Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Liked 1,082 Times in 604 Posts
    Magnussen. He was weaving like a bus driver out there.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

2. Likes: Tazio (25th August 2014)
    Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Hard to pick a donkey after hearing what happened to Felipe.

Magnusson got really aggressive with Fred, but it's not something Fred wouldn't have done himself.

The near the end nose busting by Alonso was uncommon and his mistake, but no need for a donkey nomination after a drive like that.

Vettel drove a solid race, but just got outrun by Daniel, as did everyone else.

If Nico in fact admitted he allowed the collision to prove a point.... that's a donkey nomination. But I'm not yet sure if he did that.

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Koz View Post
    Merc for leaving Hammy out.
    Wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by driveace View Post
    Merc for keeping Hamilton out ,when there was little if NO chance of a safety car too
    Wrong.

Mark Webber was an entire lap down at the Nurburgring last year, and gained that lap back under a later safety car and ended up finishing 7th.

Hamilton wasn't that fortunate, but if a safety car came out around the middle of the race then he could have bagged decent points.

Mercedes did nothing wrong here.

5. Likes: airshifter (25th August 2014),N4D13 (25th August 2014)
    Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N4D13 View Post
    Was he? The penalty destroyed his race through no fault of his own. Besides, if it hadn't been because of that moment on the grass in Kemmel (which I'm not going to blame on either driver because I didn't get to watch a replay), he would have been fifth to Kimi's fourth. Not bad considering what he had to deal with today.
    No fault of his own? Ricciardo received a 10 grid penalty earlier in the year because a wheel fell off his car and went tumbling down pit lane.

Not enough that he didn't finish that race and received zero points. The FIA decided to pull him 10 grid spots at the follow race. So that was two races he was hampered on through no fault of his own.

At least the Ferrari in this instance, they CHOSE to stay out on the track to try and get Alonso moving again. I realise it was the team, and not Alonso himself, but it was a conscious decision to break the rules. When Ricciardo's wheel went flying, this was a mistake in pit lane which caused the driver to not finish the race.

So when I hear about people whining that it wasn't Alonso's fault, I kinda laugh.

Oh.... DONKEY....
    Mercedes for keeping Hamilton out there in a broken car.
    Rosberg for causing an accident through incompetence.
    Vettel for yet again being handed his arse by his teammate.
    Ayrton Senna, Legend. R.I.P.

\"If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver. Because we are competing. We are competing to win. And the main motivation to all of us is to compete for a victory. It is not to come third, fourth, fifth or sixth. I race to win\".

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    I wish to retract my Massa mention, as its clear he had issues yesterday.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Donkey – definitely Rosberg for being a dirty cheat.

Vettel for being shown up yet again.

Maldonado because he is always a donkey.

Finally, Eddie Jordan for being a gutless twat in the interview and defending Rosberg when he clearly didn't deserve defending.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; 25th August 2014 at 10:32.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Finally, Eddie Jordan for being a gutless twat in the interview and defending Rosberg when he clearly didn't deserve defending.
    Thats really not on is it. EJ did a good job. At that stage most of us feel it was a racing incident.

Even now we can't be sure until Mercedes say either way.

I think of all the things going on, to label EJ as gutless is just venting your frustration very childishly.

10. Likes: gm99 (25th August 2014)
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post
    Thats really not on is it. EJ did a good job. At that stage most of us feel it was a racing incident.

Even now we can't be sure until Mercedes say either way.

I think of all the things going on, to label EJ as gutless is just venting your frustration very childishly.
    You're welcome to that opinion and I don't think most people were of the feeling that it was a racing incident judging from twitter and most social media either.

As for EJ he changed is mind 3 times in the space of about 20 minutes first he said "This is not a sport for racing drivers". Then the Hamilton interview came on and he said "I agree with all the points he makes" and that he would have to hear the interview again to make a final decision. I used to love Jordan because he would cut out the crap and tell it like it is. Now eitehr he doesn't have the guts to do it anymore or he's just can't make up his mind.

I did think it was a racing incident to start with, then when I heard what had been said at Merc's meeting I was pretty unhappy with Rosberg's actions.

However have Mercedes confirmed that it was an intentional collision? I mean its pretty clear now that Nico could have avoided it, which takes him down in my estimations.

Anyway my point was that Eddie was on the podium before all this meeting stuff and as an FIA representative it was hard for him to go up there and say "So Nico your a cheating ****"

He handle that situation well IMO

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    Hamilton for crying to the masses and the FIA instead of sorting it out on the track. Totally unnecessary: This is an internal Merc matter and he should know he is better than Ros.

Also Mercedes for not having their drivers in grip.
    United in diversity !!!