Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Rally books. What have you got?

Well I thought I'd resurrect this thread from the old days seeing as it is that time of year when the rallying annuals start to hit the shelves.

Picked up my copy of the Epynt book at the weekend and I have to say it is one occassion when you can believe the hype! Even if you arnt a British rally fan and only know the Epynt ranges for thier use on the Rally GB then you will still love this book. The photos are in the main stunning and the images are linked to the text with anecdotes and wild stories from the likes of Ari Vatenen, Nicky Grist,Rusell Brookes and many more. I can highly recommend putting this on your Xmas list!

http://www.griffinrally.com/epynt.html

Regarding the usual annuals etc. I was speaking to Maurice Selden at the weekend and World Rallying is at the printers as we speak. Am sure that this book which is always the first on my list will be up to the usual high standards!

Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts
    My dad has got a whole heap of rallying books which is keeps meaning to put on ebay but never gets around to
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    I've got 8 Rallycourse now but I'm always looking on ebay for more and hopefully I will have the full set by this time next year.

Also got the first 3 'Slideshow' books by Mcklien. If they keep running that then having 10 or 15 of those will be an impressive sight. Apparently they are changing the layout a bit this year does anyone know to what extent?
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Slideshow 2006 (McKlein's year book) is now at printing, so will be available soon.

This year, it will be month by month and no more event by event, but the layout will be the same as usual.
    Thierry
    La violence est le dernier refuge de l'incompétence

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    I always thought old Rallycourses on eBay are overpriced compared to World Rallyings, considering the contents of the books. But of course I'm a results nutter and no annual can beat World Rallying in that respect I've still got six WRs to go, plus this year's one of course, to complete the full set.
    RallyBase Rallying Results: http://www.rallybase.nl/
    WRC results and classifications 1973-2006
    Also with ERC results 1992-2005.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Never collected Rallycourse until about 3 years ago as always used to buy World Rallying. Apart from the 86 edition which cost me £40 and is mint, havnt had to pay stupid money. As a lot of Rallycourses were remainded have paid an average of £10-£15 per book and they are all mint/excellent.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    "Groupe B: Les voitures interdites" (French)
    "Rallyes: Anecdotes & Histoires vécues" (French)
    "L'Année Automobile 1982-1983" (Spanish edition)
    "L'Année Automobile 1983-1984" (Spanish edition)
    "Rally Yearbook 2005-2006" (English)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Night Moves and Epynt (in which there is a pic of me ) anyone got a copy of Nineteen to the Dozen at sensible money?

Got a couple of Rally Course and Pirelli magazines but cant see the fascination with them personally
    Mull Car Club
    Sandy Loynd - Tob 11

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Full set of Rallycourse
    World Rallying 2-28
    Slideshow 1-3
    Rally
    Rally Cars
    + others
    I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have Slideshow 2006 and the 2006 Rally Yearbook on order to keep my collections complete. I'd love to have the Rallycourse and Pirelli World Rallying books but haven't bought any as a) I have no shelf space as it is and b) I'm a completist and would want the full set which would mean a lot of spending!

Sounds like the Epynt book is a good buy so might add that to my Christmas list.