Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,444 Times in 828 Posts

Remembering Colin Mcrae

7 years on from his helicopter crash, may he rest in peace, and may Kris Meeke make him proud up there.

2. Likes: satnav (15th September 2014)
    Liked 98 Times in 52 Posts
    Cant believe he's gone,i m very sad
    R.I.P.Colin Mcrae

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex6Vufkr2l0 in case you haven't watched it..although i doubt it

R.I.P Colin, 8 years now...

6. Likes: christy but (15th September 2015)
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Good job Eli. WRC hugely misses a driver like McRae!
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    Good job Eli. WRC hugely misses a driver like McRae!
    As I am sure the wife and parents of the innocent people he killed show-boating miss them even more.

Good car driver but good people ought to have some restraint when others are involved.
    They did not ask to die.

Anybody ever bother to read the official crash investigation?
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Please janvanvurpa, let's not confuse personal griefs with McRae rally path and legacy.

Drivers with generous, flamboyant and risky driving styles like McRae, Vatanen, Toivonen or Solberg, will always provide those unique and unforgettable rushes that makes this sport fascinating and attracts so many fans around the world!

With nowadays faultless, almost robotic, driving styles, WRC is losing its magic and one or two McRae's would be highly welcome.

Thank you Colin, for moments like these! www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sAbQ5wRr0o
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    Please janvanvurpa, let's not confuse personal griefs with McRae rally path and legacy.

Drivers with generous, flamboyant and risky driving styles like McRae, Vatanen, Toivonen or Solberg, will always provide those unique and unforgettable rushes that makes this sport fascinating and attracts so many fans around the world!

With nowadays faultless, almost robotic, driving styles, WRC is losing its magic and one or two McRae's would be highly welcome.

Thank you Colin, for moments like these! www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sAbQ5wRr0o
    Yes I know he had a flamboyant style and i said he drove rally good, but a person can do things that overshadow and dilute other thiings..
    Maybe because I have lost friends in motorsport , maybe because I have children , but killing his neighbor, and the neighbor kid and his own son just to show off to them is a shame and it splashes shit all over whatever brief excitement I had watching him..

A person is not free from all judgement for eternity just because he drive a car excitingly--and McRae certainly did that。
    But that same flamboyance and indeed arrogance led to him killing 3 innocent people..people that knew him --who he did not have to show off for....and that lack of maturity, and arrognace that led to so many crashes in a NICE SAFE CAR---in a lightly built heliocopter, with zero safety gear, is nothing short of monstrous.

In a way its kind of like this guy Ogier. Yes he's quick and the best for now--by a tiny tiny almost immeasurable degree....but he is a whining, constantly complaining jerk--did you see his "what I do today is an amazing thing and all the teams know this blah blah"

So his person or personality what he does when not on a SS, his menschlichkeit
    sucks.

John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 124 Times in 64 Posts
    My Brother knew Colin when he drove for Ford. Nice guy, he drove cars - quite fast, in fact he won a World Championship, then he died through a lack of judgement.

My Brother knows Stig Blomqvuist (also from when he drove for Ford) nice guy, he drove cars - quite fast, in fact he won a World Championship, he isn't dead.

Why do we always remember the ones that die yet not the ones that live?

12. Likes: janvanvurpa (15th September 2016),pantealex (16th September 2015)
    Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grundo Farb View Post
    My Brother knew Colin when he drove for Ford. Nice guy, he drove cars - quite fast, in fact he won a World Championship, then he died through a lack of judgement.

My Brother knows Stig Blomqvuist (also from when he drove for Ford) nice guy, he drove cars - quite fast, in fact he won a World Championship, he isn't dead.

Why do we always remember the ones that die yet not the ones that live?
    Because people have short memories and the majority of McRae fans never saw Mikkola, Waldegaard, Blomqvist, Alen, Rohrl and Munari anyway.
    In an era where mechanical sympathy as well as extreme car control was necessary I feel C McR would have had a huge DNF list against his name.
    I wouldn't phrase my opinions as 'forthrightly' as JVV but people's achievements can never be viewed in isolation from their failings.
    I'm sure that Ogier and Loeb would have adapted to be successful had they lived in the 2wd era but it was a far more competitive time and neither would have dominated back then.
    Last edited by Mintexmemory; 16th September 2015 at 11:56.
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

14. Likes: janvanvurpa (15th September 2016),pantealex (16th September 2015)