Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFamousEccles View Post
    Hamilton. Without question. The race and the spin emanating from him and his acolytes post race is a measure of the man. He should have just grown a pair and finished the race as best as he could, rather than speeding back to the pits, ensuring that his deflated tyre shredded and flailed the under-tray was - at best - a rookie mistake but more likely the act of a petulant hot-head fuming that his usual tactic of forcing a yield or crash scenario didn't work this time. Pleading to be alowed to quit and sulk is unbecoming for someone at the tip of the sport.

Rosberg telegraphed his intentions before the race that he wasn't going to be suckered into the yield or crash thing (a la Bahrain) and the Hamilton apologists are all surprised that he did what he said he would. I have tried to like Hamilton but I just cant. Undoubtedly a gifted race driver, a natural if you will. But this implies that he is instinctive so when his brain enters the equation then much angst ensues. I can't wait until he leaves F1. The world will be better for it.

This post isn't simply flame-bait. I have read a lot on the internets from many sources regarding this incident and I see a pattern is forming. Ask Alonzo, Button and now Rosberg.

Between this and your follow up post I can understand your frustrations and dislike for Hamilton. Though I haven't reached the level of dislike you have.... yet.... I have often said he is his own worst enemy. I think it's been made clear by Nico that he wants a title, and at Spa both drivers did a stupid thing expecting the other to yield. Though I blame the incident primarily on Nico, Lewis should have known better too, and both should have finished the race without damage to either car.

The only thing that keeps me wanting to like Hamilton is that when his head is right, he can be amazing on track at times. I terms of racecraft he can be one of the best in the field.

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    "Whatever the case I will always put the team first and I won't take anything in to my own hands.”
    Lewis just said that .

Polishing it a touch , isn't he ?

Quiet , Lewis . Inside voice .

Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
    His repeated requests to retire the car weren't becoming of a former world champion. Even if there was a tactical reason to do so (save mileage on the engine), it's not what you expect to hear from someone fighting for a championship. As with Vettel on occasion Hamilton has a tendency to sulk when he feels slighted. A forgivable trait I suppose but easy ammo for those who don't like the man for whatever reason.
    Forza Ferrari!!

4. Likes: Mia 01 (28th August 2014),N4D13 (27th August 2014)
    Banned
    Liked 152 Times in 123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon View Post
    His repeated requests to retire the car weren't becoming of a former world champion. Even if there was a tactical reason to do so (save mileage on the engine), it's not what you expect to hear from someone fighting for a championship.
    Hamilton said he could not even keep up with the Saubers, so I can understand why he would want to save the engine. If you are the slowest guy on the track, there's not much hope of scoring point, so be smart and save the equipment. After all, you need it in good shape for Monza.

6. Likes: N4D13 (27th August 2014),truefan72 (27th August 2014)
    Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88 View Post
    He's also not the only sulky driver. Look at Vettel, Rosberg, Alonso, they have all whinged in the press but don't get the kick back Hamilton seems to.
    Alonso didn't get kick back, no, not much. You must have blinked and missed it.
    ... But maybe it was cos 'e was spic
    United in diversity !!!

8. Likes: Tazio (28th August 2014),Warriwa (28th August 2014)
    Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    I think the fact English isn't everybody's first language here means points are often missed. I'd be lying if I said I had a clue what that means Donks, sorry

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    Maybe English isn't your first language...
    United in diversity !!!

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    I'm pretty sure it isn't lol.

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donKey jote View Post
    ... But maybe it was cos 'e was spic
    Takes one to know one

C'mon Hennie' you know what a greasy little spic is