Page 79 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
    Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    Let's all hope for a better 2016 gadjo..
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

2. Likes: donKey jote (3rd January 2016)
    Liked 78 Times in 73 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    Let's all hope for a better 2016 gadjo..
    Seconded
    Duncan Rollo

The more you learn, the more you realise how little you know.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gadjo_dilo View Post
    No, Jens. For me 2016 will be worse.
    Matter of fact it already started the wrong way.
    But I've learned to survive, I'm stronger than I ever thought.
    "Stubborn machedoanca" as my coworkers would say.....
    Ability to survive is a very good and valuable skill! So in my view that's a big positive already

Liked 169 Times in 131 Posts
    Hi guys and girl(s?), just wanted to drop by having been away a few months. A lot has been happening. But reading some previous pages, I think I'm guilty of feeling a bad situation is just the absolute pits and I forget other people are suffering and far worse...

Quote Originally Posted by jens View Post
    Ability to survive is a very good and valuable skill! So in my view that's a big positive already
    Yes I have to agree, it's a very underrated skill I think. Sometimes it's no longer about pushing the envelope but simply holding firm to what you have, and remaining. That Rocky quote that it's not about the winning, it's about how much you can take and keep walking, I think about that a lot.

Jens I have (re)seen the PM you sent ages ago, it finally clicked I hadn't responded - now fixed.

Last minutes of 2015, probably the saddest year of my life. I want to thank to all those who stood by me in this period and wish you a happy new year.

To those whom I was wrong I ask forgiveness.
    To those whom I have been helpful, I wish I could have done more.
    To those whom I neglected, I ask understanding.
    To those who helped me I thank from my soul.

I wish I was this kind...

Most of us have a kid inside ourselves but aren't tough enough to admit it. That kid in you is the one that make you smile ( in all pictures . ), enjoy even the small things ( like flowers ) and believe that any of us has a good side even if we don't show it.
    I SO agree. I think this is more important than can be understood sometimes. I know I could do with rediscovering my inner child to be honest.

Quite a bit on my mind lately. I've recently become unemployed, which naturally ramps up stress levels. But I'm on a fitness kick lately, so that helps keep things in check. For the above reasons I've been less active on here and in other areas as I've found distractions keeping me busy.

But I still enjoy the forum. Lately more Chit Chat than the F1 forum, seems we agree to disagree more easily in here.
    Airshifter I'm sorry to hear that. Having been out of work for almost 4 years I can understand how it is, but big thumbs up for the fitness, and for doing something. I was out cycling almost every day while not working, averaging 100 miles or more a week usually (can't believe I used to do that now lol!), so I ended up getting pretty fit.

So yeah struggling with poor health these days, I can end up feeling a bit more sorry for myself than I should... I actually collapsed at work Monday night, well not properly, I didn't actually faint, just kinda slumped to the floor. I was actually pretty touched by how kind my colleagues were to me, even though they needed me for the night shift, and they sent me home. I managed to drive back in the end but took an hour and a half to get out of the car. Last time something similar happened but much milder I was made fun of for being lazy and sleeping. As for this forum, I have decided to pretty much leave as having thought about it I'm not sure I want to follow F1 or anything anymore, instead needing to concentrate on my own development and life. I will be 32 next month, and am highly anxious that I don't seem to have achieved anything with my life, or look like anywhere near doing so soon. I no longer feel F1 contributes anything worthwhile to my life, so it is a case of priorities as time is short. Formula 1 does not for me hold the magic and beauty it did when I fell in love with the sport years ago.

I've also been disheartened by what I'd say is the quality of my posts having steadily degraded over time. Having found I also don't currently have the capacity to function properly in a meaningful relationship, I have studied much online and realised I have covert narcissistic personality disorder, which is a horrible truth to face. It ends up having a huge effect on others too.

In fact, I would even urge anyone unaware of this to look it up, to see how you can be so affected and mistreated by people with narcissistic personality disorder and it's subtypes. Here is an example of one of the many videos of youtube on the subject. They really should teach this in schools I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WVLZXLyO-M
    Last edited by rjbetty; 20th January 2016 at 06:45.
    SPAM - Going off topic to give you the deals you don't want.

6. Likes: jens (26th January 2016)
    Liked 387 Times in 327 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rjbetty View Post
    I have studied much online and realised I have covert narcissistic personality disorder, which is a horrible truth to face. It ends up having a huge effect on others too.
    In fact, I would even urge anyone unaware of this to look it up, to see how you can be so affected and mistreated by people with narcissistic personality disorder and it's subtypes. Here is an example of one of the many videos of youtube on the subject. They really should teach this in schools I think.

Ha! If I take after what I read online I'll have all diseases in the world ( plus a few more that haven't been invented yet ).

I will be 32 next month, and am highly anxious that I don't seem to have achieved anything with my life, or look like anywhere near doing so soon.
    You're still young and have plenty of time to achieve ( what? ). What is really important is to stay healthy so try to investigate what's wrong with your body.

As for this forum, I have decided to pretty much leave as having thought about it I'm not sure I want to follow F1 or anything anymore, instead needing to concentrate on my own development and life. I will be 32 next month, and am highly anxious that I don't seem to have achieved anything with my life, or look like anywhere near doing so soon. I no longer feel F1 contributes anything worthwhile to my life, so it is a case of priorities as time is short. Formula 1 does not for me hold the magic and beauty it did when I fell in love with the sport years ago.

Yeah, the forums have become a total boredom. Not because the sports lost their magic but cos the apathy of the forumers hypocritically hidden behind of a being busy excuse.

8. Likes: rjbetty (22nd January 2016)
    Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts

I SO agree. I think this is more important than can be understood sometimes. I know I could do with rediscovering my inner child to be honest.

Airshifter I'm sorry to hear that. Having been out of work for almost 4 years I can understand how it is, but big thumbs up for the fitness, and for doing something. I was out cycling almost every day while not working, averaging 100 miles or more a week usually (can't believe I used to do that now lol!), so I ended up getting pretty fit.

So yeah struggling with poor health these days, I can end up feeling a bit more sorry for myself than I should... I actually collapsed at work Monday night, well not properly, I didn't actually faint, just kinda slumped to the floor. I was actually pretty touched by how kind my colleagues were to me, even though they needed me for the night shift, and they sent me home. I managed to drive back in the end but took an hour and a half to get out of the car. Last time something similar happened but much milder I was made fun of for being lazy and sleeping. As for this forum, I have decided to pretty much leave as having thought about it I'm not sure I want to follow F1 or anything anymore, instead needing to concentrate on my own development and life. I will be 32 next month, and am highly anxious that I don't seem to have achieved anything with my life, or look like anywhere near doing so soon. I no longer feel F1 contributes anything worthwhile to my life, so it is a case of priorities as time is short. Formula 1 does not for me hold the magic and beauty it did when I fell in love with the sport years ago.

I've also been disheartened by what I'd say is the quality of my posts having steadily degraded over time. Having found I also don't currently have the capacity to function properly in a meaningful relationship, I have studied much online and realised I have covert narcissistic personality disorder, which is a horrible truth to face. It ends up having a huge effect on others too.

Life will be full of struggles, but that is part of life. Understanding them and turning them around is what matters. I personally wouldn't pay much attention to online diagnosis, and for that matter am at times wary of in person diagnosis by a doctor.

I've gone through periods of quite a bit of change myself, and as long as that change is what's good for you, that's really all that matters. Personal happiness can come in many forms. For me, if I can look in the mirror and see the kind of person I want to be, that's all that really matters.

But being that you are still young, I'll give you some advice that I think can be very valuable for anyone. Find something that drives you, something you are passionate about for whatever reason. And keep doing it. It really doesn't matter what it is, why it inspires you, or whether anyone else understands it. If it makes you feel complete, relaxed, strong, weak.... none of the emotion matters. That passion will drive you in other aspects and guide you in life. It will always be there, and nobody will be able to take it away. It can give you many things be it strength, peace, resolve, or clarity.

I found that through my jobs over the years, I enjoyed the stress of the high pressure jobs at times. And then I reached a point where I let it consume me. I fooled myself into thinking it was worth it, when in reality it took away from too many areas of my life that I was passionate about. So when my father was terminally ill, my marriage was on the rocks, and the job stress kept piling up, I realized something had to go. And that something was the job. Walking away from a solid salary with great benefits, bonuses, a company car, and expense account wasn't easy. But I regained my life. I would have never believed I could be so relieved to walk away from that money and be under financial stress, but I was.

And during the period I wasn't working, I realized another passion I had missed so much. Helping people in greater need. Through all the stress of the job and situation, I got involved in some outpatient programs to help with the stress and anxiety. And eventually I also figured out that I had been living with PTSD for years, and had never really processed some of the things I had been through in my life. And as a military veteran I was involved in some programs with a lot of other vets. Being my PTSD was non combat related, it was a huge eye opening for me. What I saw as a low point in my life would have been a bright day for many who struggled daily for reasons to stay alive. And it put things in perspective for me. My life is easy in comparison. And I've stayed involved in that program, started locally and now expanding nation wide in the veterans healthcare system. And it's worth it every time I go, knowing that every example might help someone finally find some hope and change their life.

I might have given up some luxuries, had to change some plans financially, and put myself under a different kind of stress. But now I have time to enjoy something I'm actually passionate about, and makes me feel good when I look in the mirror.

10. Likes: donKey jote (21st January 2016),gadjo_dilo (22nd January 2016),jens (26th January 2016),rjbetty (22nd January 2016),Storm (21st January 2016)
    Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts

Talking

Yeah, the forums have become a total boredom. Not because the sports lost their magic but cos the apathy of the forumers hypocritically hidden behind of a being busy excuse.

Mostly it went downhill when a young lady from Romania quit posting. She was the wild child that kept things going around here!

I'll raise my hand and admit I'm one of the ones who got busy and changed priorities in the last year or so. I went to the doctor for my back physio, and when I saw the scale weight couldn't believe it. Through all the stress and issues I had let the weight sneak up on me, and wanted to change it. Starting that day.

In 2015 I lost just shy of 40 pounds. And got back to where I enjoy pushing myself in the physical sense. I actually look forward to working out again for a change. And it gives me a release when I'm stressed out too. I've still got some back issues that I have to be cautious of, but I'm hoping to reach a point of doing some endurance type races.

But if that crazy Romanian girl came back, I'd probably hang out here more. She seemed to keep the rest of the crowd I get along with in here active as well. She's kind of the forum bus driver in a way.

12. Likes: jens (26th January 2016),Storm (21st January 2016)
    Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    I am still just hanging in there. Hi everyone
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

14. Likes: donKey jote (21st January 2016)
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post
    I am still just hanging in there. Hi everyone
    Hi!

Quote Originally Posted by airshifter View Post
    Mostly it went downhill when a young lady from Romania quit posting. She was the wild child that kept things going around here!.
    Don't blame her for your or others lack of interest în the forums. She was here all the time 7/7 and about 24/24, posting at any hour, day or night, from any location being it her working place, home, subway or a queue în a supermarket. Unlike the other members she was never busy, she just went to work doing her job under pressure and being humiliated by the bosses but still finding time to post from time to time and risking her job. Then she went home to take care of an old sick person who hasn't left her bed for 2 years and is totally dependant on her and who's having mental crises that would drive her crazy too.. Still posting between feeding her and changing a diaper because it's disrespectful to don't reply a PM or a post.....
    Until she realized she had 9000 posts ( ironically none of them motorsport related ) and she was talking by herself because, unlike her whose activity offered her all the time în the world, the others were busy. Ironically, the others were also online ( logged or hiding aș „guests” ) but too busy to post a word of two. Then she finally understood they won't be bothered.

Quote Originally Posted by airshifter View Post
    But if that crazy Romanian girl came back, I'd probably hang out here more. She seemed to keep the rest of the crowd I get along with in here active as well. She's kind of the forum bus driver in a way.
    First of all, nobody could be a bus driver without a driving license. And she doesn't have one – no kidding.
    Secondly, you stopped posting on the forums long before she quitted.
    Last, but more hurtful, she sent you an ecard on your birthday and you didn't even bothered to open it ( or at least that's why the feedback messages from the greetings site say ). Neither you did reply to her PM that tried to say this.
    So give me a break, air!......:

17. Likes: donKey jote (21st January 2016),jens (26th January 2016)