Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
    Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
    In the end, if Rosberg does not win the championship by more than the second place points he gained at Spa, critics can rightfully point to his slicing Hamilton's tire as the championship winning move.

Not so curiously, Rosberg went off again in qualifying this weekend, but there was none of the wild sawing back and forth on the wheel that we saw at Monaco. He went off at Hungary too (and some other place I can't remember), all without the dramatics. I think if people look at the offs and compare what Nico's hands are doing in each, the Monaco incident looks especially bizarre and even staged. After Spa I think all doubt has been removed that Nico planned to sail down the escape road at Monaco all along, and the wild hand motions were to make it look believable.

You know, Schumacher secures the 94 championship by taking out Damon Hill, and then Schumacher stalls the car on purpose in Monoco qualifying to bring out a yellow. Kind of makes you wonder what Nico might have picked up in his years as Schumacher's teammate.
    The stewards thoroughly examined all data both video and telemetry and found no reason to pursue any punitive action dukie.

The circumstances of Rosberg's last-lap incident were then placed under official investigation by the Monaco stewards but, after three hours of deliberation, it was deemed that the German should be permitted to start the race from the front of the field.
    'The stewards examined video and telemetry data from the team and FIA and could find no evidence of any offence related to the Turn 5 incident,' a statement declared.
    Sorry dukie!

Banned
    Liked 152 Times in 123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by journeyman racer View Post
    Comparing Rosberg's off in Singapore and Monaco. Is there an article for Tazio to dismantle with that one?
    No need for an article. Watch the video for yourself and make up your own mind. Unlike the way you try to jam your opinion up everyone's ass, I just present what I think and let people make up their own minds.

Nico regularly slides off in practice or qualifying, but none of it is ever as dramatic as the wild sawing of the wheel we saw at Monaco. If you don't find that a bit odd, you don't have any business calling anyone else a fanboy or accusing them of bias.

Broadly speaking, the preciousness of Hamilton fans is bizarre.
    It can never be about the subject matter with you people, can it? You can't just present your case and let it stand on it's own merits. You always have to take a shot at people because you can't stand it that anyone would dare disagree with you.

Perhaps it slipped past you that it is not 1939 any more.

How you can put that much emphasis on driving for a short period (qualifying) really is weird.
    At a place like Monaco, qualifying is just about everything. Even Steve Matchette and David Hobbs said as much. If you care to disagree with them, go for it.

Rational people will already know I bring this up because when Rosberg slides off, it is usually all very controlled and calm looking. Monaco featured a bunch of fake looking wheel jerking, almost like he was trying to be over dramatic in an attempt to sell the maneuver as a legitimate mistake. In subsequent offs, we have seen none of that. Anyone who does not find that a bit odd is not paying attention.

No wonder the WRC threads on this site, kick our arse for reasonable discussion.
    Except you are never part of any reasonable discussion, You always have to slight whomever you disagree with. Of course, you aren't alone in this respect. It's a shame because otherwise you offer up good points. They just sort of become irrelevant once you start taking personal shots at people.

Banned
    Liked 152 Times in 123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazio View Post
    Sorry dukie!
    There is nothing to be gained from engaging an insufferable douchebag like yourself. If you want to try a non personal debate, we can try it, but it always has to be personal with you. You're just a coward with a keyboard.
    Last edited by Doc Austin; 24th September 2014 at 18:03.