Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Liked 21 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory View Post
    No because he is the certainty at M-Sport
    Now if you read between the lines Citroen would like a French guy in the second car but I presume that Bouffier has some kind of Hyundai contract so their choice is between Chardonnet and Lefebvre (who was very spectacular at WRGB)
    Possibly they get 6 rallies each with Loeb in for the Monte
    Matton has said many times it's too early to see Lefebvre or Chardonnet in WRC...

If that happens that would mean they totally screwed up with Ostberg and they had no choice...

I think Ostberg for the whole season is the only choice... Ok he has not a big potential and I don't think he's able to do a lot more but he guarantees a good amount of point for manufacturer's championship. He won't race for the victory as Meeke could do but he's able to score more points than him again...
    But it's aslo necessary to prepare a young driver such as Paddon, a young French etc. to have someone who could become fastly more interresting for the team than a limited Ostberg...

Because Kubica it's not bad for communication but it's also ridiculous as an officiel driver in terms of points he can get.

2. Likes: Mintexmemory (22nd November 2014),N.O.T (20th November 2014)
    Liked 827 Times in 374 Posts
    For Lefebvre is indeed too fast. Chardo I dont think he has it to be a top contender. For me Abbring would be the right choice but yeah.. And Bouffier even if he has a contract he is not WRC material.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

4. Likes: JTGANG (20th November 2014),Mintexmemory (22nd November 2014)
    Liked 61 Times in 38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron View Post

Because Kubica it's not bad for communication but it's also ridiculous as an officiel driver in terms of points he can get.

It's more ridiculous to say now what will happen in next season and to say that he will be still crashing. This year he had very freedom deal with his sponsor that allowed him to drive and getting experience how he wanted. He is professional and when he have to do certain job he is doing it, like he did in WRC2 where he had target from Citroen to claim title.

This season he had no goal for collecting points or something. He don't needed to do points for M-Sport, and he said that many times. It was all about getting experience on new stages, conditions driving fast.

Really ppl are sometimes too harsh. He was driving most of rallies and stages for the first time compared to other guys ho did this many years , many times...

And really someone like Yves Matton I think is a lot more experienced and knows more how to judge drivers than people on forum behind monitors.
    Last edited by Quad; 20th November 2014 at 12:29.

6. Likes: Doon (20th November 2014),maciotacio (21st November 2014)
    Liked 5,569 Times in 2,301 Posts
    Bouffier is good driver. If instead Brian, the first name was Sebastien or Thierry some team had bet on it. is difficult when you are jumping from car to car and champ to champ.

I don't exclude Hänninen. I like him, he is fast. Need have a good deal because the pressure of show results on one rally for months is not good.

Liked 178 Times in 78 Posts
    Ostberg has nothing left to offer. Ok, he can pick points for 5th or 6th on most events, but Sweden is probably the only event that he can challenge for a podium on raw pace. Why would a team like Citroen be content with this? Better to risk it on someone who is progressing, like Paddon or even Kubica to some extent.

Quote Originally Posted by Quad View Post
    It's more ridiculous to say now what will happen in next season and to say that he will be still crashing. This year he had very freedom deal with his sponsor that allowed him to drive and getting experience how he wanted. He is professional and when he have to do certain job he is doing it, like he did in WRC2 where he had target from Citroen to claim title.

This season he had no goal for collecting points or something. He don't needed to do points for M-Sport, and he said that many times. It was all about getting experience on new stages, conditions driving fast.

Really ppl are sometimes too harsh. He was driving most of rallies and stages for the first time compared to other guys ho did this many years , many times...

And really someone like Yves Matton I think is a lot more experienced and knows more how to judge drivers than people on forum behind monitors.
    I don't say Kubica will do the same season next year...

But seriously 14 points in 13 rounds do you realize? He can progress, he may crash less but he won't become in one year a consistant driver who he's able to finish every events... I'm sure he won't score half of Ostberg's points and I'm sure Matton thinks so. But unfortunately, this choice isn't all about sport, but also communication, marketing etc.

There's few official drivers in WRC with only 4 manufacturers. It would be a non-sense to give one of this 9 or 10 official seats to someone who has scored only 14 points in 13 rounds and that crashed a lot (even if it was with its own team and only about getting experience, and I don't think Kubica wanted to crash on the France's Power Stage where he could get 4th place... ) For me there are many drivers who deserves most an official seat in WRC than Kubica

And this in not non-respect to Kubica, I think he's really fast, and I'm really impressed by his speed with his hand problem. It's a really spectacular driver and it's really good to have a star like him in WRC but objectively, he doesn't deserve that official seat at all...

And I would rather prefer that Citroen gives a chance to another driver that can't afford a full year as privateer in WRC such as Kubica...

10. Likes: A FONDO (20th November 2014)
    Liked 798 Times in 380 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doon View Post
    Ostberg has nothing left to offer. Ok, he can pick points for 5th or 6th on most events, but Sweden is probably the only event that he can challenge for a podium on raw pace. Why would a team like Citroen be content with this? Better to risk it on someone who is progressing, like Paddon or even Kubica to some extent.
    i tend to disagree.

his problem is/was that he started to drive the ds like he drived the fiesta, and tried to adjust the car that it suited his drivingstyle.
    way to late he admitted that he had to change his drivingstyle to suit the car instead, and last part of the season showed some of his real speed.
    he wasnt worse than expected on tarmac, and i portugal gravel and in wales he was on pair.
    i actually think he has done some big steps on tarmac this year.
    so i hope he get the change to show what he really is able to do now that he learned the car, himself and the team
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

12. Likes: Fly (21st November 2014),Sch17 (21st November 2014)
    Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
    Kubica and Lotos vs Total ???
    WRC2 for Prokop ?

Quote Originally Posted by Doon View Post
    Have u seen Rally GB? Because Ostberg had the pace for the podium... After stage 11, he was on the same pace than Hivonen and Meeke for the second place and then he had some issues...

He had 4 podiums this year and he's able to it again in 2015, I don't think Paddon or Kubica are able to do this?

Kubica maybe one on tarmac... Paddon has still a lot to learn... Ostberg is still the best short-term choice... Paddon may be a better mid-term choice

I know that I'm dreaming and that won't happen but Ostberg 2nd driver and Paddon 3rd driver would be great. And as soon as Paddon is faster than Ostberg then Citroen puts him 2nd driver and dismisses Ostberg... (and Kubica as privateer, and if he become more reliable, you can choose it as an official for some tarmac rounds).... But this would be a lot of money for a team that prefers put money on WTCC

Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    Would be a smart (cheaper) move for Prokop to do WRC2 but rather see him in WRC
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"