Page 29 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast
    Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    At least you're getting some play dawg, and perhaps in the future you could "team" mommy, and her hot daughter.
    May the forza be with you

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    At least you're getting some play dawg, and perhaps in the future you could "team" mommy, and her hot daughter.
    I guess I'm just being goofy. I mean, what would I do with a girl in her 20's anyway? (Uh, don't answer that - you know I'm a horndog perv). What would we talk about, Taylor Swift? Justin Beeboo? Who knows, maybe she'll be a hot MILF and we'll hit it off. We can talk about cool stuff, like our relationship baggage (I assume she's divorced from Daddy?! Or, maybe she killed him and she's a blackwidow woman) and what common medications we both take. We can compare our 401k balances and what each of us will be getting for Social Security. What rest homes we think would be the best... I think Consumer Reports does a thing on that once a year.

Alrighty. I'm sufficiently humored (and depressed) now. Let me go lock up my pistols so I don't sleep walk tonight and "accidentally" eat a bullet by my own hands.

You're right though; considering what a pill I can be, I should be happy that some woman (any woman) has been pining for me. So I guess I need to stop looking at her daughter's hips too - I don't think quasi-step dads are supposed to do that... or (I'm new at this) are they?
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 387 Times in 327 Posts
    No offence but I always wondered why some middle aged or old men think that young girls may have a crush on them.......

Jag Warrior why did you accept a blind date? Why didn't you exchange a few texts/photos in advance with the mum to see what kind of woman she is?

What if mother/daughter just want to laugh at you?

What if.......

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gadjo_dilo View Post
    No offence but I always wondered why some middle aged or old men think that young girls may have a crush on them.......
    Well, "young" is relative. If I asked a girl out and she said, "OK, but can you drop me off at cheerleading practice first and will you have me home by 10PM curfew?" - I would figure that would be a bit too young for me. As for why some girls in their 20's are attracted to some guys in their 40's+... I guess it depends on the girl and the guy. Older guys (some) have stable jobs, money, cars, homes and may be up for some adventure... and can pay the bill to do it. Attracting a younger (in her 20's) girl isn't really all that hard. But she may be a gold-digger. Some guys are OK with that. I am not. I don't have time for that.

But in this case, the girl has yet to admit to me that she's married (someone I know who knows her told me yesterday) and she was always (tastefully) flirty and would send me texts up into the night. A girl who sends me texts at 9 or 10PM... well, I don't know that I'd be able to pull that off if I was married. But hey, I went out with a woman in Texas for several months (when I was in town on business) before I found out she was married. She never told me - one of her co-workers clued me in that she was married and even had a kid! So I just stopped calling her. Why did she do that? I guess I used to be kinda fun. And a cheater will cheat if there's some fun to be had.

Jag Warrior why did you accept a blind date? Why didn't you exchange a few texts/photos in advance with the mum to see what kind of woman she is?
    I have no idea. Caught off guard? Element of surprise? Couldn't bring myself to turn down her offer once she said how much her mom wanted to meet me and how much she wanted me to meet her mom? I really can't tell you why I accepted. But we are going to talk (apparently both she and her mom are iPhone people so we can do a FaceTime chat before we plan the date... which the daughter is apparently doing right now - dammit)

This is possible. But the daughter has been providing care for my mother for some time - that's how we met. And she knows certain things about me and my personality. I am not a bad or mean person (usually). Really I'm not. But I do have the potential and the ability to wreck people's lives if I so desire. She and my mom have had chats about what her dear son has done over the course of his life to right wrongs committed by others. So this girl is aware of what I just did to some treacherous cousins who did something bad and had to be punished for their sins. But she knows that I don't do such things for nothing. And she knows I have a (weird?) sense of Roman Honor. A person has to ask for it... and then I just give them what they've asked for. So I don't think that's it, as she and her mother seem like they're intelligent (her mother teaches at a local college). But ya know... who knows? People be crazy these days. Sometimes people have to stick their hand in water to learn that it's wet. And then, The Dude abides.

What if.......
    With every property that I've bought, with every stock or option I've traded, with every job I've left for another, with every relationship I've begun or ended... yes, what if. That's the adventure in this journey we call "life": what if.

I like having the answer (or a good idea) before I ask a question. Here, I don't. And as you can see, it's thrown me off my game and taken me out of my comfort zone.
    Last edited by Jag_Warrior; 28th December 2014 at 04:57.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by gadjo_dilo View Post

What if.......
    Gadji what is the harm of going on a blind date? It is spontaneous, plus it eliminates the trepidations that can arise through less formal prequalification. He is under no obligation to develop a relationship with this woman. Of course I can understand your concern, after all this is happening in the USA, which means they both will be packing heat, like all Americans do on first dates. One wrong word from either could get the other shot dead in self defense.
    Hopefully she is a convicted felon without the right to bear arms.
    Last edited by Tazio; 28th December 2014 at 06:44.

Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior View Post
    As for why some girls in their 20's are attracted to some guys in their 40's+... I guess it depends on the girl and the guy. Older guys (some) have stable jobs, money, cars, homes and may be up for some adventure... and can pay the bill to do it. Attracting a younger (in her 20's) girl isn't really all that hard. But she may be a gold-digger. Some guys are OK with that. I am not. I don't have time for that.
    That's why I asked. I have limited knowledge of English.. On my mind to have a crush on someone is to have rather intense feelings for someone you've just met or haven't even met yet, implying you don't know much about that person. Usually is related to the charm or personality because those who have a crush can't find a rational reason for that. Well, I might be wrong but that's what I understand of this syntagm (due to the songs or movies where I listened that ).
    But in this case, the girl has yet to admit to me that she's married (someone I know who knows her told me yesterday) and she was always (tastefully) flirty and would send me texts up into the night. A girl who sends me texts at 9 or 10PM... well, I don't know that I'd be able to pull that off if I was married.
    That's weird.......Your mother should have known. She had talks with her about her son but haven't ever talked about the girl's life.?.....
    As for being flirty, a lot of people do it just for fun or to kill the boredom.( even on this forum you have a significant example )

I have no idea. Caught off guard? Element of surprise? Couldn't bring myself to turn down her offer once she said how much her mom wanted to meet me and how much she wanted me to meet her mom? I really can't tell you why I accepted. But we are going to talk (apparently both she and her mom are iPhone people so we can do a FaceTime chat before we plan the date... which the daughter is apparently doing right now - dammit)
    The right answer is that you really want an adventure. . But take care....I'm sure you're smitten with the young one.....So please don't break the mum's heart.

This is possible. But the daughter has been providing care for my mother for some time - that's how we met. And she knows certain things about me and my personality.
    Here's the point where things become more complicated. Can your mum be a part of the plan? Maybe she was like do you know a good woman for my wonderful son?

With every property that I've bought, with every stock or option I've traded, with every job I've left for another, with every relationship I've begun or ended... yes, what if. That's the adventure in this journey we call "life": what if.
    Hey.......If you really have some properties there's no wonder the girl wants you for her mum. I've noticed that security is that most of the women are looking for in a relationship.

I
    I like having the answer (or a good idea) before I ask a question. Here, I dony't. And as you can see, it's thrown me off my game and taken me out of my comfort zone.
    Come on.....This date is exactly what you wanted (and it seems it was your Christmas gift ) although it's the young one you'd like to see. So enjoy it. I'm sorry if my post spoiled the fun ( if there's a thing I could do without ever failing, then always spoiling the fun is.......). I'm just a bit reticent about these things.
    But now that you involved us in this story you have the moral obligation to keep us informed about how things develop. And good luck! So when is the date? New year's eve?

Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    Gadji what is the harm of going on a blind date? It is spontaneous, plus it eliminates the trepidations that can arise through less formal prequalification. He is under no obligation to develop a relationship with this woman. Of course I can understand your concern, after all this is happening in the USA, which means they both will be packing heat, like all Americans do on first dates. One wrong word from either could get the other shot dead in self defense.
    Hopefully she is a convicted felon without the right to bear arms.
    Passionate crimes are not made with guns. You should have known that.

Now seriously, it's the no obligations thing that concerns me. I mean someone may be hurt if he/she is rejected. Well, I know I'm a bit weird about soul things, but still....It's really embarrassing.....I find it painful to say to the other part that you don't intend to see him/her again. But then again....I'm not the usual pragmatic type...

A few months ago the girls in my office tried to set a blind date for a guy who comes sometimes at us with work. I found it weird that someone rather young would ask help from rather unknown people to find a girl. All my colleagues but me were enthusiastic about the idea and thought of a nice girl who now works on another department. I thought she'll be offended but she wasn't, or maybe said she wouldn't mind just for fun. One morning on our way to work she asked me about the guy ( the context was that we had a laugh about the situation). I was honest and said I dislike him at least for the annoying habit to kiss our hands when he enters/leaves the office. Then I said my opinion on such things and she agreed with me, and said she also thought she can't go on a blind date. I suggested another script, like we'll go for a beer after work and the guy would drop in ''accidentally'' and spend some time with us so it wouldn't be like they two met on purpose but spend time and have fun with a group of 6 people.. The rest of colleagues were mad on me saying they should meet in particular. Then I suggested that when the guy would come to our office to send a PM to the girl who'd come as she have a problem with us and see him. We did it and her reaction was ""can't stand him. His trousers are like my dad's''. My colleagues are still angry that she disliked him. I remembered this incident cos yesterday I wanted to send her a message and the last communication with her was ''the groom has come''.
    Last edited by gadjo_dilo; 28th December 2014 at 08:14.

OK Gadji, but I still don't see any harm in a dinner or movie date, and an innocent naked ride home.

Then I wish you as many blind dates as you can get. All with young tramps( sorry, I meant girls ). All happily ending up with naked ridings home and......

.....and I hope your hand kisser associate dude doesn't have cold sores on his lips
    Last edited by Tazio; 28th December 2014 at 10:29.