Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
    Liked 657 Times in 352 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    I think it has to do more with the fact that the car manufacturers that are involved in rallying have as a target market the european nations to sell their cars...
    Interesting claim given that only Citroen has strong Eurocentrism in their operations. VW is worlds biggest manufacturer of cars, Hyundai is from Asia and Ford is synonym for global automotive company. Though, it can be argued that they may be present in WRC to promote their products in Europe but that would be interesting claim as European car market has been on decline, having only recently turned back to positive track. Then again, most of the WRC rounds are in Europe.

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    I think that N.O.T is basically right. The WRC activities of all those brands are in my opinion primarily focused on Europe. That's especially true in case of Hyundai. In my opinion the only reason why they chose WRC is that all their main rivals on European market are there - VAG, Ford and PSA. Battling or even beating them can rise the brand's prestige to a new heights and frankly the conservative western European market is a lot about prestige.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 11 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nafpaktos View Post
    I don't get you.you are fast you take a chance,it's that simple.i don't think non european drivers were fast but they didn't take chance,if I am wrong please name a few drivers.
    I think there may be a "lost in translation" thing going on here.

What I was saying is drivers like Tanak go fast from the outset, and retire from the top 4 on events because they overdrive or chuck it off the road. They get the attention.

Others who don't have the benefit of being bank rolled choose where to go fast when the car feels like it will be fast. They set a fastest stage time or two, then get to the finish if the car doesn't seem to be suiting their style.

I suppose that its easier to teach someone to slow down, then it is to speed up.

I'm sure that given the opportunity there are people quicker then Ogier out there (as impossible as that may seem). They may not even have heard of rallying. After all there are 5 billion people in the world and less then 1% of them with the funds required to even get into rallying in the first place. Just food for thought.
    Sideways for life

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDA Cosworth View Post
    I'm sure that given the opportunity there are people quicker then Ogier out there (as impossible as that may seem). They may not even have heard of rallying. After all there are 5 billion people in the world and less then 1% of them with the funds required to even get into rallying in the first place. Just food for thought.
    well you can expand this thought to every profession imaginable... it doesn't mean anything.

Liked 1,093 Times in 491 Posts
    I think there may be a "lost in translation" thing going on here.

What I was saying is drivers like Tanak go fast from the outset, and retire from the top 4 on events because they overdrive or chuck it off the road. They get the attention.

Others who don't have the benefit of being bank rolled choose where to go fast when the car feels like it will be fast. They set a fastest stage time or two, then get to the finish if the car doesn't seem to be suiting their style.

I suppose that its easier to teach someone to slow down, then it is to speed up.

With a few fastest stage times the attention you can generate is quite small, unless you dominate with a clearly inferior car.

And a small update on the world population. We've already passed the seven billion mark
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

6. Likes: cali (24th November 2014)
    Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    stop posting lies...
    Well so far he's doing 1/1 at Monte. Perhaps you could bring your arrogance down a notch?
    2nd place in the big quizz challenge!

8. Likes: dodge33cymru (24th November 2014),skarderud (24th November 2014)
    Liked 207 Times in 129 Posts

True but irrelevant to our conversation.also a boy from an isolated place in Africa could have been better than messi if he knew what football is,what's the meaning of these kind of thoughts
    fb page
    bring back acropolis rally to wrc calendar

친애하는 지도자
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfa Fan View Post
    Well so far he's doing 1/1 at Monte. Perhaps you could bring your arrogance down a notch?
    perhaps you can find something else to bother with now that the ladyboy cup you are a fan of is over...

he talked about all tarmac rounds... Loeb and monte was known before. Check his lies about the driver transfers as well since you follow.

Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Loeb maybe found out that going round in circles wasn´t that fun it seemed?
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

친애하는 지도자
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    Loeb maybe found out that going round in circles wasn´t that fun it seemed?
    he was always doing track events, he just wants to have fun in a rally car once again.