Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    There's always next year, though he may be running short of those. He's been around for a while now and I can't help but wonder how much longer he wants to go.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 165 Times in 131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FormerFF View Post
    That Helio has not won a championship illustrates just how difficult winning one is.
    Very true, but that Whinging Will has won one will argue against this.

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    As I followed Will Power the last few years, I kind of thought that there is a reason this guy isn't in F1 (together with most others) and why the IndyCar champion title eluded him so long. However, this time around I start to wonder if he has finally become the well-rounded IndyCar driver that one should be to win a champion title. The way Will Power charged from the back of grid to the top 10 at Fontana was impressive. The way he spun a week before at Sonoma was not.

Liked 165 Times in 131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85 View Post
    As I followed Will Power the last few years, I kind of thought that there is a reason this guy isn't in F1 (together with most others) and why the IndyCar champion title eluded him so long. However, this time around I start to wonder if he has finally become the well-rounded IndyCar driver that one should be to win a champion title. The way Will Power charged from the back of grid to the top 10 at Fontana was impressive. The way he spun a week before at Sonoma was not.
    I agree he has some ability, I just can't stand the way nothing is ever his fault, his consistent whinging drives me insane. He needs to man up and show some humility and accept that he isn't perfect, only then will he mature and grow into the driver some people think he can become. The comment he made a year or so ago about not being bothered in races if he couldn't win the championship seem to sum up his rank attitude quite perfectly

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
    He's got three Indianapolis 500 wins. That's enough to make three complete careers.

Hopefully he remembers to put Tony George in his will for giving him that one.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

6. Likes: journeyman racer (26th October 2014)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior View Post
    Hopefully he remembers to put Tony George in his will for giving him that one.
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    Wow guys. You have no sense of humor.

And Helio is doing very well if you watched the interview right after the race. He was smiling and congratulated Will Power.

I didn't know in advance how the thread title shows up on the front page, but that makes it even funnier.
    Suicide watch is no matter of humour. IHow would you feel not being allowed to go to the toilet without supervision? People watching you while you take a shit to make sure you don't strangle yourself? You need to adjust your sense of humour.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anfield5 View Post
    I agree he has some ability, I just can't stand the way nothing is ever his fault, his consistent whinging drives me insane. He needs to man up and show some humility and accept that he isn't perfect, only then will he mature and grow into the driver some people think he can become. The comment he made a year or so ago about not being bothered in races if he couldn't win the championship seem to sum up his rank attitude quite perfectly
    He's become a bit of a douchebag since joining Penske.

Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster View Post
    Suicide watch is no matter of humour. IHow would you feel not being allowed to go to the toilet without supervision? People watching you while you take a shit to make sure you don't strangle yourself? You need to adjust your sense of humour.
    You need to lighten up a bit.
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Wow guys. You have no sense of humor.

And Helio is doing very well if you watched the interview right after the race. He was smiling and congratulated Will Power.

I didn't know in advance how the thread title shows up on the front page, but that makes it even funnier.
    I have to agree with Airshifter and the other poster. Inappropriate and certainly not humorous in anyway. I personally have lost two nephews and a cousin to this horrific act. Add to that my wife finding her own sister. No drugs involved in any of the cases. One was the twin sister of the first cousin. She died a year after her brother had done the same thing. He was fourth in his class at Med School in the UK and felt he was failing his dad. The poor man was extremely proud and happy that he was doing so well and was never one to push his desires of career in the faces of these poor young people.

I know you did not do this to hurt anyone but there are many out there that have similar or worse stories than mine.

As for Helio, I really never heard him speak of football. I did hear Tony Kanaan. Boy, they got themselves a hiding. Shame, since it was in their own country.