Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy Tamasz View Post
    Such a confident statement doesn't surprise me one single bit. I've often seen the proponents of progressive and liberal views trying to show those down somebody else's throat.
    Oh, and the right doesn't do that at all, does it? What utterly hypocritical rot.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter View Post
    The tyranny of the left is as oppressive, or sometimes more so, than the tyranny of the right. Always beware the zealots who are so sure that they "know what is good for you" (right and left). They also usually fancy themselves as smarter than those who don't agree with their way of thinking - a false premise based on the conceit that they are always right.
    I don't just fancy myself as smarter than the average right-wing gun-toting American; I know I actually am. Goodness, the sofa on which I'm sitting has more in the way of brain cells.

3. Likes: donKey jote (5th September 2014)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy Tamasz View Post
    Exactly. The logic of the "I-am-good-therefore-the-one-disagreeing-with-me-is-bad" kind is downright dangerous. When urban sophisticated liberal folks start using it, they are no different from intolerant fanatics.
    So, am I as dangerous as, say, a suicide bomber? Really?

The notion that the right doesn't apply exactly the same 'logic' as you describe is spectacularly fanciful.

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell View Post
    Oh, and the right doesn't do that at all, does it? What utterly hypocritical rot.
    While I've agreed with your opinion regarding the thread topic on every level, I have found the way you have expressed your opinion as quite....ungentlemanly.

And while we in Europe (even friends of mine who own guns and go shooting game every weekend) think of American gun-culture as being insane and ridiculous I have just accepted it as a quirk of their society. A quirk that has ended the lives of countless children in massacres in America, but a quirk nevertheless.

In Britain we have warm beer, in America they have automatic assault rifles. Different countries, different cultures
    Last edited by Brown, Jon Brow; 5th September 2014 at 20:18.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

6. Likes: leighton323 (6th September 2014)
    Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown, Jon Brow View Post
    In Britain we have warm beer.....
    I've heard that is because you have Lucas refrigerators. (I know, that's a very old joke.)
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

So, am I as dangerous as, say, a suicide bomber? Really?
    You are much more so. A suicide bomber only harms a few people at at time. The zealot would stifle all expression with which they don't agree and force others to behave in accordance with their extremely narrow view of the world.
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter View Post
    I've heard that is because you have Lucas refrigerators. (I know, that's a very old joke.)
    I don't get it

Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

I don't just fancy myself as smarter than the average right-wing gun-toting American; I know I actually am. Goodness, the sofa on which I'm sitting has more in the way of brain cells.
    As usual, you are wrong again. Right wing American and gun toting American are not always the same thing. There are many left leaning gun owners here and many right leaning non gun owners. You have allowed your urge to stereotype Americans to get in the way of rational thought. I'd suggest your critical faculties have migrated to the portion of your anatomy in contact with your sofa.
    Last edited by Starter; 5th September 2014 at 20:13.
    -- Smokey Stover

Quote Originally Posted by Brown, Jon Brow View Post
    I don't get it

The reference is to Lucas (also known as the prince of darkness) electrics in British cars of the 50s to 70s vintage. As I said its an old joke.
    Last edited by Starter; 5th September 2014 at 20:30.
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    The fact that you have tried to apply such a shallow stereotype to a demographic you obviously know little if anything about proves your intelligence rather lacking actually.

The childish manner in which you profess your claimed superior intellect actually makes about as much sense as someone from the US claiming that everyone in the UK is just a bunch of drunks living off the government hand outs. Even us gun toting rednecks know that it really only applies to part of the UK.

Even the simpletons could probably figure out fairly quickly that US laws and policies are not influenced very much by the will of an internet warrior from another country claiming they know the right way to do everything. But if that has escaped you, by all means keep trying.