Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rage82 View Post
    Lefebrve is very promising indeed but I think honestly to promote him in Citroen factory team is a little bit earlier. It will be better for him if he drives next season R5 machinery and learn all the rallies in the championship. As of Seb. Chardonnet I don't think he's fast enough to be in WRC car - just look his results this year.
    There's also the question for Citroën, about what is best... Having an extra WRC car, which may be more expensive itself. Or having an extra R5 car that's different to their other cars in service, and having to tackle all the reliability issues that may come with it?

2. Likes: pantealex (22nd September 2014)
    Liked 222 Times in 101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B View Post
    There's also the question for Citroën, about what is best... Having an extra WRC car, which may be more expensive itself. Or having an extra R5 car that's different to their other cars in service, and having to tackle all the reliability issues that may come with it?
    Good point about the extra WRC car, maybe Lefebvre can drive the car of Khalid when he is not participating?

MJW
    Quote Originally Posted by rage82 View Post
    Lefebrve is very promising indeed but I think honestly to promote him in Citroen factory team is a little bit earlier. It will be better for him if he drives next season R5 machinery and learn all the rallies in the championship. As of Seb. Chardonnet I don't think he's fast enough to be in WRC car - just look his results this year.
    I agree about Seb Chardonnet, I think ERC is his level. Lefebrve is my tip for the next superstar driver from France.

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    When Citroën put Ogier into the WRC car he had less behind him than Lefevbre. He won JWRC, true, but against whom? Prokop & co. Before that he has done only some two or three seasons in French Peugeot 206 XS cup. Lefevbre needs experience with WRC stages that's for sure but I don't think it's too early for him if they have money for an extra WRC car. If they don't it's too risky in my opinion to promote him into point-scoring driver.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 1,064 Times in 465 Posts
    What about Kevin Abbring? Why is he entered in Rallye de France by the Peugeot Rally Academy?

Matton said he would wait untill after France before he makes a decision about next year. Maybe it's a bit far fetched and yes I'm biased, but who knows?
    SimRace Vereniging Nederland
    www.srvn.nl

7. Likes: Mirek (24th September 2014)
    Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Agree, Abbring seems to be the best choice from young non-WRC drivers.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

9. Likes: makinen_fan (24th September 2014),tito_c (16th October 2014),tommeke_B (24th September 2014)
    Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Abbring is very good driver. I'd like to see him in WRC. I was impressed already when was driving Fabia S2000.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    Agree, Kevin is good and he also seems quite calm. I still think he should've been chosen instead of Mikelsen, but managers' affairs dictate things....

12. Likes: WRC1 (24th September 2014)
    Liked 222 Times in 101 Posts
    Yes, Abbring is indeed very fast and promising guy. Also he has some expirience with the WRC rallies having participated in JWRC and driving the Fabia s2000 for VW in 2012. Last but not the least he has proved already that he's a very fast learner when it comes to surface and type of car.

14. Likes: WRC1 (24th September 2014)
    Liked 15 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MJW View Post
    I agree about Seb Chardonnet, I think ERC is his level. Lefebrve is my tip for the next superstar driver from France.
    IMO the next French "superstar driver" like you said will be Eric Camilli. He won in 2012 Rallye Jeune, the selection of FFSA (french motorsport federation), last year he did 5 round of French championship in DS3 R1 and 2 round in DS3 R3. In rallye du Var he finished 2nd afer a huge battle with Cédric Robert. This year he discovered gravel in 208 Cup and each times he was fighting for victory. In Limousin (tarmac) he beats Lefebvre. He had to stop the 208 because he has too many technical problems but he was the fastest. In Rallye d'Antibes he discovered the 207S200, he was 3rd before problems very close of Bouffier and Maurin. In Germany he discovered a new codriver and the stages and he was leading before crash. This man is very impressive.

You have also Rossel, he won Rallye Jeune last year, for his first year in rallying he will probably win the french junior championship.
    The both will do the rallye de France in Junior WRC with the support of FFSA.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/tofrallye29 - https://twitter.com/Tofrallye29

16. Likes: Mirek (27th September 2014)