Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 669 Times in 467 Posts
    In this case I actually agree with Roamy. Take a look at what is going on in the world, then look at the countries stopping it. Which is none. Many of the same that condemn the US for getting involved will do nothing unless the US does get involved, and instead choose to watch ethnic cleansing, overthrown governments, etc.

I would think that the one time the world would agree to use military force would be to stop just crimes against people. But instead, the world will sit on the sidelines and do nothing. I guess they will just hope such things never happen in their country, as it's possible nobody will come to help.

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFamousEccles View Post
    Well, at a guess I would say that Roamy wants his rootin' tootin' 'Merican coal-rollin', god-fearin', from my cold-lifeless-hand open carry, semi-auto Bro's to rise up, coz those spineless euro-weiners are just gonna bend over for a good sharia rogering, brokeback style.

Or not.
    What he said.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    It's been not quite a fortnight since this thread was started and I'm mystified as to what Roamy's intent actually was. This all seems rather a bit vague.
    To understand fousto (aka Roamy) is to admit you are a nutter!!! Leave it be
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 555-04Q2 View Post
    To understand fousto (aka Roamy) is to admit you are a nutter!!! Leave it be
    Surely we already know that this is true; I am a nutter
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

5. Likes: airshifter (29th August 2014)
    Liked 669 Times in 467 Posts
    Count me in as well. But these days if you think for yourself someone will think you are a nutter regardless. Easier to embrace it and go with it than to fight it.

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Our superior Eurocentric friends seem conspicuously incognito on this thread. Those big bad mean American bullies. At least Barry talked tough tonight. I was frankly proud of him tonight. We shall see . . .

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by keysersoze View Post
    Our superior Eurocentric friends seem conspicuously incognito on this thread. Those big bad mean American bullies. At least Barry talked tough tonight. I was frankly proud of him tonight. We shall see . . .
    I live in Australia. We have no foreign policy other than to do whatever big brother tells us to do. Firstly we did what John Bull told us and now we do what Uncle Sam tells us. That's pretty well much been the reason Australia has been to every war it's been in ever.
    Little Barry McKenzie is too much of an idiot to question what others tell him to do.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 49 Times in 43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter View Post
    In this case I actually agree with Roamy. Take a look at what is going on in the world, then look at the countries stopping it. Which is none. Many of the same that condemn the US for getting involved will do nothing unless the US does get involved, and instead choose to watch ethnic cleansing, overthrown governments, etc.

I would think that the one time the world would agree to use military force would be to stop just crimes against people. But instead, the world will sit on the sidelines and do nothing. I guess they will just hope such things never happen in their country, as it's possible nobody will come to help.
    Before getting involved into something make sure your involvement is going to improve things. That's not been the case with the latest U.S. military interventions.
    Llibertat

11. Likes: Tazio (11th September 2014)
    Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy Tamasz View Post
    Before getting involved into something make sure your involvement is going to improve things. That's not been the case with the latest U.S. military interventions.
    Which one are you speaking of? You've got to be more specific.

If you mean the Iraq/Syria thing, perhaps you think our best course would just to stay out and let ISIS do whatever it wants? Personally, I think that might not be a bad way to go. It's a Muslim problem so let the Muslim countries of the world deal with it. What is going on there can't be too bad - shooting prisoners; raping women and/or forcing marriage; killing non combatants and children; etc. - since we don't see the populations of the majority Muslim countries of the world taking to the streets to demand immediate action against the "Islamic State". If its OK with the rest of Islam I guess its OK with me.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover