Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post
    Aren't there going to be dramatic changes for 2017. This Yaris looks useless if so
    go complain to the finances manager of Toyota then... still nothing to do with 2015.

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    go complain to the finances manager of Toyota then... still nothing to do with 2015.
    , I don't have problems with this.
    Back to the thread anyway... Ogier in Hyundai will be a mistake for him I believe, it's not very reliable, and with the new model it might only get worse.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post
    , I don't have problems with this.
    Back to the thread anyway... Ogier in Hyundai will be a mistake for him I believe, it's not very reliable, and with the new model it might only get worse.
    Why mistake? You have the possibility to double your salary, you have already 2 WRC titles and you have the possibility to show that you are better than your past opponent by winning championships for different car Manufacturers. And now he has a wife and sooner or later children as well... rapid salary rise is needed :-P
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

4. Likes: A FONDO (15th September 2014),WRC1 (15th September 2014)
    친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluuford View Post
    Why mistake? You have the possibility to double your salary, you have already 2 WRC titles and you have the possibility to show that you are better than your past opponent by winning championships for different car Manufacturers. And now he has a wife and sooner or later children as well... rapid salary rise is needed :-P
    It is a mistake because you cannot win the championship... I do not think that Hyundai can offer him that much more money than VW. And that stupid thing about proving yourself is nonsense...you prove yourself by increasing your wins and championship titles, not by participating with an inferior car.

Liked 63 Times in 23 Posts
    Actually, Toyota Yaris testing MIGHT have something to do with 2015 after all. There are some rumors that a semi-official deal build around the Yaris might arise for 2015-16. Would most likely not be a full season effort, definitely not in 2015 at least. Why, you ask?

Well, there are clear indications that all is not dandy between Toyota HQ in Japan and Toyota Motorsport GmbH in Köln. The F1 program was a disappointment and Köln hasn't been able to deliver a Le Mans victory yet either. So the jury is still very much out concerning the rally program with TMG. There were already some machinations with Tommi Mäkinen Racing this summer...on a very high level.

So, might a semi-official effort be needed for the Köln team for 2015-16 to get Toyota fully commited to a 2017 and beyond factory effort with them? To show that the team is capable of delivering? To see whether the interest is there from the media etc.? To get competition experience? Toyota has also done similar things before, like the engine deal with Rebellion Racing in WEC before the official factory effort a year later. Impossible? Not at all. Likely? Not very...

My personal opinion: the semi-official deal will not happen, after all. But the possibility is there.

For the other teams, here's what I think.

Volkswagen

Would be very surprising to see Ogier leave, ditto Latvala - almost certain that there will be no changes here. Only possibility is if Ogier truly wants to chase the money and Hyundai makes a crazy offer...doubt it. Mikkelsen wants to stay too, but if any VW driver would leave it would be him. If Ogier and Latvala continue at VW beyond 2015 surely at least then it is time to move on for Mikkelsen - in couple of years he needs to be able to lead a team, that might never happen at VW. But 2015 is still ok for him at VW. Kubica was already looking for a VW for this season, there might be a possibility of that in 2015 (or not). Fourth car?

Hyundai

Neuville stays, he signed a long term contract with them last year. Hänninen prefers to stay, but would like to have a full season - as would probably Sordo. So one of them might leave, if a compromise can't be found. Paddon has been impressive and I think additional outings in the third car are on the cards for 2015. Atkinson will not return to the team, Bouffier might for some rounds (like Monte). Might Hyundai be interested about Mikkelsen? Possibly. Ostberg or Hirvonen? Not so much...

Citroën

Meeke will stay, Ostberg might not. If Citroën decides to get rid of Ostberg, there are couple of options. Mikkelsen might be one, but he would want to have a multi-year deal that Citroën currently might not be able to give to lure him out of VW. Matton was already last year trying to get Hänninen for some rounds before he was signed by Hyundai. If Hyundai doesn't want him, might be a decent option for Citroën - in my opinion, the best one if available. What about P. Solberg - well, would be a REALLY huge surprise for him to leave WRX now when he is on a verge of a title and has build a great team competing with RX powerhouse teams like MSE, with possible options for a factory deal in the future. And why would Citroën even want him? But, stranger things have happened... One thing is clear though - Citroën wants a more experienced driver, so rookies (like Chardonnet) are out of question. Al Qassimi will continue with the team for some rounds, like in 2014. Also, Citroën has already promised to field a car for Räikkönen if he leaves Ferrari/F1 early...

M-Sport

Future uncertain as always but M-Sport will continue and Evans will stay. Kubica might stay if he doesn't get a better deal from elsewhere. Hirvonen will not stay. There are many rumors for the second car. Tänak, if there is money. Novikov, if there is money. Sordo? Ostberg?. You know the deal. Protasov is looking for some kind of deal with M-Sport for 2015 but will probably be outside of the "main" team. Biggest problem is that the team would desperately need a main sponsor...one possibility is to have rotating drivers in the second/third car bringing money. Where might Hirvonen go? Retire, and/or get a cozy testing job with Toyota...(or maybe even a little bit more).
    Last edited by [WRCRR]; 15th September 2014 at 14:26.

7. Likes: stefanvv (15th September 2014)
    Quote Originally Posted by bluuford View Post
    I've been witness to greedy drivers before, it didn't do anything good. Since when You need millions for a wife and kid(s) (well it must depend on the wife I guess)

Quote Originally Posted by [WRCRR] View Post
    Well, there are clear indications that all is not dandy between Toyota HQ in Japan and Toyota Motorsport GmbH in Köln. The F1 program was a disappointment and Köln hasn't been able to deliver a Le Mans victory yet either. So the jury is still very much out concerning the rally program with TMG. There were already some machinations with Tommi Mäkinen Racing this summer...on a very high level.
    Yeah, it's difficult against AUDI in Le Mans. Peugeot already heavily crashed into that wall. But Toyota are doing better with the challenge I must admit, almost happened this year. F1 program I won't comment, clearly a mistake. But in Rally they have big traditions and probably there should concentrate their efforts, though it won't be easy against VW as well. I personally prefer Toyota before Hyundai, that is my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by [WRCRR] View Post
    So, might a semi-official effort be needed for the Köln team for 2015-16 to get Toyota fully commited to a 2017 and beyond factory effort with them? To show that the team is capable of delivering? To see whether the interest is there from the media etc.? To get competition experience? Toyota has also done similar things before, like the engine deal with Rebellion Racing in WEC before the official factory effort a year later. Impossible? Not at all. Likely? Not very...

My personal opinion: the semi-official deal will not happen, after all. But the possibility is there.
    There was something also with infamous Motorsport Italia earlier I think. So Toyota are definitelly interested in some semi-part deal as it seems. But then there are the fears of great failure undermining their bright future program from 2017 on. Anything is possible...

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Alastair Moffitt, Communications manager for TMG, was quoted in MotorsportMonday.com on 25 August as saying: "There is no indication from Japan that this model has any ultimate use in competition terms. The Yaris WRC will not be homologated". So, what is the object of this project?

MJW
    Jost Capito is pushing for evolutionary change in 2017 not radical tech changes. Capito also refered the FIA to their own decision to comit to a ten year life for the global race engine, 1.6litre direct injection turbo. Jost said any new (hybrid) engine in 2017 breaks the ten year stability agreement that allowed VW to comit.

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    And we all know that Jost almost runs the WRC....... Well not yet.....

I'd love to see Toyota back - but watching the videos of the Yaris testing; hmm, it's hardly jaw dropping is it? Shouldn't a WRCar leave you stunned?
    Last edited by AndyRAC; 15th September 2014 at 17:36.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???