Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
    Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts

2014 Singapore Grand Prix Thread

So after Lewis Hamilton gave himself hope of the title again in Italy, we move on to Singapore.

I love this race despite many hating it. Its spectacle and bumpy circuit are a real site and in my opinion is one of the few new races I welcome.

Of course one threat we have yet to see under the lights is rain, and it is always a threat here.

So F1 season is moving on some, and onto Round 14.

1 Nico Rosberg Mercedes 238
    2 Lewis Hamilton Mercedes 216
    3 Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull 166
    4 Valterri Bottas Williams 122
    5 Fernando Alonso Ferrari 121
    6 Sebastian Vettel Red Bull 106
    7 Jenson Button Mclaren 72
    8 Nico Hulkenberg Force India 70
    9 Felipe Massa Williams 55
    10 Kimi Raikkonen Ferrari 41
    11 Sergio Perez Force India 39
    12 Kevin Magnussen Mclaren 38
    13 Jean Eric Vergne Toro Rosso 11
    14 Romain Grosjean Lotus 8
    15 Dani Kyvat Toro Rosso 8
    16 Jules Bianchi Marussia 2
    17 Adrian Sutil Sauber 0
    18 Marcus Ericcson Caterham 0
    19 Pastor Maldonado Lotus 0
    20 Esteban Gutierrez Sauber 0
    21 Max Chilton Marussia 0
    22 Kamui Kobayashi Caterham 0
    23 Andrea Lotterer Caterham 0

1 Mercedes 454
    2 Red Bull 272
    3 Williams 177
    4 Ferrari 162
    5 Mclaren 110
    6 Force India 109
    7 Toro Rosso 19
    8 Lotus 8
    9 Marussia 2
    10 Sauber 0
    11 Caterham 0

2014 Singapore GP

61 Laps

Lap Record: 1:45:599 - Kimi Raikkonen - Ferrari - 2008

Session Times - Local & (Uk -Sorry )

FP1: 18:00-19:30 - (11:00 - 12:30)
    FP 2: 21:30-23:00 -(14:30pm-16:00pm)

FP3: 18:00-19:00 - (11:00-12:00)
    Quali: 21:00 - (14:00)

Race: 20:00 - (13:00)

Previous Winners

2008: Fernando Alonso - Renault
    2009: Lewis Hamilton - Mclaren
    2010: Fernando Alonso - Ferrari
    2011: Sebastian Vettel - Red Bull
    2012: Sebastian Vettel - Red Bull
    2013: Sebastian Vettel - Red Bull

Multiple Winners
    Sebastian Vettel - 3 wins
    Fernando Alonso - 2 wins
    Lewis Hamilton - 1 win

*So Sebastian Vettel has won the last 3 Singapore races in a row. I think he may struggle to keep that record up. This however is a track where anything can happen and maybe Alonso could win his 3rd or Lewis can win his second race.

Red Bull - 3 wins
    Mclaren - 1 win
    Ferrari - 1 win
    Renault - 1 win

So there we go, not as many stats for this race, but it will certainly be a usual test for drivers and cars.

Interesting stat:

The longest on the 6 Grand Prix here so far is the 2012 race at 2:00:21.1 seconds while the shortest Grand Prix of the 6 is still a mammoth 1:56:06.3

So its going to be a long one.

Lets hope it is a spicy race that keeps the Championship fight on.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Banned
    Liked 152 Times in 123 Posts
    I like it that Red Bull seems to think they have a chance here, It would be great to see someone beat Mercedes in a straight fight.

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    Mechanical grip and acceleration and braking will be king here. RB might be closer to Merc here, but it's not like Monaco or Hungary, I don't think they have a great chance of winning, unless the Mercs self destruct again.
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    I think Mercedes will be the king of the streets here. It's going to be very hard for any other team to challenge them in a straight fight. I'd love it if RB were able to challenge Mercedes here and Nico Rosberg went out of the race with a car blowing up. Fingers crossed that will happen to the cheat.

5. Likes: andyone (18th September 2014)
    Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Mercedes is the car to beat on every single circuit this year, so unless they have issues, it should be 1-2.

Wish next year would have at least a bit more variety in performance trends, though I suspect 2015 could be 1993 like 2014 is 1992 - Mercedes will still have a significant advantage though maybe ever-so-slightly reduced.

There are not many performance fluctuations throughout the field this year. Perhaps Red Bull can get the better of Williams this time, as Williams seems relatively not so strong on streets, while Red Bull is relatively stronger. Other than that I don't foresee any major shocks. With only weather, crashes and unexpected safety cars having the ability to cause an upheaval.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    I think Mercedes will be the king of the streets here. It's going to be very hard for any other team to challenge them in a straight fight. I'd love it if RB were able to challenge Mercedes here and Nico Rosberg went out of the race with a car blowing up. Fingers crossed that will happen to the cheat.
    It reminds me a lot how Garry Walker was wishing that Vettel would crash or blow up every race. Some things never change in life, just the names change - now Rosberg instead of Vettel.
    Last edited by jens; 17th September 2014 at 11:06.

7. Likes: Tazio (17th September 2014)
    Banned
    Liked 152 Times in 123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens View Post
    It reminds me a lot how Garry Walker was wishing that Vettel would crash or blow up every race. Some things never change in life, just the names change - now Rosberg instead of Vettel.
    I'de like to see Rosberg not score any points just this one race. Then we would have a close championship again.

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Mercedes is the car to beat on every single circuit this year, so unless they have issues, it should be 1-2.

Wish next year would have at least a bit more variety in performance trends, though I suspect 2015 could be 1993 like 2014 is 1992 - Mercedes will still have a significant advantage though maybe ever-so-slightly reduced.

There are not many performance fluctuations throughout the field this year. Perhaps Red Bull can get the better of Williams this time, as Williams seems relatively not so strong on streets, while Red Bull is relatively stronger. Other than that I don't foresee any major shocks. With only weather, crashes and unexpected safety cars having the ability to cause an upheaval.
    I agree whole heartedly. Mercedes is the best car on every track this season. I actually think that Williams has a good fighting chance to beat Red Bull here. Singapore is probably the most fuel demanding circuit on the calander, and that is where Williams excels and RB lack. Plus the super soft and soft combo my help give Williams the traction they lack. Of course everyone will get better traction because of the same reason so that may just be a wash. It really is hard to say what Williams will do because it seems the car is sensitive to temperature and climate change,

TBN used to be such a sensible lad, but this rivalry with Britney has really got him chaufed. I'm going to go out on a limb here (for no good reason) and suggest TBN is actually Black, which really doesn't add up to a hill of beans in this crazy mixed up world.

I'm going to go out on an even flimsier limb ,with nothing to really back up this assertion as he generally struggles on street circuits, but I see another podium for Felipe Baby, he may be on a roll, and a race win is in the cards.

Podium:

1) Felipe Baby

2) The Boss

3) Fred

Nico DNF

Feel free to ridicule the bejezzus out of me
    Last edited by Tazio; 17th September 2014 at 16:46.

Yeah, there's always the villain. It makes it easier for Americans to follow anyway - good guy, bad guy

Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    TBN used to be such a sensible lad, but this rivalry with Britney has really got him chaufed. I'm going to go out on a limb here (for no good reason) and suggest TBN is actually Black, which really doesn't add up to a hill of beans in this crazy mixed up world.

I'm going to go out on a limb (with nothing to really back up this assertion as he generally struggles on street circuits but I see another podium for Felipe Baby, he may be on a roll, and the race win is in the cards.

Podium:

1) Felipe Baby

2) The Boss

3) Fred

Nico DNF

Feel free to ridicule the bejezzus out of me
    TBK not TBN. No, I'm not black

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    It makes it easier for Americans to follow anyway
    Fuck you asshole

13. Likes: journeyman racer (21st September 2014)