Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    How long's the OP been following F1? We all know the answer to this one.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    I regard Michael Schumacher as the most complete driver of all time but,
    Do you mean this as a compliment? Because if ever there was a cheat...

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by journeyman racer View Post
    How long's the OP been following F1? We all know the answer to this one.

Do you mean this as a compliment? Because if ever there was a cheat...
    Haha, I was waiting for someone to pick up on that. Yes, Schumacher cheated but that doesn't detract from the amazing driver he was and the incredible things he did on track.

Haha, I was waiting for someone to pick up on that. Yes, Schumacher cheated but that doesn't detract from the amazing driver he was
    Yes it does! Your double standards further diminishes your pov!

and the incredible things Bridgestone in particular, did on track.
    efa

Quote Originally Posted by journeyman racer View Post
    Yes it does! Your double standards further diminishes your pov!

efa
    Nope, only your pov is diminished when you quote me on things I never said.

Michael was a very cynical competitor. You think very highly of him. Rosberg does something at Monaco that appears cynical, but not enough to pin him. You diminish him, and bore the rest of us, by never letting go and constantly calling him a cheat.

Michael was a cynical competitor that won 7 WDC. If a driver of his talent comes along again and does what he did without the cynicism and cheating, then I will rate them as the most complete driver ever.

As for Rosberg the Cheat, he's nowhere near the level Schumacher used to be and has only one a few races. I don't care if I bore you chap. You're just another germ on the internet to me. I can take or leave you. You may or may not read my posts. Choice is yours! Either way, it has no impact on my life

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Interesting point to make is maybe the level of Schumacher in his comeback. He clearly wasn't quite at the level of pre 2006

However given the quality Rosberg clearly has, maybe Schumacher matching him wasn't too bad after all.

Just a thought
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Michael was a cynical competitor that won 7 WDC. If a driver of his talent comes along again and does what he did without the cynicism and cheating, then I will rate them as the most complete driver ever.
    So what you're saying is, you get seduced by the stats?

As for Rosberg the Cheat, he's nowhere near the level Schumacher used to be and has only one a few races.
    Rosberg has only had a race winning car since 2012. Schumacher, since the start of his career. Rosberg started winning as soon as he got into a race winning car. I remember Schumacher's early wins, he was pretty fortunate. Mansell would've had him at Belgium, til electrical problems held him back late. Prost could've won in Portugal, but let Schumacher have the win, since 2nd would seal the title. There's also the very suspicious 94 Benetton. It's interesting that Schumacher's huge success started once the sporting regs meant there was a bigger influence from the pits. As in, not as a result of his driving.

I don't care if I bore you chap. You're just another germ on the internet to me. I can take or leave you. You may or may not read my posts. Choice is yours! Either way, it has no impact on my life
    I don't know. Using the term "germ", a personal jibe, suggests it might have a teeny weeny impact?

Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post
    Interesting point to make is maybe the level of Schumacher in his comeback. He clearly wasn't quite at the level of pre 2006

However given the quality Rosberg clearly has, maybe Schumacher matching him wasn't too bad after all.

Just a thought
    I remember at the start of 10. Everybody banging on about how successful Schumacher was going to be, Rosberg was going to get shown up. Nowadays? Fans go on the internet and reflect in glowing terms of what was a mediocre three seasons. Hehehe

Banned
    Liked 152 Times in 123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post
    However given the quality Rosberg clearly has, maybe Schumacher matching him wasn't too bad after all. Just a thought
    Or maybe an indication that Rosberg is underrated. I'm surprised he has pushed Hamilton so hard in both qualifying and in the races.

I'm probably Schumacher's biggest critic, but I am going to take it easy on him until he's doing better. Picking on a guy who is fighting for his life just doesn't seem right to me.
    Last edited by Doc Austin; 3rd September 2014 at 02:25.

10. Likes: The Black Knight (3rd September 2014)
    Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    I would argue that it's difficult, if not impossible, to judge a modern driver's 'completeness' given the range of information at their disposal from the pits. Does the concept of a 'complete' driver exist any more?