I've just got back from a trip in the US where I drove from Newark, NJ to the Geneseo region of New York (about 350 miles). This was my first time driving in America and the first time I've ever driven on the wrong side of the road. So here are a few of my thoughts.

1) Undertaking- So on busy stretches of interstate it is perfectly acceptable to undertake on the inside? Three minutes into my 5 hour drive and I have traffic passing me on both sides and no idea which lane I'm supposed to be in.

2) Speed limits- What are they for? Because nobody sticks to them. I'm sticking to the 65mph limit and I still have lorries and cars flying past me.

3) Text areas 5 miles ahead- So you have areas at the side of your freeway that are there so drivers can text each other...

4) Prepaying for fuel - I had no idea that you had to pay for your petrol before you could fill up. So how much do I need to pay...........

5) $35 for a tank of fuel - Can I fill up my suitcase please while I'm here?

6) Road-kill - Most British children would be traumatised at the sight of Bambi dead on the side of the road every 90 miles.

7) Musical bridges - The tarmac over bridges makes a different road noise to the rest of the road. Sounded musical to me.

8) Road side diners - And you mock British food for being inedible? What is with your obsession of putting 'American imitation cheese food' on everything?

9) Stop signs - I really think roundabouts are a more efficient way of dealing with intersections.

10) Freeway exits in the middle lane- So I'm looking for my exit so I move over to get in the right-hand lane and now I've driven past my exit because it was in the middle lane???

So it was an educational experience but I can't help but think that driving in Britain would be more difficult for an American.