Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Right now I don't fell like either one of these freakin' guys deserve to win the freakin' title

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post
    hmmmmm......

Hamilton deserved to be crashed off?

I seem to remember you being up in arms, when Garry wanted Vettel to be crashed off.

Funny that
    I'm, not saying Ham deserves to be crashed out and he wasn't - he merely got his tyre sliced. Isn't it Lewis who's so keen to compare himself to Senna? What Nico did was Senna's modus operandi all through his career - stick the nose in and blackmail the other driver into a simple choice - back off or have a crash. He probably thought Nico would keel over at the last minute because he's not 'hungry' enough, but he was proven wrong. Simple as that. He got some of the same medicine he dished out in Bahrain. Back then Nico backed off. Lewis didn't and paid the price, because he mistook his team mate for a push-over.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Hard to pick a driver of the day. Though there were some mistakes made here and there, there were some freaking incredible passes in out of the ordinary places. Fred was hounding people like his car was on rails, and several good side by side passes took place with him and others.

I'll have to say everyone that finished in the top eight, including Magnusson. Every one of them earned their pay at Spa.

Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster View Post
    I'm, not saying Ham deserves to be crashed out and he wasn't - he merely got his tyre sliced. Isn't it Lewis who's so keen to compare himself to Senna? What Nico did was Senna's modus operandi all through his career - stick the nose in and blackmail the other driver into a simple choice - back off or have a crash. He probably thought Nico would keel over at the last minute because he's not 'hungry' enough, but he was proven wrong. Simple as that. He got some of the same medicine he dished out in Bahrain. Back then Nico backed off. Lewis didn't and paid the price, because he mistook his team mate for a push-over.
    Getting into a pissing contest with Hamilton over who has the biggest balls isn't the smartest way to win a championship. Rosberg could quite easily have damaged his own car beyond repair by not conceding the corner (which was never his).
    Forza Ferrari!!

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gm99 View Post
    And honourable mention to Eddie Jordan for calling the "fans" who were booing Rosberg on the podium to order!
    Agreed! Eddie handled that really well. We all knew why they were doing it, but it was still unsavoury. Really glad Eddie was doing the interviews, someone a little softer may have handled it poorly.
    Ayrton Senna, Legend. R.I.P.

\"If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver. Because we are competing. We are competing to win. And the main motivation to all of us is to compete for a victory. It is not to come third, fourth, fifth or sixth. I race to win\".

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    Driver of the day was Ricciardo for sure.

Hons. to Bottas and Kimi. Great to see Kimi finally get a decent result! Also to see Button having some fun out there.

As for Massa...? 13th? In a Mercedes powered Williams? Was he asleep?
    Ayrton Senna, Legend. R.I.P.

\"If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver. Because we are competing. We are competing to win. And the main motivation to all of us is to compete for a victory. It is not to come third, fourth, fifth or sixth. I race to win\".

Quote Originally Posted by Ari View Post

As for Massa...? 13th? In a Mercedes powered Williams? Was he asleep?
    Nope!
    There were contrasting fortunes for the Williams drivers in Spa, who were separated by over 45 seconds at the chequered flag. Valtteri Bottas enjoyed a strong run to his fourth podium finish of the season. But what happened to the team’s other car?
    Felipe Massa qualified ninth, three places behind his team mate, and they were still in the same positions at the end of lap one. That’s when things went wrong for Massa, following the collision between the two Mercedes drivers.
    “Unfortunately at the beginning of the race I had some tyre debris stuck in the floor that came from Hamilton’s car,” he explained. “This made the car very slow, losing about two seconds per lap.”
    Massa was passed by Jenson Button and Sergio Perez, and the problem didn’t get better after his first pit stop because his team hadn’t noticed what was wrong with his car.
    The debris was removed when Massa came in for his second pit stop on lap 21. “After that I was nearly three seconds quicker and the fastest car on track,” said Massa, “but at this point it was too late for me to really do anything”.
    Massa’s lap times were significantly quicker after that second pit stop. But he still had one more stop to make – his final stop with nine laps to go dropped him behind Nico Hulkenberg and Jean-Eric Vergne, where he finished.
    Williams’ head of performance engineering Rob Smedley said Massa was “incredibly unlucky” and the debris “probably cost him about 40 seconds in total with his compromised pace and strategy”.
    http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2014/08/2...ix-lap-charts/

8. Likes: Ari (26th August 2014)
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    Nope!
    This is probably the first time I've seen Massa have bad luck where it actually was bad luck, unlike all his other races where he claims he's not at fault but he actually is, like Germany.

Ricciardo gets my driver of the day today - no questions asked. Just splendid from the Ozzie. Great drive from Raikkonen too - extracted the maximum from his Ferrari.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster View Post
    He wasn't crashed out, but come on. He was basically put out of scoring many/any points.

Also I doubt Hamilton knew exactly where Rosberg was. You look at the side by side shot and Nico had half a wheel and front wing overlapping the back tyre of Hamilton's car.

Hardly side by side.

Anyway this is all meaningless until we get confirmation or denial that Rosberg did it on purpose.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    This is probably the first time I've seen Massa have bad luck where it actually was bad luck, unlike all his other races where he claims he's not at fault but he actually is, like Germany.

Ricciardo gets my driver of the day today - no questions asked. Just splendid from the Ozzie. Great drive from Raikkonen too - extracted the maximum from his Ferrari.
    It wasn't bad luck when Kimi, driving like a lunatic at Silverstone earlier this season crashed Massa out of the race?
    Last edited by Tazio; 25th August 2014 at 13:48.

12. Likes: Duncan (25th August 2014)