Page 40 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast
    Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    How did it go Baggie?
    Why , thanks for asking .

It went very well indeed .

It was pretty ouchy coming out , as , I guess he figured me tough enough to endure it without any freezing .
    I gave a few "Yars" , pirate style , as they unhooked the tether , and removed the harpoon from betwist me ribs .
    So , I guess it's a few more days of healing , and then back to it , to try and get back a little of the muscle mass I've lost whilst sitting on my a$$ for the last month and a half .

There's lots of snow outside to shovel .
    And , there are all those things that I would have accomplished in the time I was down , so I won't be quite so bored in the near future .

Saw a -27C reading on the thermometer this morning on the way to see the doc .
    That turned into a sunshiny , balmy -11C this afternoon , thank goodness .

2. Likes: donKey jote (15th January 2015)
    Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gadjo_dilo View Post
    @Jag Warrior

I have an interesting idea for your date. Tell her you'd like to watch together a movie. Then go to her home ( for coffee of course ) and watch together
    http://streaming.ratmovie.com/play.php?movie=0125022

At least you'll test her sense of humour......

Had dinner. Had a nice time. She seems like she's a very nice and kind person. It reminded me of high school. A girl has a crush on you. You think she's nice but there's no spark (on your part) but you struggle with how to tell her that without hurting her feelings. If I'm too nice then I'm leading her on. If I'm too harsh then I'll hurt her feelings. This is ALL her silly daughter's fault! Pulled the ol' Switcheroo on Jag_Warrior, didn't she?!
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 387 Times in 327 Posts
    Hey.....
    I was about to ask what happened with your date....
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag Warrior
    It reminded me of high school. A girl has a crush on you. You think she's nice but there's no spark (on your part) but you struggle with how to tell her that without hurting her feelings. If I'm too nice then I'm leading her on. If I'm too harsh then I'll hurt her feelings.
    See? It seems I was right about my fears on blind dates......
    However în this case the woman hasn't a crush on you aș she didn't met you before. And the spark.... It's not always love at first sight...
    Sometimes you get to know a person în time and to start to like her/him and then you don't notice her/his low parts anymore

She seems like she's a very nice and kind person.
    Great! Weren't you saying you need more of a friend than of a lover?

This is ALL her silly daughter's fault! Pulled the ol' Switcheroo on Jag_Warrior, didn't she?
    No! No! No! No! No!
    It's only YOUR fault cos you deluded yourself that the young girl could have a crush on you. That's what all ( well. most of ) not so young men think :

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    I may be a little insensitive Jag, but if you do mommy really "good", and teach her how to chirp in the key of yodel, baby girl will hear about it, and want to go family style.
    Trust me on this one!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5znpQLH8vE
    May the forza be with you

I may be a little insensitive Jag, but if you do mommy really "good", and teach her how to chirp in the key of yodel, baby girl will hear about it, and want to go family style.
    Trust me on this one!

How come? Is it what you usually do?

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Only every chance I get!
    May the forza be with you

Hey.....
    I was about to ask what happened with your date....

See? It seems I was right about my fears on blind dates......
    However în this case the woman hasn't a crush on you aș she didn't met you before. And the spark.... It's not always love at first sight...
    Sometimes you get to know a person în time and to start to like her/him and then you don't notice her/his low parts anymore
    Her crush was based on how her daughter portrayed me to her. Plus, it seems that people these days can be pretty darn sneaky while using cell phone cameras - so she did know what I looked like before I met her.

Great! Weren't you saying you need more of a friend than of a lover?
    That part is good... as long as I can guide her in that direction.

No! No! No! No! No!
    It's only YOUR fault cos you deluded yourself that the young girl could have a crush on you. That's what all ( well. most of ) not so young men think :
    It seems that I wasn't so delusional. The mother (in addition to the co-worker) also had a concern that the daughter had a crush on me. If you're flirty, brush up against me as you walk by me, talk about me to your girlfriends at work, send me texts late into the evening, etc., it was safe to assume that something was going on in somebody's head - and it wasn't mine. But I'm honestly glad that she came to her senses. See, I've been down that road before (a woman who wasn't forthcoming about her marital situation) and I just don't play that game. Don't care how hot, pretty or whatever the girl happens to be. I'm not into that sort of dishonesty and potential drama.

Best case: I can establish a friendship with the mom. She really is a nice person. But it will not end well if we go down that road to romance. Trust me on that one. My last girlfriend (also quite a bit younger than me ) decided to press me on the topic of marriage and kids and I ended that one too. This lady won't want (more) kids, but once there's romance, it just makes the inevitable end more unpleasant.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Trust me on this one!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5znpQLH8vE

Only if I go to Thailand on a holiday and use the name "Gunter Wilhelm".

Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior View Post
    Her crush was based on how her daughter portrayed me to her. Plus, it seems that people these days can be pretty darn sneaky while using cell phone cameras - so she did know what I looked like before I met her.

Then you must be really good looking.....

It seems that I wasn't so delusional. The mother (in addition to the co-worker) also had a concern that the daughter had a crush on me. If you're flirty, brush up against me as you walk by me, talk about me to your girlfriends at work, send me texts late into the evening, etc., it was safe to assume that something was going on in somebody's head - and it wasn't mine.
    My sick imagination already figure out the hot girl laying on her conjugal bed texting to you late into the night while her husband turned his back to her and is heavily snoring......
    (Sorry, I know it's mean....)
    See, I've been down that road before (a woman who wasn't forthcoming about her marital situation) and I just don't play that game.
    hey....your life is everything but boring.....
    Best case: I can establish a friendship with the mom. She really is a nice person. But it will not end well if we go down that road to romance. Trust me on that one. My last girlfriend (also quite a bit younger than me ) decided to press me on the topic of marriage and kids and I ended that one too. This lady won't want (more) kids, but once there's romance, it just makes the inevitable end more unpleasant.
    Why are you so worried about romance? At the end of the day why do you go out with a woman? Just for sex?
    :

Liked 49 Times in 43 Posts
    Why are you so worried about romance? At the end of the day why do you go out with a woman? Just for sex?
    :
    When you are past a certain point you realize that all romances end in the same way. With that, it's quite sad starting a romance and already anticipating the breakup. If I imagine for a second I'm not married, I would only want a relationship with a strong friendship component and less "romance" or just a cynical one night stand.

I guess I talk like an old geezer, and for a reason. Last night we celebrated the birthday of a guy from our company who turned 40. The joke of the evening was that he made a successful transfer from the happy Slightly Past Thirty club to the sad Almost Fifty club. On top of that I had a lot of beer, and in the morning it shows, also reminding me of my age.
    Llibertat