Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WTCC game

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

WTCC game

Apologies if this is a repost and I know that it's more of a simulations thing but I posted there and got no replies

Is the WTCC game worth buying? Have downloaded the demo and it seems OK. But just wanting to know what people think of the complete game? Has anyone on the forums bought it?
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    There is a forum dedicated to Race and it looks a good game
    http://forum.rscnet.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1104
    There are lots of screenshots and videos there as well as lots of information

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Race Sim Central is always a good place to look

If the game was released on other formats I'd strongly consider buying it. Unfortunately, it isn't

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    There are a lot of clips starting to appear on the video upload websites. I'm not that impressed with what I have seen thusfar.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I am setting up a petition on the matter of other consoles.
    I will get you the link when it is activated.
    My computer is only built to the basic specification of Race and consequently may not work.
    The address is
    http://www.PetitionOnline.com/racewtcc/petition.html

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Well just from what Caroline and I have tried on the demo of th Brands hatch circuit it looks very much like Brands and the cars are quite difficult to drive but not impossible The BMW actually handles like a RWD car which is refreshing too. BTW if you buy the game on www.steampowered.com it's cheaper than buying it in the shops and you don't have to worry about scratching your disk because the game is registered against your account

I think I'll give the demo some more time and decide to buy after that
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain VXR
    I am setting up a petition on the matter of other consoles.
    I will get you the link when it is activated.
    My computer is only built to the basic specification of Race and consequently may not work.
    The address is
    http://www.PetitionOnline.com/racewtcc/petition.html
    Porting a game over to consoles is not simple. From the hour or so that I've played it it seems very much like a sim. Simulation sort of games often don't work as well on consoles where people might not have memory cards to store their suspension settings and such and they can be tiring when all you want to do is to switch it on and have a bit of a drive.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I know that it is not simple but if enough people want it on a console, simbin will release it for sale

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain VXR
    I know that it is not simple but if enough people want it on a console, simbin will release it for sale
    Yes but if the game isn't good on the console then why release it if no one will buy it. Consoles are great for simple racing games which flatter your skills. Lets just say that I can't do a full lap around Brands Hatch without going off at least twice. Most people don't want to turn their console on in the evening just to be made to feel like a **** driver

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i got the game and it doesnt work even with the lowist settings i only get 5fps which i can not play with so need to upgrade the computer looks very very good though
    BTCC-All the Honda's
    WTCC-Priaulx
    V8-Lowndes and courtney