Page 2 of 63 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Liked 252 Times in 68 Posts
    Not sure if Raz is still on here, he competes quite a bit, recently winning the Modern Challenge category at Targa West. He is quite a quick driver in whatever he drives. Used to run a Charade GTti like I have.

Ray
    2007 Australian Rally Champion Driver Class P3
    2011 Australian Rally Champion Codriver Privateers Cup and Premier League,
    2014 Australian Targa Champion Codriver Late Classic

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by makinen_fan View Post
    Is the driver of No 75 Fiesta (Razvan Vlad) still posting here? We met through this forum some time ago... it's nice to see he competes regularly now!
    Yes, I'm still here - best place to keep up to date with what happens when a WRC round is on!

I have been competing regularly for the past few years, but mainly doing the events in Western Australia and the WRC round once a year. The trip across to the East coast is nearly 4500km (one way) so it is not something we can do very often, but as long as Australia has a WRC round and I have an FIA car we'll be there.

3. Likes: makinen_fan (17th March 2015),turves (1st September 2014)
    Liked 352 Times in 208 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXYrally View Post
    Yes, I'm still here - best place to keep up to date with what happens when a WRC round is on!

I have been competing regularly for the past few years, but mainly doing the events in Western Australia and the WRC round once a year. The trip across to the East coast is nearly 4500km (one way) so it is not something we can do very often, but as long as Australia has a WRC round and I have an FIA car we'll be there.
    I'm from Perth!!
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

5. Likes: journeyman racer (30th August 2014)
    Liked 77 Times in 41 Posts
    A lesson in PR-speak from wrc.com:
    Strong Australia entry confirmed: Seventy-nine crews will tackle the next round of the FIA World Rally Championship, Coates Hire Rally Australia, between 11th & 14th of September.
    http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/augus...1--12-12-.html
    Oh great! 79 crews, that's lot! Let's look at the entry list: indeed, the numbers go all the way to 79. But wait, let's count: there are only 30 crews on the list.... so what happend to the other 49?

Liked 650 Times in 312 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wildboar View Post

Oh great! 79 crews, that's lot! Let's look at the entry list: indeed, the numbers go all the way to 79. But wait, let's count: there are only 30 crews on the list.... so what happend to the other 49?
    Here's the full entry list...

http://www.rally.com.au/images/stori...Entry_List.pdf

Liked 77 Times in 41 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rallyfiend View Post
    Here's the full entry list...
    Yes, yes, I could also guess that the other 49 crews are starting in the national events. But it is boderline dishonest to claim that 30 crews is a "strong entry" and then trying to hide it by just counting the national entries as well.

9. Likes: janvanvurpa (3rd September 2014)
    Liked 172 Times in 75 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wildboar View Post

WRC.com hitting new lows buy manipulating figures to make the event look popular! 79 crews my a*se!

Liked 650 Times in 312 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doon View Post
    WRC.com hitting new lows buy manipulating figures to make the event look popular! 79 crews my a*se!
    What difference does it make? They still do the same itinerary - Australia, like most other non-European countries has moved to a national championship tech regs that mean most of the cars CAN'T enter the WRC event, not that they don't want to.

Liked 9,313 Times in 4,939 Posts
    Here’s the schedule for LIVE coverage for Rally Australia 2014 in the UK.

#M-SPORTER

Liked 551 Times in 196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rallyfiend View Post
    What difference does it make? They still do the same itinerary - Australia, like most other non-European countries has moved to a national championship tech regs that mean most of the cars CAN'T enter the WRC event, not that they don't want to.
    What are the car regulations in Australia, I see they allow FIA spec cars, do most not? Too expensive?
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!