Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Mads Ostberg

Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RAS007 View Post
    This is the central question, re: M-Sport. My best guess is that Malcolm is trying to hang in there until either a major sponsor is found, or until Ford comes back into the picture.
    Reason why M-Sport is in WRC is to sell cars, that's where the money comes from.
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.

2. Likes: janvanvurpa (10th July 2016)
    Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    of course M sport can win championships with a duel of good drivers ,even without Ford backing.
    Fiesta is a capable car at tarmac and gravel. Their economics allows them to be present at all wrc rounds,cant find any reason why not to be champions, if the driver is capable.
    That's a mighty big if you have there.

It does seem like MW Motorsport, much like Pro-drive before them (and with some of the same key people)
    are themselves not really devoted to the idea to be champignons . Drivers capable of being champignons cost a LOT of money... That seems to be in conflict with Malcolm's evident intention to MAKE lots of money and to expand the business into a grand scheme...because the big growth in all kinds of other (other than winning Whirled Rally Champignonskit title) operations didn't happen by accident or just spring up like mushrooms after a rain.

In my somewhat simplistic view and limited experience: if you want to fight for WRC wins, then fight for WRC wins with a little --sorry folks my Angleski fails me--so I use a word from when I was fighting for skills to do another motorsport--- with a little 'envishet'...That's Square-head talk and is 3 parts: 'en' = one; then 'vis' (not to be confused with fis) is 'vision' or 'view' and then the end 'het' is like ness...One-vision-ness..

(va fan säger vi på engelska?)

And if we look back at all the years of M-sport that seems to be lacking especially when we look at how guys there seem to languish and lose direction or momentum.

It seems Malcolm wants a car business empire in Cumbria and it seems he is winning that battle.
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

4. Likes: RAS007 (11th July 2016)
    Liked 9,312 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Time to move the above discussion to the M-Sport thread.

Now back to Ostberg...

Liked 887 Times in 277 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by janvanvurpa View Post

It does seem like MW Motorsport, much like Pro-drive before them (and with some of the same key people)
    are themselves not really devoted to the idea to be champignons . Drivers capable of being champignons cost a LOT of money... That seems to be in conflict with Malcolm's evident intention to MAKE lots of money and to expand the business into a grand scheme...because the big growth in all kinds of other (other than winning Whirled Rally Champignonskit title) operations didn't happen by accident or just spring up like mushrooms after a rain.

In my somewhat simplistic view and limited experience: if you want to fight for WRC wins, then fight for WRC wins with a little --sorry folks my Angleski fails me--so I use a word from when I was fighting for skills to do another motorsport--- with a little 'envishet'...That's Square-head talk and is 3 parts: 'en' = one; then 'vis' (not to be confused with fis) is 'vision' or 'view' and then the end 'het' is like ness...One-vision-ness..

And if we look back at all the years of M-sport that seems to be lacking especially when we look at how guys there seem to languish and lose direction or momentum.

It seems Malcolm wants a car business empire in Cumbria and it seems he is winning that battle.
    Single mindedness?
    https://www.facebook.com/noseendfirst?ref=hl#

7. Likes: janvanvurpa (23rd November 2017)
    친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts

In my somewhat simplistic view and limited experience: if you want to fight for WRC wins, then fight for WRC wins with a little --sorry folks my Angleski fails me--so I use a word from when I was fighting for skills to do another motorsport--- with a little 'envishet'...That's Square-head talk and is 3 parts: 'en' = one; then 'vis' (not to be confused with fis) is 'vision' or 'view' and then the end 'het' is like ness...One-vision-ness.[I].

9. Likes: dimviii (11th July 2016),leighton323 (11th July 2016),Rallyper (11th July 2016)
    Liked 2,832 Times in 1,606 Posts

In my somewhat simplistic view and limited experience: if you want to fight for WRC wins, then fight for WRC wins with a little --sorry folks my Angleski fails me--so I use a word from when I was fighting for skills to do another motorsport--- with a little 'envishet'...That's Square-head talk and is 3 parts: 'en' = one; then 'vis' (not to be confused with fis) is 'vision' or 'view' and then the end 'het' is like ness...One-vision-ness.[I].

Persistence? Obstinacy? Insistence?
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 227 Times in 119 Posts

In other words, Malcolm is not really interested in winning, anymore. If it happens as a byproduct of expanding his car business, great, but it is not the main goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Lundefaret View Post
    Single mindedness?
    Yeah ....best..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZXlhSgq7us

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DZXlhSgq7us" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Last edited by janvanvurpa; 12th July 2016 at 01:46.
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Quote Originally Posted by RAS007 View Post
    In other words, Malcolm is not really interested in winning, anymore. If it happens as a byproduct of expanding his car business, great, but it is not the main goal.

It seems quite evident...especially looking at driver choice over the years..
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post

Don't understand 'envishet', even when explained?

You're not trying hard enough.
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat