Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Team radio ban

Banned
    Liked 152 Times in 123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N4D13 View Post
    Yet at the end of the day, if you allow having information on the pitboards, you could end up with technical information being passed on to the drivers (e.g., use this or that engine map or watch your tyre deg). Not that I'm against the change that you are proposing, but remember that this was not the FIA's intention.
    The FIA would have to police what's put on the pit boards. That would still probably lead to teams using code.

Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
    Who cares if the engineers are talking to the drivers!? This ban is about as sensible as the whole artificial sparks nonsense they think will 'spice up the show'. Bloody morons.
    Forza Ferrari!!

3. Likes: steveaki13 (14th September 2014),Tazio (14th September 2014)
    Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Well stated Hawk! We/They can't have it both ways. F1 either goes back to internal combustion engines (exclusively) without a fuel limit, or continue on with complex PU's, that include fuel saving strategy due to fuel limitations. Add to that the factors of changing conditions, and situations during the race, and it is a huge benefit for these guys to be advised. I'm not so crazy about the "where am I losing time" type of conversation, but I' pretty sure we are not going back to the way it was. This change is not something that should even be considered during the course of the season, so they should just let this one play out in spite of their greedy paranoia.

5. Likes: truefan72 (15th September 2014)
    Liked 14 Times in 10 Posts
    I don't have a problem when Lewis asks where am I losing time, and then trying to figure it out. It's definitely not the same, and surely beats the hell out of Rosberg's request during practice at Monza when asking his race engineer Tony Ross, " Give me driving instructions."

7. Likes: truefan72 (15th September 2014)
    Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by easy rider View Post
    I don't have a problem when Lewis asks where am I losing time, and then trying to figure it out. It's definitely not the same, and surely beats the hell out of Rosberg's request during practice at Monza when asking his race engineer Tony Ross, " Give me driving instructions."
    So , it's just the individual phrasing that you don't like ?

We know he knows how to drive the car , so can we not assume that both drivers were asking for the same info ?

I admit it didn't sound as nice when Nico said that , but it's not worth risking this attempt at gagging the driver/engineer radio .

9. Likes: Duncan (17th September 2014)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    Well stated Hawk! We/They can't have it both ways. F1 either goes back to internal combustion engines (exclusively) without a fuel limit, or continue on with complex PU's, that include fuel saving strategy due to fuel limitations. Add to that the factors of changing conditions, and situations during the race, and it is a huge benefit for these guys to be advised. I'm not so crazy about the "where am I losing time" type of conversation, but I' pretty sure we are not going back to the way it was. This change is not something that should even be considered during the course of the season, so they should just let this one play out in spite of their greedy paranoia.
    Tazzy , give them a fuel limit , and a point if they stay within it .
    That way they can chose to fight , and to forfeit the point for position if they must .

Not a bad idea.

Who will gain – and lose – from radio rule change?

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2014/09/1...w-radio-rules/

A very revealing read methinks. As for the actual radio exchanges I think my fav is:

Canada 16 Kimi Raikkonen Antonio Spagnolo I don’t know what is ‘P4′?
    Canada 16 Antonio Spagnolo Kimi Raikkonen OK, so it’s 12 clicks on the ’10′-button, and four clicks on the ’1′-button.

Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    Tazzy , give them a fuel limit , and a point if they stay within it .
    That way they can chose to fight , and to forfeit the point for position if they must .
    So, every driver that finishes a race will get a point, even those that were lapped and finish a lap behind (i.e. have done one less lap)?

Caterham would be happy .
    “If everything's under control, you're going too slow.” Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by schmenke View Post
    So, every driver that finishes a race will get a point, even those that were lapped and finish a lap behind (i.e. have done one less lap)?

Caterham would be happy .
    Hey , even down there in the lower class , they'd have to chose carefully whether to stay under the limit for fuel or burn it for position .

It goes along with the idea that they are now hybrid vehicles , so rewarding fuel economy would be right on song .

To further the idea , they could award a separate trophy for the most points kept in the fuel economy stakes .
    More pomp and green circumstance to print lines about .
    No loser there .
    Not even Caterham .