin
    Kasey Kahne
    Matt Kenseth
    Ryan Newman

My choices:
    Carl Edwards (He drives for Rousch)
    Dale Earnhardt, Jr. (He was going great guns earlier this year, but he seems to have faded a bit. It's a shame, he would be a big story in the next round.)
    Denny Hamlin (I don't think he can take the pressure)
    Ryan Newman (I don't think he has the team to progress further)

I'm sorry that I'll be missing the 2nd and 3rd race in The Contender Round. I'll see next weeks race in Kansas, but I'll be in Ireland when the Charlotte race is run and in Scotland when the Talladega race is run. I'll have to see how things turned out when I get back as I don't intend to check since I intend to be neck deep in Guinness and haggis.
    Last edited by Brierley; 29th September 2014 at 04:04.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well, I'm back from Ireland and Scotland, and in spite of what sounds like a spectacular event at Charlotte and a good event in Talladega, with the truly surprising fact that 3 of the 4 Hendrick were eliminated from the championship race, this place is still as dead as a hammer. No need to stay here talking to myself, so fare well one and all, I think I can talk to myself about how much I'm enjoying this season without wasting bandwidth here.

Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    Of the guys left, I'd prefer to see Newman get. 1) I didn't think he'd ever win one. 2) By rights, he should've won in 03.

Funny that. He won like 8 race in 03, and was outside the t5 in the series. Kenseth won one, and won it. Because everyone the got sand in their vagina over it, they started the initial form of "The Chase". I would be funny now, if a guy won a series without winning a race. At least to me it would.