Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Everyday racism

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts

Everyday racism

How many of you interact with people saying blatantly racist things in everyday situations such as at work for instance?

I hate feeling like I can't question racist comments because I don't feel work is the right place to get involved in such a debate. As a nation we like to think we are quite progressive when it comes to issues like race but I get the impression that a scarily large number of people are racist, either secretly or openly when with other people of the same ethnicity.

And I'm not just taking about older people here. We seem to expect people who are over 60 to be slightly racist but I have stopped spending time with good friends from my school years because I'm offended/embarrassed by their racist opinions. Added to this is the fact that facebook these days seem to be a place where people can 'like' or 'share' articles/pages that are clearly racist.

I think I'm just too polite to get involved when I hear racism. The only situation where I feel I would actually have the balls to act would be if I was witnessing racism being verbally directed at an individual.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    United in diversity !!!

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    You are right, though, thankfully, the friends with whom I interact never express such views. Outside that, I think casual racism, sexism and homophobia, often dressed up in that most ghastly and moronic phrase 'banter', is a worse problem than ever. People think they're being 'politically incorrect', or some such crap, when in fact they're being nothing more than boorish and intolerant.

4. Likes: donKey jote (6th September 2014)
    Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    A big part of the anti EU stance many have is not based on anything except "I don't like foreigners"
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Racism over here is a common daily occurrence. As long as there are 2 or more people of different ethnicity in the world there will be racism. Sad but true.
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    Even in motorsport too !
    I think some people see other races getting away with certain things ,that they can't .Wearing a Burka in public is OK in the UK ,but in other countries,France etc it's banned .
    We all need to see equality,and feel equality too .
    I personally don't have a race problem,but then again my little market town has very few multi cultured residents

Liked 387 Times in 327 Posts
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2WGfb9WxrE

So we're thieves, prostitutes, beggars.
    After being sued the guy inserted a note in the video telling it's a parody. Is it?

http://www.letras-canciones.info/El-...-putos-rumanos

Hijos de puta?
    The song was quite catchy. I swear I listened it even in a Romanian mall.

Despite all above I have no problems with racism......
    Last edited by gadjo_dilo; 6th September 2014 at 17:08.

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    Racism is common throughout the world and is going nowhere. Racism should be an accepted opinion and as long as one is doing no harm then let sleeping dogs lie. People thinking they can force away opinions by being "politically correct" are full of sh!t. If I know you are a racist then I can form an opinion. Lets quit faking all this crap. We should probably be worrying about ISIS instead being politically correct.
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown, Jon Brow View Post
    How many of you interact with people saying blatantly racist things in everyday situations such as at work for instance?

I hate feeling like I can't question racist comments because I don't feel work is the right place to get involved in such a debate. As a nation we like to think we are quite progressive when it comes to issues like race but I get the impression that a scarily large number of people are racist, either secretly or openly when with other people of the same ethnicity.

And I'm not just taking about older people here. We seem to expect people who are over 60 to be slightly racist but I have stopped spending time with good friends from my school years because I'm offended/embarrassed by their racist opinions. Added to this is the fact that facebook these days seem to be a place where people can 'like' or 'share' articles/pages that are clearly racist.

I think I'm just too polite to get involved when I hear racism. The only situation where I feel I would actually have the balls to act would be if I was witnessing racism being verbally directed at an individual.
    So you like that your daughter will be *ed by pakis and arabs and you will happily kiss your grandkids?

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    Amen Brother
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"