Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    the thing that drove me crazy (and one of the reasons I stopped watching) was that he frequently spent the entire broadcast eulogising about his beloved Schumi- when he won it was down to brilliance, when he got beaten it was Bridgestones fault or the other driver had better tyres from Michelin- over time this got very tiresome and coupled with the mind numbing boredom of the actual races I simply gave up on it-

that said I do appreciate that trying to make a dull procession sound like something interesting is happening must be hard work

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djparky
    the thing that drove me crazy (and one of the reasons I stopped watching) was that he frequently spent the entire broadcast eulogising about his beloved Schumi- when he won it was down to brilliance, when he got beaten it was Bridgestones fault or the other driver had better tyres from Michelin- over time this got very tiresome and coupled with the mind numbing boredom of the actual races I simply gave up on it-

that said I do appreciate that trying to make a dull procession sound like something interesting is happening must be hard work
    Sounds like you have fallen asleep over the past few years!

Don't know if you did, but the qualy session in Shanghai was a good example of Schumi's brilliance and the problem with the Ferrari/BS vs. Michelin tyre war.

Ferrari were the only truly competitive team on BS whereas their nearest rivals were on Michelin tyres. In a tyre war there will be races where one tyre company will have the upper hand.

Schumi is considerably talented driver (not to mention his huge flaws). He was so dominant that very drivers could beat him in straight fight. It not like now or in the 80s where you could mention a number of drivers who are race winners and can genuinely fight for WDC.

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    I suspect that these commentators have to keep talking throughout a race - silence is just not on. So they have to think of something to say, and during an F1 race, at various stages, there really is not that much to say. Driver A is following driver B; and that's it. So they have to think of different things to say about the drivers and the racecourse, teams, rumours, and anything else so that listeners don't think they have lost their sound from the telecast.

Personally, I don't care what the guys say, I am just grateful that we have a telecast of the race. But for those who don't like what they hear, turn off the sound, log onto F1-live to get the splits and gaps, and if you have a laptop also, then log onto the chat of our forum and have a chat. It is within your own capabilities to improve your enjoyment of the F1 races.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    No James Allen, must ignore Lewis Hamilton, achievements so he doesn't upset YOU. Once again I don't care about some German driver coming in 4th place. If and when he comes in 321 then lets discuss this Heidfeld whats his name????

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Jeremy Paxman should be the new commentator

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    No James Allen is doing a great Job

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    F1 woman what a niave thing to say! the first two team a way ahead of pace compared to BMW and the rest. It shows how well hiefeld is driving by finishing 4 in the last 3 rounds, espceially in the last two round where he has on merit finished infront of massa and alonso

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    F1 woman what a niave thing to say! the first two team a way ahead of pace compared to BMW and the rest. It shows how well hiefeld is driving by finishing 4 in the last 3 rounds, espceially in the last two round where he has on merit finished infront of massa and alonso
    BMW is coming in 4th when there come in 321 please inform me until then it don't interest me, tell someone who cares, I really don't care there are 3 drivers all tied on 22 points one is a rookie and he also British, 2 drivers are in an British team also. You are naive not me.

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1woman
    BMW is coming in 4th when there come in 321 please inform me until then it don't interest me, tell someone who cares, I really don't care there are 3 drivers all tied on 22 points one is a rookie and he also British, 2 drivers are in an British team also. You are naive not me.

Is this a symptom of tunnel vision, or myopia ?
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1woman
    BMW is coming in 4th when there come in 321 please inform me until then it don't interest me, tell someone who cares ...... You are naive not me.
    Are you sure ?
    Tito Vilanova = :champion: