Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Liked 152 Times in 123 Posts
    If it is true that Rosberg said he did it on purpose, I would say the FIA needs to take his points from this race. That way he gains no advantage from it. That would be the minimum, but any more than that, like say making him sit out the next race, would affect the championship too much.

I liked Nico and did not want to believe he did this on purpose, but the more information that gets out, the more it looks like this is exactly what happened. As hard as he turned the wheel back to the right while he was still beside Hamilton, where else did he think was the car going to go? This is the world championship leader we are talking about. He could not have possibly misjudged it that badly.

Couple with what happened at Monoco, I would have a hard time seeing Rosberg as a worthy champion.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mia 01 View Post
    A normal race incident in the heat the first few laps normaly create, happens in many races.
    I thought exactly the same Mia, but you can't ignore what Mercedes have confirmed this evening
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    Ham spouting off to the press on internal team matters to rally the forces against evil teammates... Rings a bell somehow
    shut up and sort it out on the track!
    United in diversity !!!

4. Likes: Somebody (24th August 2014)
    Wouldn't blame Hamilton to be honest, if your team mate is dumb enough to admit to taking you out, then you need to try and get him punished.

Sad its got to this really.

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Nico got forced off by Hamilton in the last race .
    He said before this race that he had learned a lot .

I believe what Nico meant by his words was that he would not be intimidated into backing out when he was beside his team mate .

That's well different to saying he would crash him out deliberately .

Lewis expected him to back out .
    He didn't .

I hope Lewis learned something in this race , just like Nico did in the last one .

7. Likes: Koz (25th August 2014),Mia 01 (24th August 2014),N4D13 (24th August 2014),Somebody (24th August 2014),tjoepie (26th August 2014)
    Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    http://www.autosport...t.php/id/115558

"Nico felt he needed to hold his line. He needed to make a point, and for Lewis, it was clearly not him who needed to be aware of Nico," said Wolff.

"[Rosberg] didn't give in. He thought it was for Lewis to leave him space, and that Lewis didn't leave him space.

"So they agreed to disagree in a very heated discussion amongst ourselves, but it wasn't deliberately crashing. That is nonsense."

A racing incident, Totos words

9. Likes: Koz (25th August 2014),N4D13 (24th August 2014),steveaki13 (24th August 2014)
    Banned
    Liked 152 Times in 123 Posts
    Now it's all a big misunderstanding.

F1: Wolff says Hamilton misinterpreted Rosberg : http://racer.com/f1/item/107825-wolf...misinterpreted

We will probably never know the exact truth of what was actually said. Everyone is going to spin it differently.

For me that second crank of the wheel towards Hamilton told the story. How can the team look at that and then still believe Nico was just simply not giving way?

11. Likes: N4D13 (24th August 2014)
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
    Now it's all a big misunderstanding.

F1: Wolff says Hamilton misinterpreted Rosberg : http://racer.com/f1/item/107825-wolf...misinterpreted

We will probably never know the exact truth of what was actually said. Everyone is going to spin it differently.

For me that second crank of the wheel towards Hamilton told the story. How can the team look at that and then still believe Nico was just simply not giving way?
    Expect this from Wolff as he does not want his driver banned but yes it's the second crank - no different to Jerez 97 - it told the full story! I just hope the FIA get involved and ban him!

One thing for sure, Hamilton is coming out of this looking squeaky clean! He really learned from 2007.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; 24th August 2014 at 22:17.

Whatever went on innocent or guilty, the FIA will not ban him. IMO

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post
    Whatever went on innocent or guilty, the FIA will not ban him. IMO
    Unfortunately they probably don't have the balls but for consistency they should!