Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post
    So you believe Hamilton will leave Mercedes for 2015?
    Yes
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 669 Times in 467 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster View Post
    So you expected that Nico hits trouble whenever he opens more than a 20 point lead? He got lucky in AUS and then 'suddenly' delivers four lacklustre races. He opens a 20+ gap again and has a box full o' neutrals in Silverstone. Another 20 point gap after Spa, deliberately chucks the race win as per instruction (confirmed by two different sources within Mercedes) and now the car breaks catastrophically by being in parc fermé over night. Yeah, all just coincidence.
    They want Lewis to win this year, get rid of him in favor of a cheaper driver afterwards. Most likely Wehrlein going to take his spot and the two trade union chaps on the board will be happy.

Some people think man never went to the moon too.

I think the same thing I thought when Webbers RB had a lot more issues than Sebastians did. Bad luck, crew issues, etc. Not conspiracy theories. Every time both cars are together, Lewis wins on track. Other than the cut tire which IMO was as least partially Lewis' fault, he's the better driver on track.

The only way I see Lewis not being on the team next year is if McLaren come up with enough Honda money to make him think the grass will be greener over at that team.

Is there also a conspiracy theory attached to why Vettel beat Daniel this last race?

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter View Post
    Some people think man never went to the moon too.

I think the same thing I thought when Webbers RB had a lot more issues than Sebastians did. Bad luck, crew issues, etc. Not conspiracy theories. Every time both cars are together, Lewis wins on track. Other than the cut tire which IMO was as least partially Lewis' fault, he's the better driver on track.

The only way I see Lewis not being on the team next year is if McLaren come up with enough Honda money to make him think the grass will be greener over at that team.

Is there also a conspiracy theory attached to why Vettel beat Daniel this last race?
    Yeah, to be honest, I can't see Lewis being anywhere other than Mercedes next year. For 2016 that might change alright.

It may be that Mercedes would rather Lewis win the championship now. What they really want is a marketable driver to be WDC and Nico isn't marketable now that everyone knows his true colors.

My donkey of the race would probably be Maldonado, just because he's always a donkey. No other donkey really springs to mind from this one.

I'd nominate the FIA for still not changing those ridiculous safety car rules of lapped cars having to unlap themselves before racing gets underway again. Fall to the back of the pack as Brundle says.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; 22nd September 2014 at 13:23.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Eddie Jordan. Is it just me or is he really annoying? And if you are going to do the podium interviews get your facts right! LH has led before so this isn't the first time. What an idiot.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eau Rouge View Post
    Eddie Jordan. Is it just me or is he really annoying? And if you are going to do the podium interviews get your facts right! LH has led before so this isn't the first time. What an idiot.
    He is really annoying. Really, really annoying. He is grand in BBC but every time I see him on the podium I just want to bate him out of his weird little pants

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Fall to the back of the pack as Brundle says.
    To sound like a smart guy I have always stated that ever since it first came in. I always felt either leave them there or let them stay lapped and fall to the tail of the snake. Its only ever 2 or 3 cars mostly so have them drive through the pits while the snake goes past.

Or even just fall to the back of the snake.

Instead we waste 3 racing laps
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

7. Likes: truefan72 (22nd September 2014)
    Banned
    Liked 152 Times in 123 Posts
    It may be that Mercedes would rather Lewis win the championship now. What they really want is a marketable driver to be WDC and Nico isn't marketable now that everyone knows his true colors.
    I understand your reasoning, but remember that Schumacher tried to crash Villeneuve, and even admitted it. No one seemed to care about that any more once he won the championship for Ferrari. Everyone was in love with the guy, and there was a legion of fans who defended his every dirty trick.

There was one time a guy (on this very forum) defended Schumacher swerving the whole width of the straight at Hakkkinen, pushing Mika onto the grass. Later the guy admitted he had not even seen the video. Some (if not even most) people make up their minds before they even know anything, and if Nico is champion, that's the way it will be for those people.

People don't care much if you torture kittens or eat baby ducks as long as you win. If Nico gets the championship, even if he crashes Lewis again to do it, there will be a hoard of people who will find a way to justify it and hail Nico as the next great thing.

Personally I think Nico would be a great champion (provided he wins by more points than he gained at Spa). The overwhelming majority of people don't even know what happened at Monoco or Spa, and
    probably don't even care. They just want a winner to cheer for. Nico will be very marketable, no matter how he accomplishes it.

My donkey of the race would probably be Maldonado, just because he's always a donkey.
    I'm betting he has clinched donkey of the year (if not decade) by now.
    Last edited by Doc Austin; 22nd September 2014 at 18:48.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    He is really annoying. Really, really annoying. He is grand in BBC but every time I see him on the podium I just want to bate him out of his weird little pants
    good to see not just me then. He was a little too full of it on the podium and embarrassing. But I think I have seen worse. Brundle and DC are ok.

Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter View Post

I think the same thing I thought when Webbers RB had a lot more issues than Sebastians did.
    Did it?...Really?...Are you sure?... You might want to review that.

Liked 84 Times in 63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
    I understand your reasoning, but remember that Schumacher tried to crash Villeneuve, and even admitted it. No one seemed to care about that any more once he won the championship for Ferrari. Everyone was in love with the guy, and there was a legion of fans who defended his every dirty trick.

There was one time a guy (on this very forum) defended Schumacher swerving the whole width of the straight at Hakkkinen, pushing Mika onto the grass. Later the guy admitted he had not even seen the video. Some (if not even most) people make up their minds before they even know anything, and if Nico is champion, that's the way it will be for those people.
    Sure, but even though Schumacher drove dirty on more than one occasion (remember Monaco '06?) he had many, many instances of inspired brilliance. I have much the same feelings about Ayrton Senna (Suzuka 1990. I still remember watching that one live...). Ayrton's sometimes letting his competitive adrenalin getting in the way of clean driving was more than overcome by his incredible talent. Like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQgP9nugt5I

Nico just doesn't have any major "hero" moments to point to.