Page 62 of 63 FirstFirst ... 125260616263 LastLast
    Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Yeah, this is getting little funny. What is wrong with this picture:

"With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Juha_Koo View Post
    Well, anyone can go into the semantics. Organizers were aware of the possibility for some big cuts and hence, the issue was addressed in Bulletin No1 :

I hope that is clear enough for you.

Well, it´s not semantics when John is trying to tell the difference between route and road. Meeke was leaving the road not the route, which for me more means between stages, transportsträcka in swedish.

"Roadway" is the word they use in bulletin no1. However hinders are not very adeqvat if not described in pictures before in bulletin. Maybe they was?
    Last edited by Rallyper; 14th September 2014 at 20:40.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 1,884 Times in 737 Posts
    I was almost ran over and my gopro made a car spin in Norway this summer when i was standing in the middle of a field, i heard that it was ok as long as there is no junction in the road book at that corner...
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Juha_Koo View Post
    Well, anyone can go into the semantics. Organizers were aware of the possibility for some big cuts and hence, the issue was addressed in Bulletin No1 :

I hope that is clear enough for you.

Ej poiki I'm very thick in the head...and ya' know, I have seen my whole life a million misunderstandings --90% minor, 30% funny, all based on slight nuances of non-native speaker on one side or even better 2 non-native speakers speaking 3rd language....

Road
    Roadway
    Right of Way
    Chausee
    weg
    väg
    veg
    tie

Are all these the exact same thing..
    See, spoken language we make little unconscious adjustments because we want to understand the other person...so we're so to say not toooooo picky
    Lotta you guys understand my rusty ol' 70s Swedish both as written and the rude jokes underlying because we're OK people just yacking about WRC or as a friend came up with (he's from Texas but didn't like the Prez) the Dubya Arsey...

So just talking all those things pretty much the same.... But strictly speaking a RIGHT of WAY means something....and a roadway means something slightly different from a Road---or we wouldn't have the different words..

Now we know most Aussie are permanently beer-ed to near death, its the only way to dela with the heat and the sodding huge nasty FLIES!!! so while they're sitting round the table, pissed as a preist, they may not be expressing themselves in a 100% clear way.....people TEND to try and write "Proper!" and usually get into trouble that way..

What I'm saying is LITTLE is clear at second glance..The organiser should have at the bottom written
    DON'T CUT!
    Last edited by janvanvurpa; 15th September 2014 at 04:02.
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

5. Likes: Rallyper (14th September 2014)
    Liked 252 Times in 68 Posts
    We finished, got 3rd in National 4wd series in the Evo 9. Had a few problems early on Bucca stage with broken rear different bolt so we cruised through the rest of the stage and the next. Fixed it at service and got through ok.

Tanaks accident stopped Bucca 2 stage and they weren't going to re green the stage after a 45 min stoppage so all the drivers made the decision not to do the stage unless it was greeted. So it was a transport then.

Atko was shafted by his team. Tyre choice hurt him big time and he just did what he was told all week. Disappointing that he wasn't allowed to make his own setup choices. It seemed more to be test session for Hyundai.

Anyway now into Safari mode, heading to Western Australia for the Australasian Safari this Wednesday.

Ray
    2007 Australian Rally Champion Driver Class P3
    2011 Australian Rally Champion Codriver Privateers Cup and Premier League,
    2014 Australian Targa Champion Codriver Late Classic

7. Likes: A FONDO (15th September 2014),gravelman (15th September 2014),Sso (15th September 2014),turves (15th September 2014)
    Liked 217 Times in 113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by raybak View Post
    We finished, got 3rd in National 4wd series in the Evo 9. Had a few problems early on Bucca stage with broken rear different bolt so we cruised through the rest of the stage and the next. Fixed it at service and got through ok.

Tanaks accident stopped Bucca 2 stage and they weren't going to re green the stage after a 45 min stoppage so all the drivers made the decision not to do the stage unless it was greeted. So it was a transport then.

Atko was shafted by his team. Tyre choice hurt him big time and he just did what he was told all week. Disappointing that he wasn't allowed to make his own setup choices. It seemed more to be test session for Hyundai.

Anyway now into Safari mode, heading to Western Australia for the Australasian Safari this Wednesday.

Ray
    Good run , the stages looked good on the bits that were on tv

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by raybak View Post

Ray
    How did times compare with WRC field Ray? Shame that your national championship cannot run in conjunction with the WRC field, and let you guys mix it with the main field. One of the downfalls of the new WRC that needs remedying.

Liked 480 Times in 162 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    Well, it´s not semantics when John is trying to tell the difference between route and road. Meeke was leaving the road not the route, which for me more means between stages, transportsträcka in swedish.

"Roadway" is the word they use in bulletin no1. However hinders are not very adeqvat if not described in pictures before in bulletin. Maybe they was?
    In 2013 in Russian championship leg several times champion Zhigunov made "a liitle cuts":
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1OB-iBXTo0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFKgPPx4Y1M
    There were a lot of discussions (very similar to those in this tread) about it, but no further decisions were made.
    As for me, I support penalizations for things like these, otherwise it may turn rally into an - "find the best available shortcut", absurd.

Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts
    Meeks punishment was way over the normal limit. In my mind, Mikkelsens extremely stupid cut was punsihed with proper way. As a rally driver you must have some respect to the local people. You are not doing much damage when you cut from the grassland or from the wasteland but through the potato field (you can get only one crop from that field in a year).. it is idiotic. Andreas learned it in a hard way that it is not allowed. Meeks situation was completely unfair. Some heavy oral reprimand from the organizers would have been fair.
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

12. Likes: makinen_fan (15th September 2014),Rallyper (15th September 2014),satnav (15th September 2014)
    Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Yeah, I guess some of Mikkelsen's fine went to the farmer
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI