Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Why did Nico choose the words he did ?
    If we take Hamilton's version , as confirmed by the team as correct , "I could have avoided it." , we also need to note that it mentions that Rosberg put the blame on Hamilton first off .
    Nico is saying he set up for the corner , and Hamilton never intended to allow for this possibility .
    He was not backing out , and the stewards must have agreed that he had the right to do what he did .

The team also said that it was rubbish that Nico deliberately took Lewis off .
    Some here are forgetting that important piece of info .

Merc are quite right to be angry at Nico .
    He did "prove a point" with what he did .

But , perhaps he might have done it in a less aggravating way , like talking about it in a team meeting .
    Oh , that's right , Lewis said they had had a meeting before the race where Nico came in all angry about the last race , and Lewis dismissed the ire , saying he couldn't believe Nico was still on about all that stuff in the past .

There are two drivers involved here , and both were deemed at fault .

2. Likes: donKey jote (29th August 2014),Mia 01 (29th August 2014)
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    I laugh at some people here and how they somehow feel an incident that happened 4 weeks previous, of which Nico The Cheat had no right to feel aggrieved by anyway, is somehow used as a justification for another incident 4 weeks later. If Nico the Cheat was fuming about Hungary 4 weeks later after looking back at the race and listening to the radio excerpts then he really is a tool. Lewis did the right thing, as confirmed by the team and anyone that isn't trying to make the whole story into a sensation, by saying he'd allow him through but he had to get close enough. Lewis was fighting Alonso and Ricciardo, he couldn't afford to lose 1.5 seconds while waiting for Nico the Cheat to pass and Nico the Cheat simply wasn't able to close the gap. It's as straight forward and down the line as it gets and I personally feel Lewis acted appropriately as do the rest of the Mercedes management and F1 world.

Fast forward 4 weeks, if after looking at the footage he still felt aggrieved and had been stewing on it then he really is an awful tool. It's not Lewis's role to go over to Nico the Cheat and pat him on the back and say "Do you feel aggrieved my dear German schmuck? Oh you poor little thing. Let me get a fresh nappy and Kleenex for you". It's up to Nico the Cheat to cry a river, build a bridge and get the fuck over it. Be a man, just like Lewis has done with this by saying he will not retaliate on Nico the Cheat.

If he really does win this WDC it really will be the most deserving title in many, many years considering all the obstacles he's had to come through. All he has to do is have the points gap less than 13 in Abu Dhabi. Given his amazing ability around AD I have no doubt he'll take the title there should Nico the Cheat still be leading and send that spoiled little German back home to Monaco to cry about it to Keke.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; 29th August 2014 at 15:10.

4. Likes: driveace (29th August 2014)
    Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    Well said ! With the facts too
    Nico never got over Hungary ,he was not near enough by a country mile to expect Lewis to slow and let him pass ! He moaned"Why is he not letting me pass" You thick tool,You were at NO time near enough to try a pass ! If it has been on his mind for the last 4 weeks ,then he is a spoilt brat !!!
    He was seething at Spa that he was SO slow away ,and was overtaken by TWO cars ,the horns were protruding through his helmet and the "Red Mist" appeared ,he knew as sure as shit is shit ,there was NO way past Lewis if he got away and 4 seconds in front,so he took him out !! He cheated at Monaco,we all know that now ,and gets away with it ,then cheats in Spa and gets away with it again .Can i please borrow his Rosary Beads Rosberg ,as some body .,besides Mercedes is on his shoulder !! But then again a famous Brazilian (Bless Him ) ,thought HE had the lord on his shoulder too

So, as predicted, Nico the Cheat gets away with it:

http://en.espnf1.com/mercedes/motors...ry/173017.html

Issues empty apology that means nothing:

http://en.espnf1.com/mercedes/motors...ry/173031.html
    Last edited by The Black Knight; 29th August 2014 at 15:51.

Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Let me get a fresh nappy and Kleenex for you".
    It's not Rosberg that needs the fresh nappy and Kleenex.

8. Likes: Mia 01 (29th August 2014),N4D13 (29th August 2014)
    Quote Originally Posted by journeyman racer View Post
    It's not Rosberg that needs the fresh nappy and Kleenex.
    Hahaha

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    This is what has happened; http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/115620

Quote Originally Posted by Mercedes
    Furthermore, it emerged that Rosberg accepted blame for the crash with Hamilton, and apologised.
    Last edited by SGWilko; 29th August 2014 at 16:01.
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    An acceptance of blame is all any of us expected or wanted. Credit to Nico for that I think. Not sure what disciplinary action they could have taken apart from fining him a few weeks wages. None of it is going to give Hamilton the points he lost back so it's best to move on and hope the gap can once again be closed. It'll be quite bitter at the end if the season if it can't I think but for now they need to focus and forget it IMO.

12. Likes: Tazio (29th August 2014),truefan72 (29th August 2014)
    Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Nico The Cheat Nico the Cheat Nico the Cheat Nico the Cheat Nico the Cheat German schmuck Nico the Cheat to cry a river, build a bridge and get the fuck over it Nico the Cheat.
    Nico the Cheat spoiled little German back home to Monaco to cry about it to Keke.
    :yawn:
    how about applying at last some of your post to yourself
    United in diversity !!!

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Lewis said this :
    "Nico and I accept that we have both made mistakes and I feel it would be wrong to point fingers and say which one is worse than the other. "

That's what the stewards said , too , basically .