Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: Formula E

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Congrats to Piquet!

Sadly Trulli is well past it as a driver. Wonder if he continues driving or concentrates on being a team principal, which is clearly the long-term career prospect for him now.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inimitablestoo View Post
    It's only F1 where things didn't work - and with hindsight, how much of that was really down to him?...
    Yep... In retrospect... Piquet didn't really perform much worse compared to Alonso than Massa/Räikkönen did. And Massa and Räikkönen were (if not are) very highly rated drivers, former championship contenders. The difference was that Renault in 08-09 was a worse car than the 10-14 Ferrari, so points were harder to come by, which magnified the points gap. And team principal was Briatore, who is perhaps the most diehard believer in the concept of No.1-No.2 drivers.

I think... in a different situation, and perhaps with more experience, Piquet might just have looked like a competent F1 driver. A bit like Buemi, Alguersuari, etc looked like - competent F1 drivers on F1 level, now Piquet's rivals in Formula E.

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Deep inside I always favored Buemi. He did a good job in F1 and also in WEC. Some people thought that firing him from Toro Rosso was unjustified. So I was rooting for him in the last race, but when he lost his car in one of the turns in race 11, that was the incident really cost him the championship. On the other hand, Piquet finished something like fifth after starting from almost the back of grid. That was an incredible drive.

Liked 59 Times in 43 Posts
    Alguersuari to miss FormulaE's season 2 due some healthy problems. He's waiting for some exam results or something

Andretti confirmed new deals with AMLIN (now they have that blue car!) and drivers SImona DeSilvestro and Vergne.
    Vergne is allowed to leave the team if he gets an F1 deal with HAAS.

Villeneuve is rumored to join Sarrazin in Venturi Team

Campos Racing will be "running" Mahindra's squad this season. (They are already running other program with NextEV China team too)

Season 3 will have batteries upgrades. Rimac and Williams are the two companies that will be fighthing for that spot. Battery competition is on the table too but its unlikely due Financial support offered from both in case of exclusive contracts

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    I am really gutted to see Villeneuve joining Venturi in Heidfeld's place. Do we know whether Quick Nick has been axed or if he has other plans for the next year?

Liked 788 Times in 585 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N4D13 View Post
    I am really gutted to see Villeneuve joining Venturi in Heidfeld's place. Do we know whether Quick Nick has been axed or if he has other plans for the next year?
    Stick your guts back in .
    JV is at Venturi , and quick Nick is at Mahindra .

7. Likes: N4D13 (10th August 2015)
    Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    Stick your guts back in .
    JV is at Venturi , and quick Nick is at Mahindra .
    Yeah, I just saw the entrants for the first day of pre-season testing and I'm happy to see that he will still be racing in the series, although in a different team.

Liked 788 Times in 585 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N4D13 View Post
    Yeah, I just saw the entrants for the first day of pre-season testing and I'm happy to see that he will still be racing in the series, although in a different team.
    I'm happy to see them both racing , but especially JV .

I do have a soft spot for Nick , but JV has always been the go fast , straight-talker I have followed most in his career .

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    The formula E is not a opponent of the formula 1 with in particular the drivers are not a stars like in formula 1; they are young or retired of formula 1 but for my opinion is a good championship and rather interesting.

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
    Wonder who will be the Aguri drivers.