Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Mads Ostberg

Liked 46 Times in 25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    Citroen made a mistake keeping him this year. They could have taken some young guy and think about the future instead of manufacturers points, there is no difference between second and fourth in manufacturer standings, nobody cares.
    But I think that maybe they don't think about future cause they won't have one. I think next season will be the last one for them.
    I'm not a fan of Ostbergs driving as well, but you need look at the facts. He's a perfect factory driver, because he is bringing points. Ostberg probably won't be event winning driver, but something Sordo-like good on all surfaces allrounder. So we can't have that type of drivers in WRC? Is it better to have Bouffier who can win Monte Carlo and be shit in other rounds? Who could Citroen take instead of him? Hanninen, Breen, maybe Kubica? I don't think so.

Liked 798 Times in 380 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    Citroen made a mistake keeping him this year. They could have taken some young guy and think about the future instead of manufacturers points, there is no difference between second and fourth in manufacturer standings, nobody cares.
    But I think that maybe they don't think about future cause they won't have one. I think next season will be the last one for them.
    He has been around for a while, but he is still young. If thats your thing against mads?

Yes, he can blame the car for bad performance, but this weekend he has the right to do so. Even Citroën-teamboss said that after the race.
    Lots of electronic fails, sensors falling out, and last, the handbrake locked all 4 wheels when he losts much time on sunday morning. Not his weekend.
    time will show if its more to come or not.
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by b3637853 View Post
    I'm not a fan of Ostbergs driving as well, but you need look at the facts. He's a perfect factory driver, because he is bringing points. Ostberg probably won't be event winning driver, but something Sordo-like good on all surfaces allrounder. So we can't have that type of drivers in WRC? Is it better to have Bouffier who can win Monte Carlo and be shit in other rounds? Who could Citroen take instead of him? Hanninen, Breen, maybe Kubica? I don't think so.
    He is a perfect factory driver but as I said if Citroen care about go back to good old times they should focus on future and not on some manufacturers points today. Today VW dominate the scene. There are plenty of youngsters hungry for a sit in WRC. Tanak was a free driver till december, Abbring as well, they have Lefebvre and all the other french guys. Why don't give them the occasion to learn and make experience now?
    In Italy we say: "make a step backward in order to make 3 forward later"

By the way all this makes sense if Citroen wants to stay in WRC, we are not sure they want.

Quote Originally Posted by skarderud View Post
    He has been around for a while, but he is still young. If thats your thing against mads?

Yes, he can blame the car for bad performance, but this weekend he has the right to do so. Even Citroën-teamboss said that after the race.
    Lots of electronic fails, sensors falling out, and last, the handbrake locked all 4 wheels when he losts much time on sunday morning. Not his weekend.
    time will show if its more to come or not.
    I'm not talking about this weekend but about last 3 years. In rally the age counts very less than experience, he has a lot of experience now and he is (and will be?) the same driver.
    Nothing against him though, it's just a technical observation.

4. Likes: A FONDO (17th February 2015)
    Liked 352 Times in 184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by b3637853 View Post
    He´s just a boring runner-up of the top drivers. OK, but no WRC-materiel in long term. Suppose he´s just there because of his money.

OK, reminds me of Hirvonen now.

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WUff1 View Post
    Hirvonen was much better, Ostberg is not on his level yet, probably he will never be actually.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 178 Times in 78 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WUff1 View Post
    He´s just a boring runner-up of the top drivers. OK, but no WRC-materiel in long term. Suppose he´s just there because of his money.

Really? People are quick to forget Hirvonen's achievements.

But yes, Ostberg is one of the least capable drivers to land a drive in a top team.

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Ostberg is nowhere close to hirvonen... Hirvonen lost his touch in 2010 after crashing into that iceberg called Loeb and his career went down faster than the titanic... before then he was a very fast driver capable of titles if Loeb was not around.

Ostberg is nothing anymore and never was something more than a disappointing mediocrity. I think he deserved a chance in a top team to see what he can make of the opportunity but now he should go home.

MJW
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    Ostberg is nowhere close to hirvonen... Hirvonen lost his touch in 2010 after crashing into that iceberg called Loeb and his career went down faster than the titanic... before then he was a very fast driver capable of titles if Loeb was not around.

Ostberg is nothing anymore and never was something more than a disappointing mediocrity. I think he deserved a chance in a top team to see what he can make of the opportunity but now he should go home.
    I think rather than crash into the icceberg called Loeb, what Mikko crashed into was Finnish countryside on Urria stage on Rally Finland, that was an aircraft crash type crash and in my opinion Mikko never completely got it back after that. That was 2010.
    Last edited by MJW; 17th February 2015 at 15:48.

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    i ment 2009... not 2010. The year he lost for a single point.

MJW
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    i ment 2009... not 2010. The year he lost for a single point.
    I still think the crash on Urria took the ability to push to the maximum from Mikko.