Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts

Daniel Ricciardo closing in on Mercedes 1-2

Just as some fun, Daniel is driving brilliantly lately and he is closing on Lewis very quickly now.

Unlikely he can win the World Title, but he is closing in and second could easily be on. One retirement from Nico and who knows.

What say y'all
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    To be in title contention he only needs to be within 50 points of the championship leader at Abu Dhabi.

Right now he is 64 points behind Rosberg, and 35 behind Hamilton.

Mercedes need to not be complacent, they are a long way from winning the title yet.

3. Likes: airshifter (25th August 2014)
    Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Give Mercedes a spygate and Ricciardo will take the title.

5. Likes: TheFamousEccles (27th August 2014)
    Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
    The Mercedes car advantage is too great but it would be a win for the ages if he somehow pinched it from the guys in silver.

Let's say he's 49 points behind Rosberg going into the final round. Rosberg and Hamilton trip over each other at end up in the wall. Ricciardo wins the race and the WDC by a point. A great world championship win or an injustice of the double points rule?
    Forza Ferrari!!

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    Mercedes NEED to talk some sense into their drivers .The bulls were nowhere at the start of the season and now through Riciardo they are becoming very strong contenders
    Mercedes will need to put these drivers on a Million pound fine scheme ,if they cause their team mate off the track or drive stupidly causing a team mate not to be able to continue ,then thats a million pound fine They would sure understand that !

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    I think Ricciardo has a chance. It will mean Seb helping him, but if that can happen. You never know
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Banned
    Liked 152 Times in 123 Posts
    The way Mercedes has so little control over their drivers, it's not impossible to believe that Nico and Lewis will crash each other out of the next three races.

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
    If Rosberg is in the car at Monza after Merc reportedly confirmed HAM's comments, I'll be shocked. The FIA can't NOT whack him hard for a premeditated collision.

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
    If Rosberg is in the car at Monza after Merc reportedly confirmed HAM's comments, I'll be shocked. The FIA can't NOT whack him hard for a premeditated collision.
    How do you know what Rosberg said at the meeting? Wanting to make a point is not the same as wanting to cause an accident. Toto Wolff said: "So they agreed to disagree in a very heated discussion amongst ourselves, but it wasn't deliberately crashing."

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/207980/...iberately.html

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
    That is not going to happen.

Yes it was Rosbergs fault, but it was more of a clumsy mistake than anything else. It wasn't on purpose or intentional, it was just silly. Rosberg pulled out of the overtake, but then pulled back in to quickly and made contact. Just a mistake. And ultimately a racing incident.

Rosberg is leading the WDC and as much as the team are upset with him at the moment and will make sure he apologises to Hamilton, there will be no losing seats or anything like that. The team want to win the WCC and WDC. That's all that matters.

Maybe in the future Rosberg will have to hand a win to Hamilton. Maybe that's a deal that will be done behind closed doors. Who knows. Would be a reasonable outcome.

The FIA will do nothing about it as it was really a racing incident.

Oh... and I'm on Ricciardo at 100/1 to win the WDC so if Rosberg sat a race out, I would be rather satisfied, but it's not going to happen... and shouldn't.
    Ayrton Senna, Legend. R.I.P.

\"If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver. Because we are competing. We are competing to win. And the main motivation to all of us is to compete for a victory. It is not to come third, fourth, fifth or sixth. I race to win\".