Page 21 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
    Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    "Planted" my mom yesterday .

It's an appropriate term for a life long gardener .

Never really realized just how many clubs , associations and community events she was involved with over the years .
    And , not just involved , she was often the president or chairperson , as she wanted to see good things get done , not just talked about .
    It wasn't really her way to want to add it all up , as far as I can figure .

Her way was to help , because she could .

So , everybody , be good to people , and help if you can , just because you can .

2. Likes: airshifter (22nd November 2014),donKey jote (21st November 2014),journeyman racer (25th November 2014)
    Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post

Never really realized just how many clubs , associations and community events she was involved with over the years .
    And , not just involved , she was often the president or chairperson , as she wanted to see good things get done , not just talked about .

So , everybody , be good to people , and help if you can , just because you can .
    A tough time for you Bagwan, I hope you celebrated her life and have many happy memories. Any Gardener must have a wonderful outlook in my experience.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post

I think it's safe to say your mom would be proud that you can take such an event and use it as a reminder to people that they should be good to one another. Having a teenage daughter we try to teach her a lot of things that will help her in life, but at the end of the day if she is a good person is the real measure of if we succeeded as parents.

As for me, I'm wondering why I'm up so early and contemplating doing some work on a weekend that I should relax some.

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Friends helping .

Thanks , guys .

Liked 387 Times in 327 Posts
    Could I be more insensitive? On tv I see news about a big earthquake in my hometowm and I' didn't feel it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Wow. I have always wondered what an earth quake would feel like. I guess you can't tell me Gadjo
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 387 Times in 327 Posts
    I can tell how you may feel a 7.1 on Richter scale one. You'll probably pee your pants.

Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    I bought a ticket to attend next year's Cricket World Cup final. Stoked. I'll also be attending India/South Africa and Bangladesh/Sri Lanka. Yet make up my mind on attending other games.

Liked 165 Times in 131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by journeyman racer View Post
    I bought a ticket to attend next year's Cricket World Cup final. Stoked. I'll also be attending India/South Africa and Bangladesh/Sri Lanka. Yet make up my mind on attending other games.
    Hope you'll be supporting NZ against India in the final

Just heard about Phil Hughes on the news this morning - terrible, terrible news. I hope he recovers from the injury and gets back to cricket as soon as possible.

Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anfield5 View Post
    Hope you'll be supporting NZ against India in the final
    I would support NZ in that final. Don't think because I'm Australian, that I want to see Australia in the final.