Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

2014 Asian Le Mans Series

Hi guys, any peeps here does catch up with Asian Le Mans Series?
    "It's not bout the machine.. It's bout the NUTS behind the wheel.."

"If you're Racing just to participate, you might as well Quit!!"

Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    I'm going to say "No". But having been prompted to look up the series from your op. It seems like a decent series. Not too big, not too small.

How does this series fit in Asian motorsport? Is there a rivalry with Super GT of some kind?

As someone who is selfish and like to see the WEC here. This series would be a good compromise. Should be called Asia-Pacific LM Series, and have a race here. Preferably at Phillip Island.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by journeyman racer View Post
    It seems like a decent series. Not too big, not too small.
    You must have not seen any of the race results from this series...
    It's a good concept, but when the entire field is 6-9 cars split between 3 classes... It can't hold my interest.
    Their season opener this year in Korea did start only 6 cars...
    It's a good concept, but worthless without any cars showing up at the races. Would be nice if they could grow this into something, but with only 8 cars entered for this weekends 6 hours of Shanghai, it doesn't look good...

Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by toledo47 View Post
    You must have not seen any of the race results from this series...
    I have to admit I didn't.

It's a good concept,
    I think this is what I was meaning to say. I this region (including Australia and New Zealand), it'd be a great addition if it got going. An international class for drivers to aspire to, without the difficulties when attempting a career in Europe or America. Another big class for fans to follow that is relevant, because it's where they live.

but when the entire field is 6-9 cars split between 3 classes... It can't hold my interest.
    Their season opener this year in Korea did start only 6 cars...
    It's a good concept, but worthless without any cars showing up at the races. Would be nice if they could grow this into something, but with only 8 cars entered for this weekends 6 hours of Shanghai, it doesn't look good...
    You're right. But I've attended many race meetings where there have been around 9 cars in some races. Including twice in the last month. So I'd go. Especially if it was at Phillip Island.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by journeyman racer View Post
    But I've attended many race meetings where there have been around 9 cars in some races. Including twice in the last month.
    Eh, IMO 9 cars is kinda rough even if its just 1 class, split between 3 classes is unacceptable for myself (not that the Asian Le Mans Series event gets as many as 9 cars regularly....) . I do really hope they can grow this series, and it would be cool to see it expand into places like Australia & New Zealand, but they have gotta get those grid counts up. Hopefully they can keep it going until it gets bigger, but I think its more likely that the series will just die off in a year or 2...
    I'm at races in the US/Canada almost every weekend, and i'm planning on studying overseas in Japan for 2 years starting next year, so finding some international championships that race in Japan is interesting for me. The only domestic series they have that i'm interested in is Super GT. They get F1, WTCC and WEC. I was very excited when I found out about this Asian Le Mans Series until i saw the results.. Loved going to American Le Mans Series races, was hoping the Asian Le Mans Series would be just like that
    Last edited by toledo47; 13th October 2014 at 21:19.

6. Likes: journeyman racer (19th October 2014)
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    ACO is officially taking over the series next year and they are looking to grow more grids. Next year 1st race would be in Oct 2015.
    "It's not bout the machine.. It's bout the NUTS behind the wheel.."

"If you're Racing just to participate, you might as well Quit!!"