Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    Interestingly Alonso hasn't won at Spa - I don't remember but has he had any DNFs or shunts there?

edit: 2006 seems to be missing from that list so the above line makes no sense if he indeed won that year
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    No Belgian GP in 2003 & 2006
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

3. Likes: Storm (21st August 2014)
    Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    I'm sure he binned it in the rain one year, but not sure if he retired as a result
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    One of the most thrilling battles I watshed over the years at Spa is the one between Kimi and Lewis 2008, the last laps in the rain.

6. Likes: journeyman racer (20th August 2014),truefan72 (20th August 2014)
    Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mia 01 View Post
    One of the most thrilling battles I watshed over the years at Spa is the one between Kimi and Lewis 2008, the last laps in the rain.
    That was all just a side show for the brilliance of Massa who eventually stormed to victory though. Hamilton is only an average driver so my guess is something was wrong with Kimi's Ferrari. Shame.

Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mia 01 View Post
    The whole race.

Liked 1,082 Times in 604 Posts
    Love, Love, LOve this track! Attrition is sometimes high but if Mercedes can keep all of their parts functioning I don't think they can be beat.
    Unless.... has the car been driven in cooler temps this season? I wonder if that might be a concern...
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

10. Likes: truefan72 (20th August 2014)
    Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post
    Kimi is the only true modern day legend around here. 4 wins. Great stuff. Lets hope he does well this weekend
    Quote Originally Posted by GravettFan99
    Hungary saw Kimi achieve his best finish of the season, so I'm hoping his result there is the start of a redemption. I think he has a chance of outrunning Alonso at Spa.
    As far back as Canada certain members (like Airshifter) were saying that Force India were about to overtake Ferrari in the WCC standings. That race wouldn't even be close if Kimi did what he was paid for. I hope he fares better in the second half of the season, because Kimi, and his vastly superior teammate even have a chance to hold off Williams for third. I also feel that if Fred continues to ponk Kimi at Spa it will be the final nail in Kimi's F1coffin, and I personally don't want to see him go out like this, but it is becoming more and more evident that he bit off more than he can chew in his battle against Alonso.
    Last edited by Tazio; 20th August 2014 at 16:59.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    As far back as Canada certain members (like Airshifter) were saying that Force India were about to overtake Ferrari in the WCC standings. That race wouldn't even be close if Kimi did what he was paid for. I hope he fares better in the second half of the season, because Kimi, and his vastly superior teammate even have a chance to hold off Williams for third. I also feel that if Fred continues to ponk Kimi at Spa it will be the final nail in Kimi's F1coffin, and I personally don't want to see him go out like this, but it is becoming more and more evident that he bit off more than he can chew in his battle against Alonso.
    TBH i don't think kimi even sees it as a battle between he and Alonso. Kimi is only concerned with getting his car the way he wants it and going about his business.
    In his 2 worst years in recent memory ,2008 the car did not suit him and tbf he was not as motivated. I'd say he was even slightly burned out.
    This year, the car absolutely does not suit him and credit has to be given to alonso for wrestling with this beast. But he is slowly coming to grips and we have 9 more races to go so we will see.
    But when the car suits him and he feels confident in the machinery, he has proven to be a very capable driver. I think kimi has done his best with this car, Alonso is just that good and has put a serious shine on a turd. It is more to do with what Alonso overperforming than kimi underperforming

and yes, I absolutely love this track. I do miss the old bus stop chicane though. It was such a classic. I wish they would bring it back somehow.
    Spa and suzuka are tops on my list. by a long margin with istanbul coming in at an honorable 3rd (loved that track too)
    you can't argue with results.

13. Likes: Tazio (21st August 2014)
    Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    and yes, I absolutely love this track. I do miss the old bus stop chicane though. It was such a classic. I wish they would bring it back somehow.
    I couldn't agree more. Spa didn't need 'improving'. At least they didn't do a Hockenheim job on it.
    Forza Ferrari!!