Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Mads Ostberg

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MJW View Post
    I still think the crash on Urria took the ability to push to the maximum from Mikko.
    what you think is rather irrelevant to the true facts.

Liked 798 Times in 380 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    Ostberg is nothing anymore and never was something more than a disappointing mediocrity.
    It takes one to know one?
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

3. Likes: janvanvurpa (6th July 2016)
    Liked 490 Times in 250 Posts
    This board confuses me sometimes, I often get the impression that everyone preferred the days of two, three or four drivers who could win and no-one else matters. Ostberg in this thread, Paddon in the other.

Take the VWs out of the equation, because they are clearly better than anyone else here, and it was between Ostberg, Tanak and Neuville of the other drivers. Neville shone at the end, but Mads was perfectly respectable were it not for overdriving and car troubles (it could be argued one is a result of the other).

For Citroen, 2nd place in the manufacturer's standings is the best they can hope for and it makes sense to have a more reliable driver to complement Meeke's aggression.

Sweden is the one where he's under real pressure to perform and did he do terribly? No. Did he do well? No, he should have been able to get the best result possible with the car rather than looking for something more, and I'm not convinced he's great at dealing with the pressure when doing well.

Does it make him a poor driver? By no means. He was an exciting youngster and got a deserved chance to prove himself. Maybe by now he hasn't realised that potential, but for sure he's a better shout for a championship drive than the likes of Camilli and Chardonnet (who, don't forget, are a similar age).

Either way, the more guys in WRC cars the better, and I hope Mads is around for another few years. I doubt he'll keep the Citroen drive for much longer, but I fear Citroen themselves aren't long for the sport.

It's also not like the ERC has an obvious talent for them to try out right now, with the championship surely between Breen and Kajto. The other threads talking about up-and-comers are filled with differing opinions, very little consensus as to who should be given a chance.

Anyway, bit of a ramble there, but in summary I can understand Matton's logic completely (even though he was faced with an unwinnable decision).

Mads is here for the year, let's see how he can get on with the massively favourable road conditions he'll get on the next few rounds.
    aka Rodger Davies

5. Likes: skarderud (17th February 2015)
    Liked 87 Times in 43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dodge33cymru View Post
    This board confuses me sometimes, I often get the impression that everyone preferred the days of two, three or four drivers who could win and no-one else matters. Ostberg in this thread, Paddon in the other.

Take the VWs out of the equation, because they are clearly better than anyone else here, and it was between Ostberg, Tanak and Neuville of the other drivers. Neville shone at the end, but Mads was perfectly respectable were it not for overdriving and car troubles (it could be argued one is a result of the other).

For Citroen, 2nd place in the manufacturer's standings is the best they can hope for and it makes sense to have a more reliable driver to complement Meeke's aggression.

Sweden is the one where he's under real pressure to perform and did he do terribly? No. Did he do well? No, he should have been able to get the best result possible with the car rather than looking for something more, and I'm not convinced he's great at dealing with the pressure when doing well.

Does it make him a poor driver? By no means. He was an exciting youngster and got a deserved chance to prove himself. Maybe by now he hasn't realised that potential, but for sure he's a better shout for a championship drive than the likes of Camilli and Chardonnet (who, don't forget, are a similar age).

Either way, the more guys in WRC cars the better, and I hope Mads is around for another few years. I doubt he'll keep the Citroen drive for much longer, but I fear Citroen themselves aren't long for the sport.

It's also not like the ERC has an obvious talent for them to try out right now, with the championship surely between Breen and Kajto. The other threads talking about up-and-comers are filled with differing opinions, very little consensus as to who should be given a chance.

Anyway, bit of a ramble there, but in summary I can understand Matton's logic completely (even though he was faced with an unwinnable decision).

Mads is here for the year, let's see how he can get on with the massively favourable road conditions he'll get on the next few rounds.
    Well put! It seems that unless you are Ogier in this forum you are nothing which is plain wrong, Ostberg was on pace with Neuville...Drivers are what they are, Ogier is clearly out front still.

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyoda View Post
    Well put! It seems that unless you are Ogier in this forum you are nothing which is plain wrong, Ostberg was on pace with Neuville...Drivers are what they are, Ogier is clearly out front still.
    well you do not hear the same comments for meeke, neuville, latvala, mikkelsen and others... becuase although they are not at Ogiers level they seem to try to get there... Ostberg maxed out his speed and it is not good enough... he should go home.

8. Likes: nafpaktos (18th February 2015)
    Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    What are the odds for Ostberg in a factory seat in 2017?

Liked 560 Times in 243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abarth View Post
    What are the odds for Ostberg in a factory seat in 2017?
    I think if he can't stay at Ford, he can have a chance with Toyota. Depends on what Malcolm and Tommi have envisioned, but I would be surprised if he couldn't hang around, he's one of the few who can bring money (and Malcolm might need that). Other than those two I can hardly see him anywhere else. But time will tell.

Liked 352 Times in 184 Posts
    At least he´s not testing the 2017 car. Camilli and Matthew Wilson are test drivers.

Liked 9,356 Times in 4,971 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WUff1 View Post
    At least he´s not testing the 2017 car. Camilli and Matthew Wilson are test drivers.
    What 2017 car ? Still waiting for the Mk8 Fiesta it is based upon to be built !

13. Likes: pantealex (6th July 2016)
    Liked 661 Times in 290 Posts
    https://twitter.com/KiwiWRCfan adding a fans perspective to Twitter

15. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (9th July 2016)