Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    So I've been reading a little more and Nico is now saying that perhaps he did it on purpose, or at least considered it an acceptable risk at the time...? wow.
    Ayrton Senna, Legend. R.I.P.

\"If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver. Because we are competing. We are competing to win. And the main motivation to all of us is to compete for a victory. It is not to come third, fourth, fifth or sixth. I race to win\".

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    How is he winning all these races?

(don't get me wrong I liked his driving and did see his first 2 wins properly, last night was only in bits n pieces)
    He is doing pretty well in a race, consistently quick and steady..and towards the end suddenly he has a go at a couple of the leaders and leads the race for the last 2/3 laps! (not yesterday)
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

3. Likes: journeyman racer (25th August 2014)
    Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    Just remember, it'd be Vettel in this position, if he'd been able to run in the dry on Friday.

The way it's going, Hamilton may be used to protect Rosberg from a challenge from Ricciardo!

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Yes, lets not let that cheating German over shadow entirely that this was actually another amazing race from Daniel Ricciardo. What a talent he is turning out to be. Three race wins and ripping apart a guy who should have never been a 4 time world chamption on a continual basis. It's great to watch and I'm really excited about Ricciardo's future in F1. Great drive Ricciardo - liking him more and more by the minute.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    If both Mercedes drivers keeping knocking lumps out of each other a sneaky Ricciardo title bid might be worth it. Especially with this stupid 50 points on the last race.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    I think if it got to the point Lewis couldn't win, I'd cheer Ricciardo all the way. That would be quite amusing in fact and would leave Mercedes with a difficult decision to make too.

Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by driveace View Post
    Mercedes NEED to talk some sense into their drivers .The bulls were nowhere at the start of the season and now through Riciardo they are becoming very strong contenders
    Mercedes will need to put these drivers on a Million pound fine scheme ,if they cause their team mate off the track or drive stupidly causing a team mate not to be able to continue ,then thats a million pound fine They would sure understand that !
    Ross Braun must be enjoying the schadenfreude. Maybe just a little? This season has shown that Mercedes managment are impotent and Toto Wolff needs to start fishing or go and cut some bait.

And I have nothing to base this on, but if it came to the situation where Dan needed Vettel to play wing man, I recon he would - no questions asked.

This has been a fantastic season so far, not the least for DR33 the giant killer.

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFamousEccles View Post
    And I have nothing to base this on, but if it came to the situation where Dan needed Vettel to play wing man, I recon he would - no questions asked.
    I think Rosberg is playing wing man just fine

Banned
    Liked 152 Times in 123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFamousEccles View Post
    This season has shown that Mercedes managment are impotent and Toto Wolff needs to start fishing or go and cut some bait.
    Maybe you "misinterpreted" what he was saying.

I can't believe how badly the team has mishandled the whole situation. We are talking about billions of dollars here, and they are letting that and all the hard work slip away because management is too weak to lay down the law to it's drivers.

The biggest surprise for me has been how little Lauda has had to say. I figured by now he would have roasted someone.

11. Likes: TheFamousEccles (28th August 2014)