Threaded View

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gadjo_dilo View Post
    No offence but I always wondered why some middle aged or old men think that young girls may have a crush on them.......
    Well, "young" is relative. If I asked a girl out and she said, "OK, but can you drop me off at cheerleading practice first and will you have me home by 10PM curfew?" - I would figure that would be a bit too young for me. As for why some girls in their 20's are attracted to some guys in their 40's+... I guess it depends on the girl and the guy. Older guys (some) have stable jobs, money, cars, homes and may be up for some adventure... and can pay the bill to do it. Attracting a younger (in her 20's) girl isn't really all that hard. But she may be a gold-digger. Some guys are OK with that. I am not. I don't have time for that.

But in this case, the girl has yet to admit to me that she's married (someone I know who knows her told me yesterday) and she was always (tastefully) flirty and would send me texts up into the night. A girl who sends me texts at 9 or 10PM... well, I don't know that I'd be able to pull that off if I was married. But hey, I went out with a woman in Texas for several months (when I was in town on business) before I found out she was married. She never told me - one of her co-workers clued me in that she was married and even had a kid! So I just stopped calling her. Why did she do that? I guess I used to be kinda fun. And a cheater will cheat if there's some fun to be had.

Jag Warrior why did you accept a blind date? Why didn't you exchange a few texts/photos in advance with the mum to see what kind of woman she is?
    I have no idea. Caught off guard? Element of surprise? Couldn't bring myself to turn down her offer once she said how much her mom wanted to meet me and how much she wanted me to meet her mom? I really can't tell you why I accepted. But we are going to talk (apparently both she and her mom are iPhone people so we can do a FaceTime chat before we plan the date... which the daughter is apparently doing right now - dammit)

What if mother/daughter just want to laugh at you?
    This is possible. But the daughter has been providing care for my mother for some time - that's how we met. And she knows certain things about me and my personality. I am not a bad or mean person (usually). Really I'm not. But I do have the potential and the ability to wreck people's lives if I so desire. She and my mom have had chats about what her dear son has done over the course of his life to right wrongs committed by others. So this girl is aware of what I just did to some treacherous cousins who did something bad and had to be punished for their sins. But she knows that I don't do such things for nothing. And she knows I have a (weird?) sense of Roman Honor. A person has to ask for it... and then I just give them what they've asked for. So I don't think that's it, as she and her mother seem like they're intelligent (her mother teaches at a local college). But ya know... who knows? People be crazy these days. Sometimes people have to stick their hand in water to learn that it's wet. And then, The Dude abides.

What if.......
    With every property that I've bought, with every stock or option I've traded, with every job I've left for another, with every relationship I've begun or ended... yes, what if. That's the adventure in this journey we call "life": what if.

I like having the answer (or a good idea) before I ask a question. Here, I don't. And as you can see, it's thrown me off my game and taken me out of my comfort zone.
    Last edited by Jag_Warrior; 28th December 2014 at 04:57.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith