Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by raphael123
    NoahsGirl - from F1Racing? :P

The Anti-James Allen t-shirts are absurb
    where can i get one?
    Sir! While I disagree with what you are saying, I will fight to the death your right to spell the words incorerctly and use heinous.. grammar yo !!!

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts

James Allen had the impossible task of taking over from Murray Walker. He was always going to be viewed as a disappointment. I think the dislike people have taken to him is unjustified in most cases.

Hyping up the British drivers, who are generally the most supported in the UK makes perfect sense since the majority of his viewers are...british.

And as with the Heidfeld thing. It's a perfect example of people critizising the guy, for the sake of critizising him. As I said, I don't think that being critical of a driver when he's off form, and praising him when he's on form, is that bad a thing!

The Anti-James Allen t-shirts are absurb - talk about pathetic! The man's doing his job, anything would think he committed murder and got away with it!
    Having seen and heard Murray Walker's commentary of the OzGP this year, I agree with you.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    James Allen had the impossible task of taking over from Murray Walker. He was always going to be viewed as a disappointment. I think the dislike people have taken to him is unjustified in most cases.

Hyping up the British drivers, who are generally the most supported in the UK makes perfect sense since the majority of his viewers are...british.

And as with the Heidfeld thing. It's a perfect example of people critizising the guy, for the sake of critizising him. As I said, I don't think that being critical of a driver when he's off form, and praising him when he's on form, is that bad a thing!

The Anti-James Allen t-shirts are absurb - talk about pathetic! The man's doing his job, anything would think he committed murder and got away with it!
    Spot on mate

It's down to the British media to support the Brits. I remember channel 5 showed Moto GP, apart from Rossi and Max Biaggi they kept referring to Jeremy McWilliams!

As Brits, we've recently gone through an unusual period when we almost had a Grand Prix generation of no Brit drivers coming through the ranks. Button was regarded a new hope, especially since he jumped straight from F3!

Hamilton has deserved the credit as he's shown what's he made of in GP2, as shown on ITV!

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malllen
    Having seen and heard Murray Walker's commentary of the OzGP this year, I agree with you.
    Yeah, Walkers commentary was awful.
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think some of you guys just enjoy bashing James Allen for the sake of it, or because it's the 'popular' thing to do.

Why should James Allen praise Heidfeld when he is driving badly, and not praise him when he is driving well?

:S
    Well said

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts

I agree with most of that. Allen is far from being brilliant, and does annoy me at times, but on reflection he has too much to live up to in the eyes of many.

And, I must say, I have never detected undue bias in any F1 commentator apart from Murray Walker towards Damon Hill and Nigel Mansell. That was OK, though, as he was quite open about it. People who moan about biased sports commentators in my experience only do so because the commentator in question said something negative about someone theat person supports or something positive about someone they don't, rather than there being something behind the accusation.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

!
    yeah and heidfield is German, so may be thats why he gets alot of stick
    Mystery strikes again!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    nah james is alwful. he always makes mistakes and when Martin trys to bring it to his attention he just brushed it off, but when Martin makes a mistae he rubs it in his face!! he can just be soo aanooying at times.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    James Allen, is great he doing a great job. These hateful people come from ITV blog. Their are British but don't want James Allen, to mention any British drivers at all Jenson Button, Lewis Hamilton etc. I really don't want to heard about Heidfeld, I don't really care if he came in 4th place? We have great British drivers I want to heard about British drivers. GO TO GERMANY AND YOU CAN HEARD ABOUT HEIDFELD!!!!!! BECAUSE THE GEMANS WILL BE OVER HYPING HIM IF HE PROFORMED LIKE OUR LEWIS HAMILTON. WHY DON'T YOU GO BACK TO ITV BLOG. YOU ARE ALL BORES.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1woman
    GO TO GERMANY AND YOU CAN HEARD ABOUT HEIDFELD!!!!!! BECAUSE THE GEMANS WILL BE OVER HYPING HIM IF HE PROFORMED LIKE OUR LEWIS HAMILTON. WHY DON'T YOU GO BACK TO ITV BLOG. YOU ARE ALL BORES.
    I'm sure that there aren't many people in this world who are willing to travel to different countries in order to get a taste of objective journalism that focuses on all the drivers.
    Welcome to the forum.