Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts

Arizona shooting range accident

Hello! I'm surprised to see that there's no thread on the Arizona shooting range accident. Basically, a 9-year-old girl lost control of her Uzi submachine gun and accidentally shot her instructor.

Is there any restriction on these topics? I can imagine that guns must be a rather sensitive topic around here, so please feel free to close the thread if appropriate.

Liked 140 Times in 81 Posts
    I mentioned it in another thread. Anyone familiar with weapons regardless of their attitude on gun control is pretty much in agreement this was a really bad idea.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Another crazy shooting. I hope one day the US comes to its senses.

In what country is an 8 year old shooting a machine gun at a place called Bullet and Burger a reasonable activity?

I have said it on threads about school shootings on here before, but the USA must come to there senses one day, surely
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    9 year old learning how to shoot a Uzi? Why? Unless she was a terrorist in training or a kidnapped by warlords in Africa and forced to be part of militia - I do not see why any 9 year old ever has to get closer to any gun, let alone a sub-machine gun.
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    9 year old learning how to shoot a Uzi? Why? Unless she was a terrorist in training or a kidnapped by warlords in Africa and forced to be part of militia - I do not see why any 9 year old ever has to get closer to any gun, let alone a sub-machine gun.
    I agree 100% Storm

I mean if kids of 9 are pictured holding guns in Africa the west go mad, because they are a youth army. And yet the West's biggest power see's it as fine to have the same thing happen.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post
    In what country is an 8 year old shooting a machine gun at a place called Bullet and Burger a reasonable activity?
    One that has second amendment rights. If only someone had a gun, they might have been able to prevent this tragedy.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 669 Times in 467 Posts
    Based on the above, a 9 year old shouldn't be in a car either, but we do it every day. Chances are the car will be much more deadly than the guns. But that never stopped anyone from bashing the US policy that ensures us the right to be stupid if we choose.

And don't get me wrong, there were obvious flaws in what took place. The instructor was the one killed, yet should have been the one ensuring safety. Though I'm not happy anyone was killed, only fitting that it was the person that failed to properly perform their job.

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    No you don't understand. It's always the gun's fault...always. Never the person who (mis)uses it.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    This might come across as a completely tasteless thing to say, but the thing is, these accidents might just have a positive side to them. If these can convince parents to take measures to prevent their children from gaining access to their weapons and/or not to train them in the use of weapons until they're old enough to actually carry them, this might just be a good thing. It's just a shame that people need to die in order for others to realize how unjustified it is to train a 9-year-old in the usage of automatic guns.

Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter View Post
    Based on the above, a 9 year old shouldn't be in a car either, ....
    Don't understand that argument. A 9 year old is not permitted to operate a motor vehicle.
    “If everything's under control, you're going too slow.” Mario Andretti

11. Likes: odykas (28th August 2014)